Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Not really... but I could be! Check me out with my massive skills.... Photoshop skills hehehe I thought it'd be fun to make a wallpaper of me... it makes me feel as if I were some big time wakeboarder!

Upload

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with DPC Films, and I'm sorry to have used the Chick Flick logo for my own recreation without permission... but it's all for spreading the LOVE for the sport... and the film!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
LOL! I love it!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-07-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Very well done Cris. Keep up the riding and you might just be in the next Chick Flick.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-09-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
That's it Cris...! our lawyers will be contacting you shortly... lol just kidding!

Imitation is the best form of flattery, so we're stoked! Where's the pic from?

You just gave me an idea.. How about a desktop contest for The Chick Flick? Who's down?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2006, 4:53 AM Reply   
I'm so computer illiterate that I can't even resize a pic to post on WW ... but what the hell, count me in!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Kung Fu.. it's in Salinas, Ecuador one of the most popular beaches in Ecuador. I don't love riding there because there's always chop, but I do love it because you can get great pics! The water always looks great in them.
Thanks MArjee.. I have to practice more so I can be on the Chick Flick 5 or something hahaha

I'm down for the contest! What are the terms?? (And does the winner get a free Chick Flick DVD )
Old                07-10-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Our 11-year old daughter rips it up pretty nicely but hardly ever gets a chance to ride with other girls (always stuck with the guys) and is sick of the super-short chick segments in the major films. I saw an ad for this movie but haven't picked it up yet but will in a heartbeat - who's seen it? Is it worth it? Thanks!
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
WHO IS THAT GORGEOUS CHICK IN THE PICTURE!?!?!?!?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Laura the DVD is on pre-sale right now at http://www.thechickflick.com.

There are two teasers you can watch to see what it will be like. My copy is going to be one of the first out the door.

DPC and Joe are doing a great thing for female boarders.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Funny Cris..."Chick Flick 5". Let me know if you need a stunt double for your outtakes section. I'm up for it and crash more than anyone I know so I've got lots of experience.

Desktop contest sounds like fun...my entry would be my signature move (since I've had to come up w/a new one since Kylie already had the one I thought I had )...and the new signature move for Marjee is...

Credit Card Air (my boyfriend's Dad came up with the name since I was popping 3" airs almost all yesterday with the exception of one "double your credit limit" air of 6").
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Cris - I'm putting together a contest page on TCF with the guidelines and rules. The top prize will definitely be a DVD with some stickers. Maybe even do a signed copy with some of the top riders.. We'll see. The page should be up in a few days.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Well... I did end up being in the Chick Flick! I haven't seen it yet, but it's on the bonus section... David was kind enough to let us ecuadorian girls have our part in the film!

Now don't expect us to throw some impressive tricks, but we had so much fun shooting for it, it was an awesome experience!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-05-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
cris - i've seen the chick flick and your bonus section. it was great to watch!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Hi Cris! My pleasure. Your B-friend probably already told you, but I finally got a chance to mail out your DVD the other day via US Postal Service.. I would guestimate that you will see them in 5-7 days.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-05-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave!! He just told me... he's almost as excited as I am... I can't wait to see it!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
13,000,000 people and 3 wakeboard boats.......great section Cris !,Awesome Film !! (just got mine fri nite ) It was cool to see my lake on there too, Lk. Howell :-)
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Yeah, well there are no wakeboard boat dealers here, you have to bring the boats yourself so it's pretty expensive! The price of the boat, plus 40% of that in taxes and transportation... Im waiting till I win the lottery to get mine
One of my riding buddies has a SAN, so I get to ride behind it a lot.. Glad you liked the section, you can come visit us anytime!
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
We just bought the Chick Flick- love it! My nieces are so stoked to see girls riding. They thought Wakeboarding was only for boys. One of them told me that when they were playing Barbies the other day she was Meaghan Major! Gotta love it!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
x2fanatic, that's what it's all about! glad to hear you all enjoyed it!
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-18-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Joe I kept bragging about how good the Chick Flick was and was asking at the boat show in Indy, Why no one had the demo running. Since it is the best DVD I have gotten in a long time. I watch it over and over again. Some of the boat dealers have not heard about it and once I mentioned it too them they said I guess I need to talk to someone about getting a few copy’s at the shops.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-18-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
We got ours at the boat show in Seattle, but didn't see it running. Wiley's had it there. It is so important for girls to have strong positive role models, this DVD is perfect for that.
Old     (junebug)      Join Date: May 2006       02-22-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
That so cool. I love it do your thing!!!! keep on riding!
Old     (tigegirl)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Cris,
I finally got around to watching the bonus section in the Chick Flick and you are in it! I thought you were kidding when I first saw this post last year! Anyway, you did my logo for my sling business last year and just wanted to say thanks again and you rock!!
stacey
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Hey!!! hahaha at first I was kidding!! But maybe I have a little fortune teller in me that could see the future lol

Hope everythings going great with you and your business!!
Old     (wakechick4life)      Join Date: May 2007       05-21-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
question for only the girls out there. Has cramps ever interferred with your wakeboarding?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
not really... if it hurts too much I just take 2 tylenols... but most of the time I just suck it up and the minute i start wakeboarding it just goes away! or i forget about it, i dunno
Old     (wakechick4life)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Not for me. I had a wakeboard tournament on the wrong day for me, and I did pretty good on the first run but on the second run i sucked so bad that a 9 year old beat me in the end! now thats pathetic.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-22-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Similar to Cris, except I choose Aleve 30 minutes before I hit the water. Aleve (or generic version of it) not only helps with cramps, but also if you have a hard crash, it lessens the pain and muscles strains.
Old     (wakechick4life)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
thanks, that helps a lot considering that I do take a lot of hard falls usually.
Old     (wakeless)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
On August 18th the Ivanhoe Revival will give cash money to the winner of the contest. Along with $5000 worth of prizes.
These prizes range from Complete board setups from Slingshot, hyperlite, Cwb to fully encased Digital cameras, tons of shirts, binding lube, fat sacs, Rcsk8t board (800 watt 20 mph),4 pairs of Spy sunglasses, tons of free wakeboard mags, wakeboarding Dvds, Cloths, Indo boards, ropes, and many more.

South East Correct Craft will be suppling us with the tow boats.

This in the amateur contest to get in. Only $35, no other contest will be this cheap and have such great prizes.

Put you skills to the test.

Contact Ski World at 407 447 7547 www.skiworldorlando.com