Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-04-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   

The Wi-Fi Combo Kit enables remote control, live preview and playback on smartphones and tablets*, live streaming* to the web, and more. The Wi-Fi Combo Kit is compatible with HD HERO2 and Original HD HERO cameras.

Wi-Fi Remote:
Control up to 50 cameras a time, 600’ / 180m range
Full camera control: On/Off, Mode, Shutter, and Settings
Attachment strap, key ring, and charging cable included
Wearable & Waterproof to 10’/3m
GoPro App + Smartphone or Tablet (Coming Soon)
Control your GoPro(s) with your smartphone or tablet
Live preview & playback of videos & photos from your GoPro(s)
Wi-Fi transfer* footage from your GoPro to your smartphone or tablet and share with friends
Live stream your smartphone as a hotspot
Live Streaming + Sharing Directly from Your GoPro (Coming Soon)
Live stream video or share photos and videos directly to the web from your GoPro, wherever you have a network connection (coming soon).

What’s Included
Wi-Fi BacPac (with built-in Li-ion Battery)
Wi-Fi Remote (with built-in Li-ion Battery)
Remote Charging Cable
Remote Attachment Key
Remote Attachment Strap
Waterproof Backdoor
Non-waterproof Backdoor
12” USB Charging Cable
NOTE: A product update is REQUIRED before using your Wi-Fi products. The original HD HERO is only compatible with the Wi-Fi Remote. Does not support GoPro App and video + photo live streaming.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about it, I have been waiting for awhile for it to come out. Looks like it will be pretty sweet for the rider to wear that and easily record whenever they want. I wonder if the floaty backdoor will float the camera still?
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Ordered mine a few hours ago!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-05-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
This is going to give soo many options especially if you have multi camera setup. Whether its you controlling it or someone else while ur riding.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-06-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Only downside is you need the wifi backpack for each camera
Old     (lakeskater)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-06-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
I can't see myself using this much. But the LCD screen bacpac is a must have. No more shooting all day just to find out later that the camera was pointed too high or low.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-07-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Can you plug a long cable and run a 'remote' LCD with the GoPro to see what you are videoing?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-07-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
Can you plug a long cable and run a 'remote' LCD with the GoPro to see what you are videoing?
It will have an iphone/ipad app released soon that you can view whats recording to use as ur lcd. Should also be able to use it with maliview & LINC i heard as well.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-07-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
I'm definitely interested in the wifi capabilities of this new GoPro for sure and will likely buy one. Except I just went and blew a grip on a new Canon T3i and 24-105 f4 L
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-07-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ordered mine 2 days ago... Look forward to using it!
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-07-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JI0w...e_gdata_player
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-08-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
This will come in real handy though when the gopro is mounted on my suv when offroading or on motorcycle. Beats stopping on the trail or reaching down on the fender of the bike to click record or snap a photo. Hard to do when going through the Tail of the Dragon or mountains of TN/NC.

Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       06-11-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Mine says it will be here on Wed 6/13 I'll report back sometime after this weekend on it's use.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-13-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
Got mine delivered and hooked up today, works awesome! They haven't released the app for phones or iPad, but just having the remote will be nice. The same display on the camera is on the remote and you can cycle through and change all your settings. I'm going to give it a try on the lake tomorrow after work!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-14-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Nice...i think the app is coming out at the end of june. Mine should be here today going to use it this weekend with my skier friends
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-14-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Got mine today...had to update everything first but was pretty straight forward.

FYI...once the gopro app comes out, if you have the gopro hd original, the app will only work as a remote. Whereas on the gopro2 it will be able to view live feed, streaming and remote use.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       06-15-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
been trying to get my remote to work, but man there are a ton of configuration steps.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-15-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
1. Update gopro - takes 3-5 minutes
2. Plug wifi bcpac into camera, plug usb to pc from bacpac, udate
3. Update remote

Done..10 minutes
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2012, 5:28 AM Reply   
My advice...DO NOT TAKE YOUR REMOTE IN THE WATER!

I tested it out yesterday and everything was working great...until the remote screen starting going blank. I quickly realized something was wrong could see a little water behind the red LED. Sure enough, I took the remote apart and water had seeped in through the cracks. There is a VERY thin red rubber gasket to keep the water from getting in (reminds me of the Alpine waterproof keychain remote that did the exact same thing after the first time).

This morning, I have the disassembled remote sitting in a jar of rice to dry it out. I used compressed air to dry it first, tested it and I could see the screen and the remote was functioning but it was still acting funky, so I'm going to keep it drying out in the rice and put it on my dashboard while I'm on the lake today. It should work fine but disappointed in the overall LACK of waterproofing. My guess is they'll have to either fix this gasket, come out with a new version, or have a ton of disappointed customers who jump in the water with the remote thinking they're fine as long as they don't go below 10'.

From now on, it will only be a dashboard/keychain remote!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-16-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
^^^did u contact gopro?? Went n the water today with mine, so far so good
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2012, 3:55 AM Reply   
Well the good news is everything dried out and works fine, but pretty sure I didn't cause the issue so we'll see what GoPro says? Hopefully everyone else has a good experience, I love not having to tell someone to turn the camera on/off when it's mounted on the rear of the boat! The mobile app features will be sick!

Regarding the updates, my recommendation is to read the directions FIRST, then re-read them step by step (there's times when you want to be connected to the USB and then there's times where it says to NOT connect...just get these steps right the first time so you don't have to screw around with trying to sync and re-update!)
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-18-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
^^^please keep us posted with what gopro says. My remote will always be on my wrist in the water so its kinda important to be wterproof