Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
I currently have a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4" surfboard that is about 5 years old, we are looking to upgrade a board for the boat but really have no clue what to buy. I have a Malibu VLX w/surfgate, we are looking for a good all around board to just have some fun on that will be easy to stay in the wake that all levels of riders can enjoy. We are just recreational surfers, not looking for anything crazy, something well priced that will accommodate as wide variety of riders as possible and weights (150-220 lbs). Our hyperlite has done well for us but we are thinking its time to upgrade to something new, or maybe not? Is the Hyperlite considered a good all around board? I am hoping there is something better out there for us...

Thanks for any advice...
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
I was looking at this board, anyone have any feedback on this one?

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wake-surfb...2012-front.jpg
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
go look at inlandsurfer.com
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-22-2013, 4:14 PM Reply   
Sent you a private message.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2013, 7:07 PM Reply   
I'd stick with what you have based on the objectives you've listed. IMO, the higher performance boards work best when properly matched to the rider: height/weight (your range is too broad), riding style, skill level, etc.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-23-2013, 3:52 AM Reply   
The Phase 5 Colt is a good all around board. I have had people from 150 to 250lbs learn on it.It's not too loose and has plenty of drive down the line.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-08-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Inland surfer Mucas, fun for everyone and it's indestructable, add the largest fins you can.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2013, 3:20 PM Reply   
i like the sweet spot for my boat board.