Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 5:45 AM Reply   
Saw this on another forum. This has got to suck.
Attached Images

Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
Wouldn't happen to an MB.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Ooooh that would suck.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-23-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
one of my biggest fears actually... thats why I got boat buddies put on my trailer!!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-23-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
How in the world did that happen right there? Road looks relatively flat, you'd think weight alone would keep her on the trailer.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-23-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
They might have used an universal trailer with rollers?!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
What I want to know is where are they? No truck or trailer in sight. Did they not realize it happened. Get home and the wife says "Hun, what happened to the boat?" "it's gone!"
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       05-23-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^ AGREED, not like you dont notice a boat no longer on the trailer????
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
"Babe, I love this new truck! I cant even feel the boat back there. Did you feel how easy it was to get going at that last light!"
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-23-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
I don't see this happening on a trailer with bunks. If it pulled it up the ramp there is know way it would have slid off on flat ground even if the driver slammed the skinny pedal from a dead stop. Looks like the truck/trailer would be in front of the boat. You would hear that carnage for sure. Trailer with rollers with a winch failure could be the culprit but my guess is photo shop.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
I say "whoever gets there first with a way to get her on a trailer gets to keep her!"
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-23-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
If you look close there is some pavement dusting near rudder so this may overrule photoshop. Never less a terrible day for someone. Could have been on a hired hauler. I have seen boats loaded in crazy positions on the highway.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
whatever truck was pulling that thing had some SERIOUS torque!!!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
or maybe its chuck norris' boat, he's in it, just making a left hand turn at the light ... i mean come on
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Randall Harris is mid sesh. Just cut out too hard.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-23-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Maybe they used that slippery bunk stuff that people spray on there. I've seen pictures of boats dropped off the trailer right on the boat ramp from that stuff.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
She's leaning into the turn...
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-23-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
Maybe they used that slippery bunk stuff that people spray on there. I've seen pictures of boats dropped off the trailer right on the boat ramp from that stuff.
I was backing my buddies boat in the water (i didn't know he sprayed the bunks) and I noticed it sliding off the trailer. I thought to myself holy SH^%. I backed up faster and the boat dropped off the trailer as we entered the water.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-23-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Why you would ever need slippery bunk spray is beyond belief. Also, if you buy a roller trailer for a watersports specific boat you are an idiot.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-23-2012, 5:01 PM Reply   
Only other thing I can think of is it wasn't hooked and maybe there was a huge bump in the road and it just bounced back and off the back.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-23-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Someone in a G23 was servin D ups close by
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-23-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
Thanks migs, now I have to waste the battery on my phone till I get a new keyboard cause I just puked all over it.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-23-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hahahahahbahhahaha - couldn't resist
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-23-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrent View Post
I don't see this happening on a trailer with bunks. If it pulled it up the ramp there is know way it would have slid off on flat ground even if the driver slammed the skinny pedal from a dead stop. Looks like the truck/trailer would be in front of the boat. You would hear that carnage for sure. Trailer with rollers with a winch failure could be the culprit but my guess is photo shop.
Agreed. Where is the windshield??? PHOTO SHOP
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-23-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
If it's PS then they did a good job. If the lighting was right, the windshield would not show. Also, there is a reflection on the hood.

My theory(s)/observations are:
1. Drinking involved and/or newbie tower. Floored it off the light and didn't realize the boat was gone. If he did, he realized he was drunk and needed to get off the road.
2. It was going to be repo'd next week. Let them get it from here; without the trailer.
3. The car on the right actually looked like they had to drive around it and were stopped at the light.
4. And as someone said, there is an asphalt scar and dust from it under the rudder.

Last edited by wakeboardingdad; 05-23-2012 at 7:13 PM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-23-2012, 7:22 PM Reply   
There was a post over on the nautique forum about someone who ran into this guys at the ramp. I'll go dig up the post

... He pulled the boat out without tieing it down. The ramp he loaded out in is fairly flat, because they use this same ramp to put in house boats and massive cruisers on Toona.
After leaving, the same bump and what not, slide the boat back on the trailer. Sure, he could have made it 10 miles down the road before this happened. So maybe at this red light, she was way back on the trailer and when he took off, she slide off.

I say this because he left his top on the platform along with all their towels while he was putting the boat in. I stopped him and told him about it... There were two girls and another guy in the boat. Maybe he just wasn't paying enough attention... or the beer kicked in.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-23-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
I would totally do that if it was getting repo'd