Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
Recently started getting cracks/pops while adjusting the main volume of my WS-420 BT, regardless of the source (main head unit, direct aux, direct Bluetooth). Does okay if it is left at one volume setting but worried about ill effects to the rest of the speakers with using it for adjustment. Obviously not ideal to leave at max volume and use iPhone as volume control or adjust all 3 zones whenever slowing down boat.

So far I've taken all the external housings off and tried cleaning the volume potentiometer with compressed air and electronic contact cleaner, and rapidly adjusting knob too many times to count but still getting enough cracks and pops to make me worry about my components. Unfortunately the potentiometer boxes look pretty damn sealed which is to be expected.

Word from Wetsounds is that it is most likely dirt or corrosion, and if I can't get it cleaned then it's an entire board swap. Just wondering if anyone has completely taken their EQ down to basic parts and if it's possible to maybe swap the main and mic potentiometers or something? Or should I just take this as an opportunity to move to the Exile zone controller?

Last edited by rlwagens; 07-22-2017 at 7:45 AM.