Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Some time ago, there was a thread that was talking about a different cruise control. I believe it was GPS based, but it was not PP Star Gazer or Zero Off. I cannot find that thread. Anyone remember this or know of the cruise control I'm referring to?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-10-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Ridesteady
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
It wasn't ridesteady or any of the ones that go into the major boats (MC, Malibu, Tige, etc). I remember it being around $250 or so to upgrade to (less that the upgrade to PP Star Gazer) and there were two versions. The thread was about a year ago.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-10-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Sorry man. All I can think of is PP and Hydrophase.

Good luck.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-10-2012, 12:46 PM Reply   
It might be this company. It upgrades existing perfect pass and it rocks. My paddle wheel went out and this fixed the problem. Unplug old paddle wheel input, plug in this GPS. Set up in under 10 minutes. And, it works way better than a paddle wheel. Way better.

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-10-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
I'm not sure going from paddle wheel to GPS is an upgrade

For one (obvious) thing...GPS will not allow current to be taken into consideration...so HUGE FLAW IMO.

on a side note...I DO have stargazer and LOVE it...just don't think it is a better system than a paddle wheel...just easier to install if your boat doesn't have a paddle wheel.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-10-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Not working with a current is a fair point. I don't ride where there is a current. So for me, the GPS works better -- holds a more consistent speed.
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
I have Smart Tow, which is GPS based. I love perfect pass but Smart Tow is by far the slickest and best system I have ever used. It works so well that you can teach just about anyone to drive and pull in a very short time.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Brian I googled smart tow and only come up with mercury engine based applications. Do you know if they build for MasterCraft setups?
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-13-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
BCH --- That's it!! Thanks. I have the PP Wakeboard Pro V.6 (I believe). I was looking at the NL4-PP. Which version did you go from/to?
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-14-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
For what ever reason, I cannot get my paddle wheel to work correctly with my PP. I have installed a new paddle wheel, but it is still not right. I run in rpm mode and that works fine and is really smooth. So for me to go to the GPS would definately be an upgrade. I do ride on a slow current river/lake, but with the rpm mode I'm having to adjust for current anyway. Anyone else have experience with this unit?
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Hey Gary, sorry for the delay, I was out of town. I have an '08 Epic with the 8.1 mercruiser. I don't have any idea if they use Smart Tow on other platforms or not, but I do love it. Let me know if you figure it out!
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2012, 4:18 PM Reply   
Brian thanks for the reply. It's looking like smart tow is just for the merc line.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-18-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Yes, NL4-PP. Call or email Cary at Nauticlauigic...very helpful...good luck