Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
I know there was a thread on this earlier but it seems to be dead and gone.... anyway,

I started on Monday, and all I can say is HOLY ****. This stuff is for real. I have played soccer for years and even at midfield wouldn't sweat all that much.... well 40 mins of this and honestly sweat more than any other point in my life.

Has anyone done it from start to finish? what were you results like?

Thanks
Old     (stu929)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-21-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
Know a few who have started an stopped for various reasons usually an illness and then cannot bring themselves to start again for a while.

That said while they continued the program the results were great. I had planned to start it myself and had a major health roadblock. How to try it for myself in the fall.

Good luck
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have been telling my wife that we need to get it, it looks like a beat down. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2010, 9:46 PM Reply   
It is honestly just insane.... only a few days in but its crazy...

like I said before, it usually takes a lot of me to sweat, and when I do its a few little beads on my head or something, with this stuff I am literatly dripping.... its crazy.

Its nice that it only takes like ~40min.... thats the main reason I started is because I just didn't have/want to spend the time that P90x takes.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2010, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
It is honestly just insane.... only a few days in but its crazy...

like I said before, it usually takes a lot of me to sweat, and when I do its a few little beads on my head or something, with this stuff I am literatly dripping.... its crazy.

Its nice that it only takes like ~40min.... thats the main reason I started is because I just didn't have/want to spend the time that P90x takes.
Man I read some of the testimonials, holy *****. Some people just gave up, some just fell out mid workout all kinds of crazy stuff. Did you pick it up online?
Old    alanp            07-22-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
i completed the 60 days. i had already been doing a ton of cardio but it was definitely difficult. i became pretty bored of the workouts. after the recovery week the workouts are just longer versions of the workouts done during weeks 1-3. i found that disappointing. i didnt care for the abs workouts either and i continued to do the p90x ab ripper. dont expect to gain much if any muscle. you should shed some weight tho as long as you eat properly.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did you pick it up online?
You could say that.... there are torrents of it out there, won't say anymore.

Thats lame about the workouts not getting mixed up at all.... oh well, I've been trying to eat at least okay.... My problem is I started a new job and its a desk job for the most part, with a lot of business lunches and dinners so I was taking in a lot lot lot of ****ty food and getting hardly any exercise besides soccer like 3 days a week..... I noticed after only working there like 4 weeks I was starting to gain weight, so my goal is just get back to where I was before the job.

I'm glad you said don't expect muscle gain, because I do NOT want that, just to be a bit more lean and fit - that was my end game..... I honestly cannot believe how sore just cardio has made me.

As far as the ab workouts, do you just do Ab Ripper every other day like P90 or just on the ab days in Insanity?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
^ and the biggest thing about changing my diet is I have given up soda.... so there goes 2000 calories of pure **** a day
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-23-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Haven't done insanity, but I did get about half way through P90X. I just had to chime in on the soda. Holy crap does that make a difference if you get rid of it. I drink maybe one 12 oz a day now, but try not to do that. Just cutting that out was a game changer for me.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-23-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
^ and the biggest thing about changing my diet is I have given up soda.... so there goes 2000 calories of pure **** a day

holy **** bro - you drank 8 sodas a day? got damn!

are you in minneapolis now?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Yeah, I would usually go through a 2-liter at the office -- and usual a can to work and one from, than another before bed

So more like 1400 cal - not quite 2000.... a lot anyway.

Not in the cities.... I'm back at my mom's house for the summer - my job is fairly close, then have to go back to school for another year even though its only 12 credits ( **** just didn't schedule well at all).... then hopefully back to this same job next spring (I've gotten a verbal promise they would hold me job, for what thats worth).... then hopefully buy my moms house off her.... she is looking to move.

If things go right Rome, WI will stay my home.