Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Dswitz)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-07-2018, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the sport of wakesurfing. Last summer, my son and I both had an opportunity to go to a wakesurfing demo day while we were on vacation at Lake Martin, AL and absolutely fell in love with it. We both wakeboarded at the time behind our Sea Ray sterndrive but neither of us could get rid of the wakesurf bug. Now we have our boat up for sale and are in the market for an inboard that we can mostly surf but occasionally continue to wakeboard as well.

I've spent a considerable amount of time online trying to research boat brands and prices. I've ended up here in hopes of getting feedback from all of you here that have considerable more experience as boat owners and as surfers. We are going to buy something used because unfortunately there's no way I can touch these new boat prices. My current range is mid 40-50K . I have a few questions that hopefully you can answer:

What brands/models are better for surfing in my price range?
What year boat should I start my search from? (Basically I don't want to drop a bunch of money to get the boat and then have to immediately start having to add on stuff just to get a surfable wave. I want to get into the year/make/model that will get me in the game and allow me to surf. ** I'm fine with adding ballasts, ect. to tweak things later**)

Also, am I correct in that the MC GEN 1 system is a no go and a 2012 X2 with the Medallian software system isn't a wise investment? I was set to buy one (very good price) until I started reading about their software issues and the GEN 1 system.

Last edited by Dswitz; 03-07-2018 at 8:00 AM. Reason: forgot something