Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    SamIngram            01-10-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
1965 Cadillac DeVille with a Cummins 12 Valve

That thing would tow the boat awesome!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-10-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
That thing is cool! I'd roll that for sure!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Dope. But why put the exhaust there?
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-10-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Very cool. I don't get the point of a diesel though? That black smoke would get old real fast!
Old    SamIngram            01-10-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit_rider View Post
Very cool. I don't get the point of a diesel though? That black smoke would get old real fast!
The point of diesel? A Cummins 12 valve can easily be built to over 600 hp and 1,000 ft.lbs of torque with no electronics! You don't have to smoke if you don't want to. I would also bet that with the current motor in that Caddy that it gets better fuel economy than it ever did with the 7.0L 429.

That think would be the ultimate cruiser in my book and I would LOVE to pull the boat up the mountain from Phoenix to Page in that thing.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-10-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Probably has the exhaust there due to the fact that it lays on the ground so there isn't much room to route the exhaust. I do agree though that it's not the best location.

I would rock that in a second for pulling the boat. Maybe I can pull my boat with my 63 impala which I will own one day.lol
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       01-10-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit_rider View Post
The black smoke would never get old!
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-10-2011, 5:53 PM Reply   
Believe it or not, our family tow rig when I was a kid was a 1971 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with a 472! My dad pulled our 21' Sanger from the South Bay to Don Pedro every weekend with that thing. Damn I miss both of those boats...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
LOL @ that thing. In one angle the video shows it blasting the side walk with black smoke, like if people were walking down the street they would get blasted with black smoke. And the guy seems to like that the car pisses people off with the black smoke.

I bet if your going more than 10 mph the black smoke and stink comes right back in the car so the joke is real on him. Cool for him for doing something diffrent , But mabey he should have put a set of Diesel Smoke stack's on it. Yeee Haww
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-10-2011, 7:41 PM Reply   
Come on "G" you know you want to blow black smoke from your Prius.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Only 3 hrs to go & no one has bid on the rat rodded diesel Caddie? Still only $12k!