Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-29-2019, 11:53 AM Reply   
Check out this Malibu M240 walkthrough! What does everyone think? this thing is a tank

Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-01-2019, 8:02 AM Reply   
Here is my 2 cents as someone who is in the market for a 2020 custom build. The M240 is nice, no doubt. That said, I think Malibu is missing many opportunities given the price premium over nearly every other boat in that size range on the market. I looked at it briefly and ruled it out with little consideration because I don't see the value provided for the price premium they are demanding.

On another note, why is Malibu so secretive about basic boat specs such as weight? You can't find this info published anywhere including their own website.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-17-2019, 1:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
Here is my 2 cents as someone who is in the market for a 2020 custom build. The M240 is nice, no doubt. That said, I think Malibu is missing many opportunities given the price premium over nearly every other boat in that size range on the market. I looked at it briefly and ruled it out with little consideration because I don't see the value provided for the price premium they are demanding.

On another note, why is Malibu so secretive about basic boat specs such as weight? You can't find this info published anywhere including their own website.
Hey Tre, I was at the dealer meeting and I'm a sales rep so we didn't even get the info until the official unveiling. I think it's basically how every product launch goes. That being said, I'm not sure what price premium you are talking about. They are going right up against the G23 Paragon with this and comes in both cheaper and longer. I can't speak to the Paragon's wave as I haven't been on one but I will say the M240's wave is legit.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also, if you are interested depending on where you are in WI, I can help you get this thing built out or anything else you might want. Personally, my favorite for price/performance is still the 25LSV. PM me
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-18-2019, 3:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansgt View Post
Hey Tre, I was at the dealer meeting and I'm a sales rep so we didn't even get the info until the official unveiling. I think it's basically how every product launch goes. That being said, I'm not sure what price premium you are talking about. They are going right up against the G23 Paragon with this and comes in both cheaper and longer. I can't speak to the Paragon's wave as I haven't been on one but I will say the M240's wave is legit.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also, if you are interested depending on where you are in WI, I can help you get this thing built out or anything else you might want. Personally, my favorite for price/performance is still the 25LSV. PM me

For 240K if the wave isn't anything but legit don't even waste our time producing the boat...
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-19-2019, 12:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
For 240K if the wave isn't anything but legit don't even waste our time producing the boat...
^^^^^This.

Malibu has become a fast production line basic b***h boat that is way over priced simply because it says "Malibu" on the side. It is totally driven towards the wealthy who just surfed a friends boat & now they want one but only know of 2 names in the industry
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2019, 7:02 AM Reply   
Of course, it could also be that they have the best surfing technology. Let's just say there is a reason Nautique pays malibu to be able to use the NSS. It's because having the surf gate patented means malibu gets to refuse anything that is too close... let's just say I have it on good authority they wouldn't have approved it if it were even close. But hey, mass production sucks amirite... i hate how production efficiencies and vertical integration results in lower more competitive prices.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2019, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
Guess they should stop producing any smaller boat because it doesn't cater directly to you as well right...
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-22-2019, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansgt View Post
Of course, it could also be that they have the best surfing technology. Let's just say there is a reason Nautique pays malibu to be able to use the NSS. It's because having the surf gate patented means malibu gets to refuse anything that is too close... let's just say I have it on good authority they wouldn't have approved it if it were even close. But hey, mass production sucks amirite... i hate how production efficiencies and vertical integration results in lower more competitive prices.
Their wave is not the best. It isn't bad, but far from the best. The G's throw a better wave than Malibu, MB's throw a better wave, the new Mastercraft is off the charts good. I've surfed most of them, the LSV models are legit no doubt, but far from the best
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2019, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Their wave is not the best. It isn't bad, but far from the best. The G's throw a better wave than Malibu, MB's throw a better wave, the new Mastercraft is off the charts good. I've surfed most of them, the LSV models are legit no doubt, but far from the best
Whatever you say my dude.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-23-2019, 1:14 AM Reply   
If anybody in this thread believes that people buy one of these boats because X's wave is 3 inches taller and a foot longer than Y's wave, you might be thinking about it too logically. If you're a salesman, you should know this better than anyone. The fact that these people are buying a $150,000+ boat in the first place is obviously not logical. People buy based on emotion. The brand that the customer identifies with is a more powerful feature than the best wave, new stereo innovation, the most plush interior, etc could ever be. Maybe they've always thought having a Nautique was the mark of someone with status. Maybe they identify as someone that goes against the grain and they want a Supra because they don't want to conform to the "big 3" brands. It's different for everyone, but these "emotional motivators" are what make our industry able to exist in the first place. A good surf wave is just a bonus.