Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2002, 3:34 PM Reply   
I will be getting my boat this coming weekend. I plan on storing it in a parking building for the winter. I need to know if it will fit with the tower down. My 4x4 expedition is about 78 inches high, and has about a foot clearance. I want to know the clearance of the boat with the tower down. I cant find any info on the MC page or catalog. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it. thanks.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-10-2002, 6:42 PM Reply   
Just put my new one in the garage. It just fit in heigth, in my standard house garage door(7 ft?). I think it touches the weather seal on the door. If I had a higher bumper it might have need to be unhitched first.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-11-2002, 10:36 AM Reply   
ken, yours is probably 8 feet. mine is 7 feet aned i have to unhitch the trailer then lower the jack as far down as possible. it BARELY and i mean BARELY fits in mine.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-11-2002, 12:21 PM Reply   
thanks guys. i guess ill have to wait and see, i estimate a 7.5 ft clearance troughout the building at least, maybe an inch or two more. the problem is i cant unhitch because it is a third level parking space. ill post some pics next week.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-11-2002, 4:05 PM Reply   
I just measured mine parked in the garage. 7'1" to the top of the second joint on the tower. I do think you can fold it to the rear and get it lower, but you need to provide some sort of support or the legs can dig into the side vinyl.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-11-2002, 8:16 PM Reply   
that height shouldnt be a problem. thanks!