Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (16stang)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-25-2016, 6:40 PM Reply   
Will be pulling the trigger on a new boat soon and have been drawn to Sangers, specifically the V215. Would love to here from the Sanger owners or anybody familiar with Sangers. Pros/Cons, etc. Thanks
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2016, 9:45 PM Reply   
The cons on Sangers are that the fit is not as good as some of the highest end boats and... actually that's it. Okay, they are not as well known as some manufacturers to the resale market is smaller. Of course, that's mitigated by the fact you probably won't want to sell it.

The pros are that the wood construction gives a more solid structure which handles rough water and flexing better than other designs;
the hull design works very well in rough water and chop;
the initial cost is lower than many so you're of pocket less;
the hull can make A grade wakes for boarding and surfing and makes a pretty decent ski wake (which is better with the Bennett Tab);
they look way sexier than anything else on the water (might be a personal point of view);
you sit low in the boat and the seats are actually comfortable with no bottoming out while crossing wakes;
the hull design gives more sports car like performance than any other rear engine boat.

Oh, on mine the stock stereo sucks but my wife doesn't want to listen to tunes so its not really a con.
I bought my 2006 and chose it over other brands regardless of cost, for my purposes. Other uses may produce different results.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2016, 12:55 AM Reply   
I got my Sanger V210 in 2003. 1000 trouble free hours I still love it!
Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-26-2016, 7:53 AM Reply   
This is 100% bias, but the list of Pros is a mile long! We ski, board, and surf behind ours and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Personally I think the fit and finish is similar quality to the big name brands, just doesn't have the flashy materials and electronics. Cons, the low freeboard requires the driver to pay a little more attention on rough water days. Long story short, just look at how sweet they look, that should answer your question!
Attached Images

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-26-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
I'm on my second sanger. Just got my 05 v215 last summer and I had a dlx 20 before. Every time I take my v215 out, it impresses me. If anything happened to it, I would probably just replace it with another one.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-26-2016, 8:32 AM Reply   
Another 1,000 hour pro-Sanger owner. (2002 V210)
Attached Images

Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-26-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
I just bought a sanger DLX 20 and I am BEYOND pleased with it. The boat is amazing and the hull design for this boat throws a pretty good wake for what it is. The V215 is an awesome boat, my buddy has a V215 and it is a blast to be on the lake with that boat. My favorite thing about these boat is how it handles chop like some of the other guys previously mentioned. This boat handles chop far better than most malibus that I have been on! My vote is that if you get it for the price you want, BUY IT!!
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-26-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Also, my sanger has 1,000 hours as well on all stock engine and drive train! haha
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-26-2016, 9:31 AM Reply   
I owned a 2004 Sanger V210 for a couple of years and I never could get the wake to a point where I was happy with it. I had a bunch of sacks that I put everywhere (rear lockers, in the bow, in the center, etc.) plus the stock center ballast. The wake always ended up really wide. The good things about the boat were:

tower easy to fold so no hassle getting it in and out of the garage
upholstery held up really really well, still looked new when I sold it
all the seats/storage were hinged instead of pull out
all hinges, screws, brackets, etc., were stainless so never saw rust anywhere
everything was put together really well -- never had any electrical issues or screws popping out or rattles or anything
vm trailer towed really well with my 1/2 ton pickup

cons were:

not happy with the wake (I may be the only person on earth who says this though)
parts for the black scorpion/mercruiser engine were really expensive (like 700 for stock alternator and over a thousand for fuel pump -- just parts!) and the local mercruiser shop sucked -- note I never had to replace the fuel pump and only replaced the alternator because I was tracking an engine noise which turned out to be misaligned pulleys which required some shims to straighten the serpentine belt)
teak swim platform had some warped boards

I was actually boat shopping recently and seriously considered a brand new V215. I was really excited about it until I went and looked at it. My problems with it were that I absolutely hated the tower. Not only was it ugly and mounted really far back (which means you pretty much have to enter/exit the boat at the very back or the bow) it required tools to lower. Another dealer around here sells knobs which apparently make it possible to fold without tools but blah. I didn't like the bimini either. The drivers seat had no bolster and they had no option for one. Finally, the new 2016s now have a "raptor" engine in them which is apparently taller than the previous engine because they now have a molded-in hump on the sunpad like they had with the old 210s. It's not quite as high but it's definitely not flat.

I ended up buying a new 2016 Axis A20 which admittedly is a smaller boat. To me it doesn't feel smaller inside and on the trailer if feels massive because of how high up it sits. It's a lot taller though and even with 3k of ballast it has a ton of freeboard. Mine came with bolster/swivel seat, 3k of ballast, surf gate, "basic" cruise control (which works great), swivel board racks, easier-to-fold tower (not easy, it's really heavy, but doesn't require tools/knobs, just 2 spring-loaded clips), flat sunpad, wedge, heater, etc., all for less than the price of the new sanger. In order to get the better price I compromised on the color (took an in-stock red boat).

There are some bad things about the axis though. It doesn't tow well probably because it sits so high up. I'm going with a different hitch to try to get the tongue weight dialed next time, maybe it will help. It had 3 nicks in the upholstery brand new (one on seat back, one on each side near the cupholders). Dealer promised to replace at first service. The tower is really heavy and requires a post to hold up while backing into the garage. There are definitely fit&finish issues throughout the boat -- rear cup holder pops up because they have a hose running right under it which pushes up. Glove box is cheapo plastic. Driver seat has a lot of play in the swivel mechanism. Parts of the trailer are already rusty and I've only launched the thing twice. Battery box tops are loose and rattle, don't look like they were meant for the batteries/cables that are in there. Battery cables are already rusty. Trailer guide pole cap flew off as we were driving down the street. The stereo keeps freezing up (stuck on, whatever station was playing, no ability to change volume, station, source, power it off, etc.). I have to disconnect the battery (just via the red selector switch though) to get it to come back.

Dealer promises to fix all of the issues at my first service.

Now despite all of those (mostly minor) issues, we still really like the boat. The wakeboard wake is fantastic. With no ballast at ~17 my wife has decent wakes and is really happy. With some ballast and wedge down I'm really happy. I can adjust the line length and get clean wakes at various distances. I have never surfed but we filled all 3k of ballast (stock rear & center hard tanks + rear bags + front bow bag under the seats -- might bet more like 2800 because the front one doesn't fill all the way -- not enough room) and surf-gate turned on the surf wave looks really good. We're going to try it here in the next couple of days. The photo below shows the surf wave; that's with only 3 people in the boat, too.
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-26-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
Saber, how fast were you riding?

LOVE my v230. On my 3rd season with it. Got 4000 lbs of ballast if we want to go crazy. surfed Sunday with 2000 lbs and it was AWESOME. My friend's Nautique is of similar age and I don't find much difference in the two boats in terms of fit an finish. My rough water ride is head and shoulders above his. Crossed a set of rollers in his last year, thought the windshield was gonna crack. Happy we were in mine on Sunday as we had pretty high winds.

nothing looks better on the water than a slumpin' sanger IMO. I always drain a little ballast when we have 6+ just to be on the safe side. Beautiful boats and perform as well as any I've been on. Price is much more reasonable as well.

CONS: they make about 500 boats a year on the left coast. I found one in Austin just a few hours from me, PO ordered it from factory and had it delivered to Texas. If you're not willing to drive or pay shipping, that could be an issue. Well worth the price of shipping to get the right boat. Won't be selling mine any time soon.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-26-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   

Last edited by denverd1; 04-26-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-26-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
Anywhere 20-24. You're talking about a 230 which is a different boat. 215 is also a different boat. Also everyone else I've talked to loved the wake on their 210s so I am definitely aware of the fact that I am in a tiny minority. Everyone posting photos here: all your boats are totally rad. The tower I'm complaining about is the new one.
Attached Images

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-26-2016, 10:38 AM Reply   
Nothing beats a Sanger on value, nothing. If they'd develop a bombproof surf system with a techie bent they'd be talked of in the same breath as Tige and other midlevel's across the country, but they're prices would go up accordingly. weirdly enough we have great delaers in both Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-26-2016, 10:46 AM Reply   
Ya saber you had something wrong. The v210 is not at all by any means a wide wake. I'll bet for 1 you had your weight displacement wrong. It's actually on the narrower side of wakes. And not finicky at all. It's always clean at 22mph with no matter how much weight. My guess is you had too much rear weight.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-26-2016, 10:56 AM Reply   
You could be right but I struggled with it for 2 summers. We tried every combination even no weight in the back (all ballast other than stock center ballast was bags I bought from wakemakers). In any case I don't think discussion of the 210 wake is relevant because OP is looking at a 215. I did test drive a 215 but did not wakeboard behind it. Wake looked good to me (that was a 2006 or something).
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-26-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
I have been around Sangers my Whole life . I love the value of a Sanger boat . I also don't think there is anything better looking on the water . I would never turn away any of the big new surf boats if someone was to give me one . But if I'm spending from my extremely limited budget then I'm going Sanger . lol I just got a new to me used 210 and we love it . I really want to put a new tower on it but I think Towers look stupid ( no offense guys) especially on the clean lines of a Sanger so the ten foot pole will have to do the trick for now .
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2016, 6:07 PM Reply   
Oh I didn't know this was going to be a full love in. Photos attached.....
Attached Images

Old    cheesesteak            04-26-2016, 7:57 PM Reply   
We've had good success with the wake on our V230 . . .
Attached Images

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-26-2016, 8:01 PM Reply   
I'd love to move laterally from my V210 to a V237...
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-26-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
Never owned a Sanger so I'll give you an unbiased opinion.

For comparison I've owned: Prostar 205, Tige 20i, Calabria Team V, and currently a Malibu VLX.

I really like the basic, but classy, design of the sangers. Quality is good and is finished without all the flash that some people are looking for. It has just enough of everything without going over the top.

One of the most solid feeling/riding boats I've been in was a friends Sanger V210. Solid performance all around. Yes they have a lower freeboard than most....but you get used to it.

If I'd have one within a reasonable distance when I was in the market it would have been a no brainier....
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-26-2016, 9:39 PM Reply   
I'll be picking up a 2003 V210 with 192 hours and the 340hp black scorpion for $20500 this week if it passes inspection. My first ski boat, and extremely excited! I imagine there are ways to get around $700 alternators and $1000 fuel pumps that Saberworks posted about.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-26-2016, 10:20 PM Reply   
I just sold my 215. It was a great boat. It did everything well, never gave us a hiccup. Doesn't have all the bling and the 70" flatscreen my buddies new malibu has, but I'm ok with that. It was a great riding and dependable boat. I'm getting out of the boating game for a while due to my schedule, I just don't have time to enjoy it, but if I were to continue to have a boat, I'd keep my 215 in a heartbeat. The only downfall I can really give it is the freeboard. Other than thay, a great boat!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-27-2016, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmark View Post
I'll be picking up a 2003 V210 with 192 hours and the 340hp black scorpion for $20500 this week if it passes inspection. My first ski boat, and extremely excited! I imagine there are ways to get around $700 alternators and $1000 fuel pumps that Saberworks posted about.
Alternator for sure. I bought one at a local alternator shop (for maybe $300?) but the pulley was a different size. I just got a different belt but we could have swapped the pulleys as well. Not sure about fuel pump as I never ended up replacing mine.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-27-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Oh I didn't know this was going to be a full love in. Photos attached.....
was hoping those would show up!

damn steak! whats the setup for that wave??
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-27-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
anybody seen the 212 model in person?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-27-2016, 9:01 AM Reply   
I've replace the alternator in my '02 V210 and it was no where near $700 (much less than half that). No idea if the alternator is that much different in the 215, but I doubt it.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-27-2016, 9:03 AM Reply   
I was in one at a boatshow a couple weeks ago. Prices have crept into crazy territory on "value" boats up here in Canada given exchange rates (115K$ CDN for a new 212SL). It's a beauty boat though. The interior will grow on you, though I think longer term the little jump seat/observers seat thing will disappear. I really like the seadeck/gator step flooring, would be a must on a new boat for me. I put these in the Slumpin Sangers post from last year but thought I'd bring em back. I will have more from this coming season.
Attached Images

Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-27-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
Damn, that boat is hot! I better look for that Slumpin thread.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-27-2016, 9:38 AM Reply   
OP was looking at a new one. Does anyone here have a newer one with the new tower? I think it's 2013+? (Unless I misunderstood "new boat" in the OP.)
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-27-2016, 10:13 AM Reply   
WE totally hijacked his thread. Sorry, it's the little brother syndrome. I think what we're all talking about is, don't worry over buying a Sanger, they're the Toyota's of the wakeboat world.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-27-2016, 8:12 PM Reply   
I traded in my Sanger V210 (05) for a 2015 V215. Love it. Concur with everyone that the wake on the old ones were difficult at best to get a surf wake. The new one, great wake. I've been really happy with both boats construction wise. For the money, its a great value as the most of the other manufacturers are really high priced.

The only thing I'm not happy with the is the Clarion stereo - it sucks...will replace it this year.

I had the dealer take out the hard tanks and put in 2 900 lb sacks in the lockers. I got the Waksurf Shaper at the boat show and am going to try it out to see if it will stretch the wake out a bit longer.
Attached Images

Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-27-2016, 8:51 PM Reply   
Ok to be fair I live in Sanger and both kids have gone to Sanger High. I bought a 237 4 years ago and it has been a great boat. We can surf, wakeboard, ski, tube and just go fast with no problems. I think Sangers are the best value boat on the market and they drive great. I run my boat at 600' and 5600' feet and it does well in both locations.
Old     (qxbuzz)      Join Date: Jan 2016       04-27-2016, 11:53 PM Reply   
I ordered a 2016 V215 at the boat show this year and have had it about 5 weeks or so. I have had it out 4 times to break it in and so far I love the boat. It handles very well, accelerates very quickly, and handles the chop better than I expected. The 2016's now come with the Indmar 360 (entry level Raptor motor. Sanger says 338hp 365ft lb torque), 1100 lb bags in the rear lockers. The latest 2016's have a new Fusion stereo to replace the Clarion deck that it had before. It is kind of basic but the Bluetooth works very well. I ordered the boat with a heater installed from the factory, and my dealer installed several accessories (subwoofer, Exile tower speakers, amp, board racks, etc..) The fit and finish is really good with the gel coat and interior being good quality.

The tower is good quality as is the bimini though it could have a little more coverage for shade like some other boats out there, but it works fine. My dealer installed knobs to loosen the tower to fold quickly.

I looked at other boats in the 21 foot class and tested a 2014 Moomba LSV demo model. It was a nice boat with better freeboard and a bit more storage, but its performance doesn't come close to the Sanger. If the Moomba had been a 2015 with the Raptor 400 it would have been better I think.

The surf wave is impressive for a boat this size. We tested the wave with 3 adults and 1 child. Port side bag full, Starboard half full, Center full and speeds ranged from 10.2-11.2mph. At 10.2 the wave is short and steep and with the increase in speed it lengthened and mellowed out a little. I haven't; surfed it yet but the wave seems like it will work just fine.

I would recommend the V215 to anyone looking for a 21-22 foot boat who doesn't want to spend a ton of money and who doesn't need flashy touch screens and such...
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2016, 6:25 AM Reply   
I really like sanger's gel, pricing and features, but that tower... oy vey! Can't help but think that they'd sell more of them if they went with a nicer looking tower (like, say, the samson blade).
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-28-2016, 7:02 AM Reply   
They woulda been so much better just keeping the pro flight. I agree I wouldn't buy 1 with that tower or Bimini. Looks like garbage as counters the smooth lines everyone loves. Has zero flow.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-28-2016, 7:30 AM Reply   
I have to agree with the tower on the new ones. When I bought my V215 last summer I came very close to buying new but I actually liked the pro-flight tower of the older ones better than the new tower. Every time I look at my V215 I fall in love. The V215 is definitely one of the sexiest wakeboats.

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-28-2016, 8:42 AM Reply   
That new V215 with the old pro-flight tower would be MONEY
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       04-28-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
I love my Sanger but have gotten hot and bothered by the new Tige R21 as well. Nice lines, quality looks and taps3. I'd be looking hard at that one.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-28-2016, 12:27 PM Reply   
Nice boats guys!!

is the pro flight chubby even an option? I think it will grow on people like malibu's illusion did. DEFINITELY wouldn't take the Axis tower over the Sanger though. That one looks like well.... garbage
Old     (qxbuzz)      Join Date: Jan 2016       04-28-2016, 12:37 PM Reply   
I don't think there are any other towers available other than the forward swept Skylon that it has stock, or they have some carbon tower which I don't care for. Someone might be able to get the pro flight tower still, but I don't know.

I think Sanger is just making the boat look more up to date and modern with the forward swept towers as almost all the other boat companies have them. I personally like the forward swept towers better on all boats, but that is only my opinion.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-28-2016, 12:44 PM Reply   
The forward swoop tower has two variations on the new ones. They use a different tower and board racks with the XTZ 215 vs the 215S. Its not much different in looks. I believe the tower that looks similar to (but isn't) the Sampson razor tower is still able to be ordered. I'm not certain on the old school pro-flight tower. I was looking last summer at a new 215 before buying my 05. I only see the forward swept on new ones at dealers. Also the Matrix has the carbon fiber option design.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-28-2016, 4:45 PM Reply   
You can still get the pro flight chubby tower I'm currently am talking with Scott at Sanger about ordering a new 215 and that's one of the things I asked for
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2016, 11:18 AM Reply   
Great boats.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2016, 8:36 PM Reply   
The Chubby is rock solid and a bit taller tow point than many others. If you like that tower's looks you will never have an issue with it. Some other towers fold down lower if garage door height is an issue.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-01-2016, 7:39 PM Reply   
this was my 08 i just sold. Sangers are awesome. Low freeboard is definately a down fall and thats one of the big reasons I just bought an axis. But I loved my sanger. It was awesome. And as you can tell from the pic we had that wave dialed!!
Attached Images

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2016, 4:23 AM Reply   
always been a fan of the Sangers. If the focus is primarily surfing, which is the best? I assume it would be the 230 or 237?
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2016, 9:40 PM Reply   
Tough to find a more loyal boat owner than a guy owning a Sanger.

Tommy G....I've owned both a V237 and a V230. The V237 is an amazing surf boat. It can handle huge weight and throws a great wake. Best surf boat in the Sanger line.....bar none. It has a lot more freeboard than the V230, so it can handle the weight better.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2016, 12:34 AM Reply   
How does the wake board wakes compare between the 237 and 230?
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-04-2016, 11:45 AM Reply   
I started with a 1998 Sanger DLX (same hull as V210, just the D-Drive). I bought it as a "starter" boat with full intentions to "upgrade" in a few years because at the time all I could afford was the Sanger or Centurion but had my heart set on a Malibu or Mastercraft, Absolutely fell in love with that boat and was one of the best handling crafts that I had ever driven even after getting a lot of time behind the other major manufactures.

In 2006 I finally had the opportunity to "upgrade" and this time money was not an issue...went with the V215. Could not beat the price and performance. I was out there to ride and have fun, not to be the flashiest on the water sitting on Ski Beach...and although I would argue that the DLX/210 hull handles a bit better, the V215 has been a solid boat with zero regrets.

The 210 hull is surfable but not great....if any surfing beyond the occasional goofing around is in your cards, you will wanna go the V215 or larger route.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-04-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho_hillbilly View Post
Tough to find a more loyal boat owner than a guy owning a Sanger.

Tommy G....I've owned both a V237 and a V230. The V237 is an amazing surf boat. It can handle huge weight and throws a great wake. Best surf boat in the Sanger line.....bar none. It has a lot more freeboard than the V230, so it can handle the weight better.
just looking at Sanger's site, I didn't notice much difference in freeboard between the two. I run 2000 lbs when surfing in my 230 with no issue. Is there noticeable difference? does your rub rail get wet when surfing?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-04-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   

just putting the 2 side by side. I guess its all about how the boat feels weighted though..
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-05-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
Got a acme 911 for sale. If anyone is interested.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-05-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
Red, if I didn't have a backup thats close to the 911 (13"x11*) I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat. Best prop I've ever had
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-05-2016, 4:45 PM Reply   
Red, I need a 911 for my v215 but I'm broke...Lol. After all my winter upgrades, it's taken a toll on my wallet. New trailer fenders, stereo, amp, zone control, ballast upgrades....yikes. Do you take IOU's? Lol
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-07-2016, 12:37 AM Reply   
Red, what kind of shape is the 911 in? how much are you asking for it? need a prop for my 230
Old     (mnmark)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-07-2016, 8:16 AM Reply   
Someone should put some eyes on this 215... http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/boa/5567442630.html
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-07-2016, 3:25 PM Reply   
Basically brand new. $275
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-08-2016, 12:43 AM Reply   
That's a good price, my wife just shut me down on buying another boat item though. shouldn't have asked her I'll hit you up in a month or so and see if you have it .still.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2016, 8:42 AM Reply   
Sanger is truely a custom boat builder...you can get whatever tower you want...you can get all kinds of custom stuff...Sangers fit and finish is as good or better than any of the so called big three.
I own a 90 DX original interior, I installed a 383 Mercruiser stroker 350hp 429lbs torque at 3800rs...boat runs 50...used for competition barefooting ...I've got 14k in the boat...Sanger makes the best barefoot boat on the planet.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-08-2016, 10:30 PM Reply   
I also run around 2000lbs. With similar weighting, my V230 rub rail is in the water and the V237 would have a couple inches. There is a noticeable difference between the V230 and V237. I'm not saying that the V230 doesn't throw a great wake, it's just that the V237 throws a better one with less effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
just looking at Sanger's site, I didn't notice much difference in freeboard between the two. I run 2000 lbs when surfing in my 230 with no issue. Is there noticeable difference? does your rub rail get wet when surfing?