Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cal2vin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-25-2014, 8:18 PM Reply   
I used this handy app over the weekend to control music wirelessly and it works really well. Its called revremote. Its reverse remote but I think its only for ios devices. Download the app then hook that device with the app to the stereo. Put it away wherever out of harms way. Then it tells you he IP address and you can control its music from any device with a browser on the same network. I just put my iPad on the stereo. Put it away and controlled it with an iPod touch with a waterproof case. The only catch is you have to have a WiFi network on your boat. I used an old phone that has a tethering app to create a wireless network and connect both devices to that. That phone is actually my navionics device so its already out and hardwired to a charger so it worked great for me. Also this way you aren't actually sending music wirelessly degrading the quality you just control another device and if you get out of range the music doesn't cut out.
Old     (ryty37)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-25-2014, 8:57 PM Reply   
I use an ios app similar to this but it works over bluetooth. I use an iPod touch loaded with music connected via the aux input to my boat stereo and can select music and control volume on it remotely from my iPhone over bluetooth. I have been 200 ft away and still had control over my music.
Much better option, IMHO than streaming bluetooth because I don't need a strong signal to control the iPod and better than that, no compressed audio through my $2,500 audio setup. It's called Tango, I think it cost me like a buck or something. Very cool app.
Old     (cal2vin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-25-2014, 9:03 PM Reply   
I used tango before this app and it seemed to be slightly quieter. It is its own music app whereas revremote jus controls the native iOS music app. And you have to download tango on both devices. This revremote can be done from any web browser as long as ur on the WiFi. BTW tango works on WiFi too much longer range on wifi than Bluetooth