Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I need to find a new Boat Cover for my 2002 Calabria Pro-V. Any idea where I can find one ?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
There are quite a few threads on companies that make boat covers but make sure that the cover is made out of sunbrella not the gray inexpensive ones if you have a lot of rain.
I had one of the grey ones and it leaks and left a ton of water in my boat. Pay a little more and get a sunbrella type fabric.
Just my opinion.
Old     (sewlong)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-17-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
I agree with packrat Sunbrella is one of the best, however it is not the only fabric for EVERY application, there are other good fabrics. Try http://www.marinecanvas.com/ to find a qualified local fabricator.

You should look for a fabric that carries a minimum of 5 year guarantee. And avoid anything with cotton in it (like the cheap gray covers)

It will certainly cost a little more to use a custom shop, but the end result should be worth the investment.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-18-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Check out Carver Covers. They recently switched a new fabric called Poly-Guard. It is much lighter than Sunbrella, repells water extremely well, breathable to let moisture out, and UV reistant. I believe they come with a 5 year warranty.

I believe they come with a my uncle just bought one for his bought and my local Nautique dealer uses them as well.
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-19-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
call cory at evolution covers, quality is great and customer service is outstanding.
Old     (y49sides)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
"Commercial Sewing" made my Mastercraft cover. Good costumer service and warranty.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
I store it indoors 99% of the time when it's not on the water. Do I need the added cost of Sunbrella?

Anybody else using the Poly-Guard Covers?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Costco sells pretty decent covers for really cheap.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-20-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
I think your best choices are Sunbrella or the cheap poly/cotton canvas covers. The reason being is that they both breath well. There are alternatives like Sharkskin, but most of the alternatives do not breath very well. This can lead to mold an mildew if you cover your boat wet or there is high humidity.

If your boat is stored indoors 99% of the time I would save your money and buy the cheaper poly/cotton. I personally use Sharkskin because my boat is stored outside 100% of the time. The Sharkskin is more durable than poly cotton and it seems to repell water better. I would love to have gotton Sunbrella, but at twice the price I will just have to make do with the breathability issues of Sharkskin. I have a couple of the moisture absorbant buckets inside the boat to help with that.

Again, if your boat is stored indoors I think you can get by with the cheaper poly/cotton covers just fine and save yourself about $500 over Sunbrella.
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen a cover thats goes over the tower and the boat all in one?
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I have had good luck with Rankin:
http://www.rankincovers.com/
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
I just checked Rankin site.
Looks like they have done a Calabria before:
http://www.rankincovers.com/gallery/pages/gallery-10.htm

If they have already done a boat like yours, it might help them give you a better price.

You might want tocheck with a couple different places.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-22-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
They spelled Centurion wrong in the Product Information section nice covers, though
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       01-23-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Boat Sinker: I've seen that several times. I'm guessing a custom shop. My buddy had one on his old Tige. Worked really well, but was a pretty big pain to put on. Had to go on a certain way and even then it was pretty tough to do. And there's a ton of material. Definitely covered well though!
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
If you have a boat cover you like now, normally the cheapest thing to do is take it to a local canvas/awning shop, and have them copy it. Also, if the cover is salvageable, the shop will normally let you know. I had a custom cover's stitching start falling apart, and my local canvas shop restitched every seem on my cover for $75.00

Ken Land
Bullet Lines / Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-27-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
You guys that keep your boats outside and covered what do you do to keep the mildew out of your boats and humidity from underneath the cover?
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-27-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
I keep my boat outside and covered. As soon as the sun comes out, just got to uncover and let it dry. I am hoping to buy a sunbrella cover soon to keep all the moisture out when it rains.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-27-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
skiboatcovers.com
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-27-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
{Tampawake} I went for the cheap and no power route. I just doubled the recommended amount. Hope it works so I can use it all year long. For those times that you cover the boat after a good day on the water and can't dry it all the way. http://www.nationalmarineproducts.com/
Upload