Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I just ordered a pair of Ronix Rise closed toe boots, and my big toes are touching the boots when I stand up straight. Does that mean they are going to be perfect or too small?

I don't have the opportunity to demo them and then return, so I'd love some input on someone who's got a pair. Thanks!!

Liz
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-04-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
Im getting them mid June... Ill let you know then!
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-05-2007, 2:39 AM Reply   
thats how they are for me and mine are a perfect fit! over time the liners just form around your toes...or if you know a snowboard shop they can heat your liners to fit to you right away..congrats on getting the gnarliest boot on the market! hope you like them as much as i do! oh yeah go ahead and double knot the strings that are at the ends of the leather grips on the pull for the slider mechanism...the original small knots don't hold up..and you may lose your slider...like me...lesson learned
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-05-2007, 2:51 AM Reply   
sorry for the hijack....but.....
hey you are from va each? where do you ride i am from williamsburg (living in hawaii) n comin home but don't know where to go to get a pull....or ten
Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Hey Tracy, thanks for the advice on the straps! I'm taking them over to a ski shop today! Btw, do you know what the bright yellow L shaped pieces are that came with the boots? I haven't bought a pair since 1999, so I'm a bit out of the loop...

Yes, I'm from VA Beach, and I ride off of the Chesapeake Bay (salt water) in Back Bay and Linkhorn Bay. If you're coming for a visit, just send me an email and you can come out with my friends!

We don't have perfect conditions (a little choppy, boat traffic, salt water, and jellyfish), but we always have a good time! If you're looking for glassy lake water, I know some people around here go near Newport News/Chesapeake. Also, you can call Ski World and ask for some recommendations. Sorry I don't have too many leads, I'm mainly into kitesurfing and just wake when there's no wind;)

My email: hamilton83@gmail.com
Ski World: (757) 428-7551
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
The yellow L shaped pieces are for you to put in the boot if you need more heel hold. They go between the outer part of the boot and the liner.
Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Cris. BTW, why did you decide to switch from your Melissa boots? You almost had me talked into those boots a few weeks ago:-) Anyway, hope you like the Rise too. Guess I'll be trying mine out tonight!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Liz - so you have the setup now huh? Very cool. Remember we want pics of you on the setup.
Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I've got it, trying it out tonight I hope!! Thanks for the video BTW! I'll try to get some pics soon!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
np, the bonus sections on the video there is one section dedicated to Cris and her crew down south. Make sure you check it out.

Have fun tonight.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
I havent decided to change... I got 2nd place in the Ronix Art Contest so I won a whole Ronix setup of my choice, including the Rise boots!

I havent tried on the Rise yet, well I tried them on a few months ago but not in my size so I really cant tell. Im excited to try closed toe though!

I actually dont have the Melissas either, I was planning on getting the LE ones but they hadn't arrived to the store yet and I needed new bindings, so I decided on the Transits (which i love so much!)

Let us know how it goes! and as bs flower said... We want pics!!! And if you like what you see in the video come visit me! (the sites not the riding lol)
Old     (megalicious)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
These sound like the boots of the year. I can't wait to demo them! Chris-do you have any pics of your winning design?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of the design that got 2nd place. I submitted about 6 designs... and if you'd asked me which one I thought had the lowest possibility of winning I would have said this one! It just goes to show that people have very different tastes!

Upload
Old     (megalicious)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
That's so sweet! Congrats.