Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                08-02-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I bought some small minx bindings about a month ago, and after going through the pain and suffering of breaking them in, they are a bit too small around the heel. Anyone have suggestions on bindings for really small feet?
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
what size shoe to you wear in mens and womens??
Old                08-07-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
I wear a womens 5 or a boys 3.5-4.
I meant to say the heel is too BIG!
With these feet, shoe shopping is not very much fun.
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
good luck! I have the same problem...my feet aren't quite as small but the minx worked good for me. Try the Hyperlight Edens...they are pretty small not as quality as the minx but I demo-ed them and they were still pretty good.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
If the Minx are too big you can also go with the LF element or micro since your just getting into the sport. Also the 07 stuff will probably coming out this winter and I heard the LF maven stuff is gonna be sick! Oh and on the plus size of finding shoes, they are always gonna be cheaper! Good luck

Jamie
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
My friend wears the small size and swears by the HL Era (green and white). She won't let anyone else use them, she is afraid they will stretch them out. She was riding the LF Ultra until she found these. I believe hers are 05 or 04s. Not positive though.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
The Eras are supposed to be more narrower so yeah, go and try those... I tried on a friend's mediums (05s) and they werent tight. Maybe because he had already broken them in... if you can try different bindings, try those... Maybe you can try several bindings that have laces on the back (not my personal favorite, but you can adjust the tightness around the heel!)
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Oh yea I ride the Ultras in a Medium and at first they were soo tight! i got them at the beginning of last year and i just now got them to where I can ride for quite a while w/ out my feet going numb. And I wear a 8 in M and a 9 in womens. So you could also try the Ultras in a small, i bet they would pretty pretty well.

Jamie
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-10-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have really small skinny feet too. Ive been riding the greean and white size small ERAs this past season and did not like them at first but then fell in love with them once I broke them in. Then they BROKE! So I recently tried and fell for the small MINX. They are nice and snugg but so short, as in they dont come up high around the leg AT ALL. Wish there was something in between the MINX and the ERA's.
Also note: while im falling for the ERA's I put my stance different. BAD IDEA! My knee is tore to crap. I see the Ortho tomarrow
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-11-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Orthos says I gots a tore ACL. Surgery in 1 month. Watch your stance when you switch your bindings. Make sure they are correct.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
melanie, thats bad =(
I hope surgery and recovery doesnt hurt that much! and hopefully you'll recover fast and be able to ride soon!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-12-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Thank you Cris. I appreciate that very much.
Old                08-17-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for all the input! I tried on several boots the other day and the freakin kids element was too big!!!Bummer cuz they were on major sale too. Kids bindings in general seem to be too flimsy for the intermediate rider...I used to ride LF Ultras, I inherited them when I first started riding. They are really old and looked like they were not going to make it through the summer, so I got on the new bindings kick. I think I may go back to those.
I have heard that your foot grows after having a child. Has anyone had that experience? We are kicking the idea around and I'd like to think my small minx bindings would fit after a pregnancy. It would just suck to sell those awesome works of art then relieze they were just right for post- pregnancy riding...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
I've heard the same thing about foot growing after pregnancy... but they just grow like half a size or something like that