Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2016, 5:47 PM Reply   
Heyyo Wakeworld gang, I know in the past I've had great support getting some donations from the companies that frequent the site so I figured I would try again....

My wife has always been involved in Non-profits and her new role is "Development Director" for five central Wisconsin local Boys and Girls Club locations. They have a fundraising event coming up at the end of April, part of the event will be a silent auction and/or raffle prizes. I am planning on putting together a few "Watersports" baskets myself, but if any other manufacturer here on the site would like to donate anything to this, we would really appreciate it! What planned on putting together were packages that had a wakeboard/ski boot setup, rope + handle + life vest(s) + gas card. I know in her past fund raisers the watersports gear usually were the highest fetching item(s). They are a 501.c3 so any donation that is made, I can get the donor a charity donation tax slip.

In addition to the fund raiser, my wife and I will have kids from the club out twice a month during the summer to learn to ski / wakeboard / etc etc. If kids enjoy it and want to stick with it, a local show ski team is waiving the "membership dues" for these kids so they can keep progressing.

.... a little about the Boys and Girls Club, specific to our area. Most of the kids that attend come from less fortunate house-holds; 67% of the kids are on free or reduced lunches when at school. The club takes kids in five days a week before and after school; and all day during the summers. Kids are served two meals during the school year, three during the summer. The Club just asks for $10/kid for the whole year.... which is much cheaper than daycare / a baby sitter for most of these families. If a family cannot afford that, the cost can be waived. Obviously the $10 doesn't come close to covering the costs, hence the need for my wife's position and events like this.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this!

Any donations people would like to keep off of this thread can email me or my wife directly at:
tomsyckn@gmail.com (me)
or
ktomsyck@bgcwra.org (my wife - Katie)

Probably a long shot but, If you're in the Central Wisconsin area and would like to attend the event, the link below has info about tickets / date / time.... and if the ice is out by then I'll owe you a pull before or after the event!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1669777996615060/

Thanks again!

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 03-01-2016 at 5:50 PM.