Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Pau - yeah, he is at least pretty good game in and game out
Lamar - if he wants to play, I feel he maybe just looking for a longer off-season at this point
Artest - he is a 50/50 shot... a few mistakes and he falls apart, he plays well right off the bat he is golden
Bynum - a beast
Kobe - look rough, really hasn't had the "wow" factor he usually does... without that the Lakers better be worried.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-26-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
I think the Lakers will pull together. Just look at the LA-Houston series last year. The whole team was on a stats rollercoaster through all 7 games. I do agree with you, Nick, about Odom. He plays like he just wants the season to be over. He got his ring, now he's ready to sit back and relax for the rest of his career.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
The lakers strength is their bigs, but the thunder with young legs and long arms swarm them, no need to guard shooters who cant hit. I think the lakers need to hit some jumpers or there is no reason for the thunder to move out of the paint. Forcing lakers to take bad shots jump starts the thunder offense and the lakers just cant get back on transition D. Thunder coaching has been doing a great job of exposing laker weakness. I think its about time the lakers get their act together and a couple guys will have good games tonight....or this series is over. Artest, Brown, Farmar, Odom, Kobe, Fish can they all really continue to play this bad?
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-27-2010, 11:24 PM Reply   
Anyone see the Cavs-Bulls game? Not sure how Miller and Noah are supposed to guard Shaq when the refs are calling fouls for simply leaning up against him as he backs into the post. That's just fundamental defense, they weren't reaching in or holding him. Two fouls on Miller in less than 10 seconds and another on Noah the very next play for something so common seems a little fishy to me.

Lakers finally realized how to use their big men, and stopped taking desperation 3s. If they keep doing that (big IF), they'll be unstoppable, however they have lately seemed to gravitate away from tried and true offense. Whatever, a 24 point win makes me happy any day.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2010, 11:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Park_Mark View Post
Anyone see the Cavs-Bulls game? Not sure how Miller and Noah are supposed to guard Shaq when the refs are calling fouls for simply leaning up against him as he backs into the post. That's just fundamental defense, they weren't reaching in or holding him. Two fouls on Miller in less than 10 seconds and another on Noah the very next play for something so common seems a little fishy to me.
i didn't see the miller fouls, but saw the foul called on noah. and yes, it was a good call. rule states you can have a forearm on a player. noah had his forearm AND hand on shaq. and yes, shaq got those calls when he was w/ the lakers, too.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-28-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
i didn't see the miller fouls, but saw the foul called on noah. and yes, it was a good call. rule states you can have a forearm on a player. noah had his forearm AND hand on shaq. and yes, shaq got those calls when he was w/ the lakers, too.
I dont care what the rule states, thats a weak call..

As for last nights games, two thoughts:

Ron Artest should be embarrassed for throwing down the most pathetic dunk in NBA history. His out of shape self could barley get the ball over the rim. The fact that they showed that dunk as a highlight is comical... Ron, some advice, lay ups my man, leave dunking up to athletes like myself.

I refuse to believe that Lebron shooting left handed was anything but getting people to talking. Sure his elbow might be banged up, but he looked pretty solid on the first shot. He went Jordan, only difference, jordan made his shot.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Ron Artest should be embarrassed for throwing down the most pathetic dunk in NBA history. His out of shape self could barley get the ball over the rim. The fact that they showed that dunk as a highlight is comical... Ron, some advice, lay ups my man, leave dunking up to athletes like myself.
ron artest to eric:

"can you remind me which nba team you play for?"
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
That was fantastic.

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Geez, Labron didnt go Jordan. Lebron went Paul Pierce last night
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
I dont care what the rule states, thats a weak call..
You are a retarded person
Quote:
Ron, some advice, lay ups my man, leave dunking up to athletes like myself.
yup, totally retarded.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Darrel- That's the funniest (and truest) thing I've read all week! Very nice!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
ron artest to eric:

"can you remind me which nba team you play for?"

This is pretty funny too!

Nice to see the lakers play last night. What are the odds they sew this series up in OKC?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-28-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Thats a pathetic call at best. That call is the exact reason the NBA has gone soft.

As for me playing in the NBA. Sorry, didnt make it that far... on to bigger and better things in my life. With that being said that dunk Artest threw down I did as a freshman in high school at 5'11. Get some ups. please, your embarrassing yourself.

Nick - really? Med school says otherwise. Get in and ill believe a single word you say, till then you will remain a clown.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Med School, The NBA, LGBT --- you've done it all!

Med school is soooooo 2000. I'll stick to math
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Med School and you still don't know the difference between your and you're? Wow!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
GO JAZZ!

Please....please.....please......let's see a Denver meltdown.....
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm with EJ, GO JAZZ
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Jazz will take them at home.
Anyone think the Celtics can knock off Lebron and the Cavs? kinda excited to see that one.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
think the Celtics can knock off Lebron and the Cavs
If Lebron's elbow is actually hurt, maybe..... if Lebron is healthy I think the Cavs will do just fine
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Med School and you still don't know the difference between your and you're? Wow!
But he can dunk, remember?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
GO NUGGETS!!!!

Please Please Please........ Let's see a Jazz MELTDOWN!!!!

Nugs looked good last night. They won't go down without a fight. Not easy playing in the playoffs without your coach.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
Not easy playing in the playoffs without your coach.....
I agree, not having Karl there is a big deal. Dantley looks lost....

But I think it should be easier to play without your HC, as opposed to playing without 2 of your best 4 players....

How lost Dantley looks....maybe it is a wash....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
No NENE too!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
Yes, Nene going down last night didn't do them any favors....

Did they report the findings of todays MRI.... I haven't see a report.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-29-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Yes, Nene going down last night didn't do them any favors....

Did they report the findings of todays MRI.... I haven't see a report.
Sprained knee, not a torn ACL or anything major... expected not to play friday, possibly could play sunday.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
no need for a Sunday game. right EJ?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
and down go the mavs!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
no need for a Sunday game. right EJ?
Nope....no need for a game Sunday, Denver vs Utah series is over tonight....regardless of the winner....
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
I can't believe the Mavs, with all of their talent, went down in the first round to the 7th seed. Wow.
Old     (ointment)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-30-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Seems like all the Dallas Pro teams suffer the same fate.... good during regular season and then flop in the playoffs.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
I cannot imagine Mark Cuban's frustration.....

GO JAZZ!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
GO JAZZ, indeed!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Spurs are a really good 7 seed...but damn the Mavs w/ all that talant just dont step it up in the playoffs. Can only imagine Cubans hangover today.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 10:21 PM Reply   
PAAAAAUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! Great D by Artest!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2010, 2:08 AM Reply   
game 6 was definitely the best game of the series. it was close from beginning to end! thank goodness pau kept playing on the game winning shot!

i also want to point out that everyone on the arena showed great sportsmanship at the end of the game; from the players and coaches congratulating eachother, as well the okc fans for immediately giving their team a big hand for a hell of a season. okc definitely has a bright future...imagine if they get a good big man this off-season. they'll be scary next year!

no offense kraig, but i'm glad to see the nuggets go down!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Pleased to see the Jazz win that series.... Playing with house money now.

GO JAZZ
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Ok, thats enough of the go Jazz. Lets go Lakers.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-01-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
game 6 was definitely the best game of the series. it was close from beginning to end! thank goodness pau kept playing on the game winning shot!
Why wouldnt he? To expect volume shooter to make a big shot is just plain dumb.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
But to expect a guy who has made 6 game winners this season to make a big shot is not.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-01-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
But to expect a guy who has made 6 game winners this season to make a big shot is not.
Is 6 game winners supposed to impress me? I dont find that number all that impressive...

WVU's Butler had 6 game winners in a college season...

Last edited by mjfan23; 05-01-2010 at 3:16 PM.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
I'm not saying it's going to impress you. I'm saying that to expect a guy who's made game winners more than any other player this season to miss is stupid. Yes, he did end up missing, but if he and every other player in the were put in that same situation 100 times, Kobe would come out on top.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-02-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not saying it's going to impress you. I'm saying that to expect a guy who's made game winners more than any other player this season to miss is stupid. Yes, he did end up missing, but if he and every other player in the were put in that same situation 100 times, Kobe would come out on top.
wrong.. Do some research. Statistics prove that Volume shooter is not the most clutch in the NBA.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
John Stockton had a 9 clutch in NBA jam

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 05-02-2010 at 1:58 PM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Good effort, just couldn't close out. Even with VERY good D on Kobe, he just hit tough shots to give the Lakers the win.

A few solid block out resulting in a rebound would have made it a different finish....

I'd pay for it if Pau would go in for a shave.....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'd pay for it if Pau would go in for a shave.....
would you like him more if he shaved?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
would you like him more if he shaved?
I think I would....

But even without the eurotrash look, I don't think he would be my favorite Laker.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
i hear he has a girlfriend so you might have some competition.

i didn't see the whole game. i had to rush my dog to emergency. thankfully, he's ok...and the lakers won.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the dog.... Happy to hear he's doing well....

Currently on a puppy search....

GO JAZZ.....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
It should not have even been so close, laker reserves let Utah back into the game. "Volume shooter" had to take over and win another playoff game. Nice to see the Mamba.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
It should not have even been so close, laker reserves let Utah back into the game. "Volume shooter" had to take over and win another playoff game. Nice to see the Mamba.
I not sure you can say that, as the Jazz reserves were who got them back in the game. Utah only had one starter on the floor when they made their comeback...

In theory the Lakers have the MUCH, MUCH stronger bench, being that 2 Jaz bench players are now starters with Klinko and Memo out....

Kobe is just a monster..... Like I said above, even with solid D....he was just a notch above. Pau also deserves credit....as does Odom, who gets a lot of grief on this forum, but seems to be a Jazz killer. Just the length the Lakers have really hurts our bigs, who are left wanting in the length department.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,238277

HA. Volume shooter is a complete clown.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
It appears that someone has what has become an obsession with Volume Shooter....

Not sure if this someone is trolling or truly just obsessed with trying to tear down who is one of the best players ever to come through the NBA.....
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
It's easy to try to shoot at the guy at the top of the ladder when you're at the bottom.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
Wanted to hear and over under on how many times Deron Williams goes down, looking like he is going to have to be carried off on a stretcher, only to come back a minute later….

He has to be the most dramatic guy when it comes to injury of any star player in the NBA. He is my man and makes the Jazz go round, but his soccer player like rolling around after getting knocked around is tiresome in my eyes.

GO JAZZ!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
Eric is on the ladder? News to me..

EJ - I will gladly take Williams off your hands. Not a problem.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
It appears that someone has what has become an obsession with Volume Shooter....

Not sure if this someone is trolling or truly just obsessed with trying to tear down who is one of the best players ever to come through the NBA.....
It was on the main page of Yahoo news. What was volume shooter thinking?

"one of the best players ever to come through the NBA" You drunk? He does not break the top 10.

Let me enlighten you:
Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Oscar Robinson, Bill Russel, Isiah Thomas, Jerry West, Pete Maravich, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille Oneal... Im sure im missing a few, but no where in that list is Volume Shooter, and he wont be making it into that list. The only person with a chance in the NBA currently is LBJ.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
The Jazz are VERY lucky to have Williams.... Even with his histrionics, I think we'll keep him....
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
Good run for the Bucks. I was pulling for them in game 7, but I knew the chances were pretty slim. It's definitely nice to see them doing a little better than they have been the last few years. When was the last time they won more than 1 post-season game? I think it was in '01 when they went to the East finals.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was on the main page of Yahoo news. What was volume shooter thinking?

"one of the best players ever to come through the NBA" You drunk? He does not break the top 10.

Let me enlighten you:
Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Oscar Robinson, Bill Russel, Isiah Thomas, Jerry West, Pete Maravich, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille Oneal... Im sure im missing a few, but no where in that list is Volume Shooter, and he wont be making it into that list. The only person with a chance in the NBA currently is LBJ.
Again, your ignorance shines through.....

It is amusing....but at the end of the day, a bit dissatisfying....like winning an argument with a slow kid....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Your Volume Shooter shoots better than 25% of your list.

Kobe’s career .455, 25-4-4, 4 Championships, MVP, 7 time NBA first team, 7 time NBA first all defensive team & his gold medal…..yea, that wouldn’t match up with any of those guys.

In the end, I’ll trade the slight dip in shooting percentage(.040 less than the likes of Michael & Larry) for the above average defensive presence....when comparing stats with all time greats.
(The comparison to Michael and Larry’s shooting is just that, I am not comparing their defensive skills, just putting his shooting percentage in perspective.)

You may want to add Karl Malone and a guy named some Earvin guy to your list….
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Too late to edit.... So....

"You may want to add Karl Malone and some guy named Earvin to your list."

Think I was between "A guy named Earvin" and "Some Earvin guy"
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your Volume Shooter shoots better than 25% of your list.

Kobe’s career .455, 25-4-4, 4 Championships, MVP, 7 time NBA first team, 7 time NBA first all defensive team & his gold medal…..yea, that wouldn’t match up with any of those guys.

In the end, I’ll trade the slight dip in shooting percentage(.040 less than the likes of Michael & Larry) for the above average defensive presence....when comparing stats with all time greats.
(The comparison to Michael and Larry’s shooting is just that, I am not comparing their defensive skills, just putting his shooting percentage in perspective.)

Kobe was a role player in 3 of those rings... As I have stated, Ron Harper has 6 rings should he be in that list?.... How many NBA finals MVPs he have? 7 time NBA first all defense, cmon... thats an award handed out to players, defense went away with the hand check rule change. Volume Shooter plays in a soft NBA.

Give me 30 shots a night, ill drop 30 as well.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Role player?
MJ was a role player on the wizards that couldnt make the playoffs when the Volume Shooter dropped 55 on him....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Kobe was a role player in 3 of those rings... As I have stated, Ron Harper has 6 rings should he be in that list?.... How many NBA finals MVPs he have? 7 time NBA first all defense, cmon... thats an award handed out to players, defense went away with the hand check rule change. Volume Shooter plays in a soft NBA.

Give me 30 shots a night, ill drop 30 as well.
Just give away those NBA defensive team awards huh....

Finals MVP's....1. That is one less than Larry Legend, the same as Mr. West, Wilt, Hakeem and Zeke, more than Oscar or Pistol Pete.... Next....

Again, your responses have no substance..... So I have to assume either you are trolling or just don't know the game....maybe a bit of both. (here is the point where you AGAIN tell of your Uncle Rico like history)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
MJ was a role player on the wizards that couldnt make the playoffs when the Volume Shooter dropped 55 on him....
Zing
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Role player?
Of course Jordan was a role player on the wizards he was near 90 years old... you drunk?

55 points is cute, but Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf dropped 50 before, so did Tony Delk...

Kobe was a role player when LA got rings.. Jordan got Chicago rings.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
Forgot to add same number of finals MVP's as Dr. J as well.....

You would think you would at least look that stuff up before posting statements that don't back up your argument.... You have a computer right there....be wikismart......
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just give away those NBA defensive team awards huh....

Finals MVP's....1. That is one less than Larry Legend, the same as Mr. West, Wilt, Hakeem and Zeke, more than Oscar or Pistol Pete.... Next....

Again, your responses have no substance..... So I have to assume either you are trolling or just don't know the game....maybe a bit of both. (here is the point where you AGAIN tell of your Uncle Rico like history)
How many times where these players in the finals?
In the 6 times that Chicago was in the finals, jordan took home that award 6 times...
The 2 rings hakeem has he took home the award.
In the 3 times the lakers (with shaq), shaq took home that award.. Role player on that championship team.

As for not knowing the game... ha please. I unlike most on this forum am an athlete who has played at a higher level than most.
This means : My knowledge of the game > your knowledge of the game.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
i don't know why you guys argue w/ him...he IS in med school, after all!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
My knowledge of the game > your knowledge of the game.
Your statements on the forum prove different.....

Quote:
As for not knowing the game... ha please. I unlike most on this forum am an athlete who has played at a higher level than most.
Though I ALWAYS LOVE your Uncle Rico comments......
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
Dumbest argument ever. Chick Hearn and Marv Albert never played at your level, either. Obviously they didn't know jack about the game.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
once and for all, kobe was never a role player in his championship years w/ shaq. let me break it down for you.

kobe wouldn't have won those 3 straight championships w/o shaq, that goes w/o saying. but shaq wouldn't have won either w/o kobe. why? 'cause kobe was a key player. just like pippen was a key player in the bulls' run; just like shaq was a key player with the heat when they won; just like ray allen was a key player in the celtics' championship a couple years ago; just like tony parker was key in the spurs' rings; they are not role players. they're main components in their teams.

now, rick fox and robert horry, they're role players. will purdue and john paxson, they too are role players. do i really need to go on?

if you can't see the difference, then you're as dumb as we all think you are. it won't matter how many times you say you've reached a higher a level in sports, or how many times you scream you're in med school, you'll still be the token dumbass in this thread.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
Gee I bet the Drama Kings elbow was really bothering him tonight... I feel bad for Lebron, its sad to see such a great player fade under pressure over and over.. I was really thinking this would be his year but after tonights game and this whole "elbow" deal I just think he really thinks he cant do it.. Will be interesting to see how he responds next game..Was great to finally get to watch some playoff intensity ball thoughh.. I'm hoping the Suns/ Spurs get just as intense...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
once and for all, kobe was never a role player in his championship years w/ shaq. let me break it down for you.

kobe wouldn't have won those 3 straight championships w/o shaq, that goes w/o saying. but shaq wouldn't have won either w/o kobe. why? 'cause kobe was a key player. just like pippen was a key player in the bulls' run; just like shaq was a key player with the heat when they won; just like ray allen was a key player in the celtics' championship a couple years ago; just like tony parker was key in the spurs' rings; they are not role players. they're main components in their teams.

now, rick fox and robert horry, they're role players. will purdue and john paxson, they too are role players. do i really need to go on?

if you can't see the difference, then you're as dumb as we all think you are. it won't matter how many times you say you've reached a higher a level in sports, or how many times you scream you're in med school, you'll still be the token dumbass in this thread.
Lakers during there title runs: You take shaq out for injuries there record an average 12-11. Take Kobe out there record 25-7. LA had a better record without Kobe. Take Jordan out of the mix and the bulls still posted a solid record. Pippen was a main component, Kobe was a role player who was a product of the offense.

The offense was run through Shaq, success followed when Kobe complied. Kobe hid underneath a rock and shot under 40 percent in numerous finals, while Shaq carried the team to rings. Shaq could be the single most dominate big man the game has seen, but thats okay LA would rather throw him under the bus to some whining clown. Respect Shaq he made the recent LA era, kobe has STRUGGLED to keep it alive.

Big shot bob a role player? Ha, more like a winner.

Richard - Lerbon is Nikes puppet. Lebron cares more about endorsements and money than the game. Nike is desperately trying to forge him into the next MJ, which he either is to dumb to see or to dumb to become his own. Its becoming weak and annoying.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lebron cares more about endorsements and money than the game.
Really?
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its becoming weak and annoying
Hey, just like your arguments!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hey, I have an idea..

Since it appears every single person that's posted on this thread thinks Eric is ridiculous and full of crap.. how about we all just ignore him and eventually he'll get bored and disappear?

Starting.. now!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
liz, probably because this is as good as the nba topic has been in quite a while. Feelin the playoffs and everyone is up for 40 games in 40 nights.
That MJ guy doesnt seem like much of a team player taking all those finals mvps...
Nice to see the celtics take game 2. Rondo is probably the best guy on that team right now.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-07-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Ron Artest calls out phil jackson via twitter... the clown like people who root for these morons amazes me.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-07-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
I can't believe I'm rooting for Boston. It's the only time it will ever happen.