Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (clements44)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2008, 12:13 AM Reply   
I'm looking into getting the LF Jett but I don't know what size to get. I'm used to riding a 130 Premier but I'm looking to get something a little bigger and I don't know if the 136 would be too big or if I should just go with the 132. I'm about 5'5 and 120 lbs. I also have a size 7 foot and was wondering if the 5-7 wing closed toe boots would fit. I'm probably gonna order online so I won't really get to try them on.
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-07-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
if i were you i would go with 132, but that is me just because i dont want a big board that will not help in tricks. and for the wing closed toe boots i would go with the 7-9 because i tried them on and rode them in a demo and they fit fine and my foot size is about a 7.
Old     (nevada_champ)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-07-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
a 136 is way toooooo big. im 140 and the 137 was gigantic my body id go with a 132
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-08-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
i recently just bought the obrien skyla 135 with the medium (7-9) bindings. the bindings were way too big for me and my feet are size 7 1/2. I returned them and got the liquid force melissa bindings in small (5-7) and they fit much better. I am 5'5 110 lbs. and i love the 135!
Old     (clements44)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-10-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
So the closed toe will fit a bit smaller than the open? I guess I should probably try them on somewhere then. I still don't know what size board to get..becca you don't find a 135 too big? I ride a 130 right now and I find it way too small, I just don't get enough pop off the wake so I don't think 2cm bigger is gonna make much of a difference for me. Amber Wing is pretty small isn't she and she rides the 136?
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-10-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
ya with what i heard she is 5 feet 2 inches but if she does ride the 136 she is a pro so she really knows how to handle a board and such. so for you i would go with 132, again thats just me.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-14-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
i would have no clue about amber wing, but i went from a 128 which was way too small to a 135 (which was suggested by another female rider who was shorter and a bit bigger than me and rode a 135). I REALLy like the new board though. i still don't get enough pop off the wake, but i'm pretty sure it's my technique...i am too new of a rider to really be giving advise though :-) Also, i was told the bigger the board the more forgiveness you'll have when you land. Hope this helps.