Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-01-2017, 12:22 PM Reply   
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-05-2017, 11:11 AM Reply   
is this an embedded video? It doesn't show for me?
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-05-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuurph84 View Post
is this an embedded video? It doesn't show for me?
Hmm weird. Its also on aws youtube. youtube.com/activewatersports
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-05-2017, 1:34 PM Reply   
27 ums, more storage and a new glove box...
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-06-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
^
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-06-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
Same ugly dash and pointed reverse elbow tower leg joint for the driver to crack his head open while going over rollers, chop and double ups
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Same ugly dash and pointed reverse elbow tower leg joint for the driver to crack his head open while going over rollers, chop and double ups
Kept saying it over and over that dash will be the end of them.
Like two big eyeballs sticking out at you. Hope the axis design engineers are feeling proud of themselves.
Everytime somebody says the dash is ugly you can expect 20 people to rush in and say its not lmao.

Last edited by wakeslash; 12-06-2017 at 9:49 PM.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       12-28-2017, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'll keep my ugly dash and the $10,000 I save by that thing not having the Malibu screen that I don't want/need. I'll put that towards gas money.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-28-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80AM View Post
I'll keep my ugly dash and the $10,000 I save by that thing not having the Malibu screen that I don't want/need. I'll put that towards gas money.
Buying a 80k+ boat and your worried about gas? If your worried about saving money why not go with Moomba or MB or some other brand?

Axis 2019 dash coming thru......
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-28-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
The MB is $80 ish nicely equipped and it’s the reason I cut my axis test drive short in 12’. The two boats were the same price then and the looks and comfort were night and day
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-28-2017, 7:31 PM Reply   
I will never have too much money to disregard spending it wisely. I have a 100k boat and am delighted it does well with gas—burning 9 gallons/hour vs 5 gallons/hr is $15 per hour of gas on the lake. For a 4 hour sesh, that’s $60. Enough for beer and lunch. We do that 3x minimum per week. It matters to me, at least a little.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-28-2017, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
I will never have too much money to disregard spending it wisely. I have a 100k boat and am delighted it does well with gas—burning 9 gallons/hour vs 5 gallons/hr is $15 per hour of gas on the lake. For a 4 hour sesh, that’s $60. Enough for beer and lunch. We do that 3x minimum per week. It matters to me, at least a little.
Lol if you have 100k you shoud not worry about how much gas it takes unless your one of those people who sold their car and house and sleep in the boat to be able to pay for it lmao. If your such a penny pincher why waste 100k on something that depreciates invest in stock if your worried about gas.

Last edited by wakeslash; 12-28-2017 at 7:58 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-28-2017, 9:05 PM Reply   
How do you think people get rich? By spending wisely as a general policy. By living well beneath their means.

There never will come a day that $60 isn’t meaningful to me. Never. I grew up poor, and made good for myself, and the lessons and values remain. That’s a good thing.

Why troll people about being wise with their money? That makes no sense.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-28-2017, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

Lol you just "bought" a boat for 100k the dealer and boat manufacture are still laughing there heads off at you for that. So you just tested all the boats on how much gas they take like who tf does that if you have 100k to throw away then go with the biggest engine and the most power pretty obvious.

So your one of those guys who buys a boat for the price of a house and cant afford gas for it sounds about right pretty sad. I mean while your at just take out the engine and tape a minnkota to the platform to really save you even more then 60$ HAHAHA.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-28-2017, 10:22 PM Reply   
Dude you are a moron of epic proportions. Yes, I bought a year old 2016 Supra SE for 95k. Same boat sold by the dozens for 125k a year earlier. If that’s the boat you want, that’s a good buy.

I never said I tested them for gas consumption you nitwit. I said it’s kinda nice that it’s easy on gas. It doesn’t need more power. The 440 is plenty. To you, perhaps 95k seems like a ton of money, to others perhaps it doesn’t. Either way, $60 per surf day is $60 no matter what, and you’re a fool if you don’t take easy opportunities in life to make your money go further.

You seriously should take a look at your habits. They’re toxic and pretty stupid.

But it’s obvious you take delight in trolling for some strange twisted reason.

Do you own a boat?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-28-2017, 10:40 PM Reply   

Lol dude calm down your shaking in rage over there.

Last edited by wakeslash; 12-28-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-29-2017, 4:53 AM Reply   
No rage. Just amazement at how rude you are. I am not sure what pleasure you derive from it, but it’s not healthy fella.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-29-2017, 9:46 AM Reply   
Dakota, "Alex" is a small female teenager. She doesn't even have a truck, much less a boat to tow behind it. Knows nothing about everything, thinks taxes and gas bills are irrelevant (because she doesn't pay either) and thinks she can come on here spouting a bunch of **** and everything will be ok. She's pissed she didn't get any DI@k last night at Fat Cats in Modesto, got drunk and came on here to vent about it. She's confused and is looking for advice on life.

Pic of Alex
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 12:35 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=denverd1;1972673]Dakota, "Alex" is a small female teenager. She doesn't even have a truck, much less a boat to tow behind it. Knows nothing about everything, thinks taxes and gas bills are irrelevant (because she doesn't pay either) and thinks she can come on here spouting a bunch of **** and everything will be ok. She's pissed she didn't get any DI@k last night at Fat Cats in Modesto, got drunk and came on here to vent about it. She's confused and is looking for advice on life.

advice on life uhhh says the guy with a tundra and a sanger LOL cant get any worse then that.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 12:40 PM Reply   
Just thought it was strange that you bought a boat for 95k and whine about saving 60$ while taking a 20k depreciation hit good luck selling it for 95k right now im sure you'll have a line of people waiting to buy it. You'll be winning if you get 70k for it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-29-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=wakeslash;1972684]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Dakota, "Alex" is a small female teenager. She doesn't even have a truck, much less a boat to tow behind it. Knows nothing about everything, thinks taxes and gas bills are irrelevant (because she doesn't pay either) and thinks she can come on here spouting a bunch of **** and everything will be ok. She's pissed she didn't get any DI@k last night at Fat Cats in Modesto, got drunk and came on here to vent about it. She's confused and is looking for advice on life.

advice on life uhhh says the guy with a tundra and a sanger LOL cant get any worse then that.
See Lon at Fat Cats??
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-29-2017, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Just thought it was strange that you bought a boat for 95k and whine about saving 60$ while taking a 20k depreciation hit good luck selling it for 95k right now im sure you'll have a line of people waiting to buy it. You'll be winning if you get 70k for it.

Dude, stop. I didn’t whine about anything, I said it’s cool it burns less gas than my old boat.

Seriously, whatever pleasure you get
from acting like a complete a-hole here isn’t healthy. I urge you to go deep into a look at your habits. They’re really awful. I hope you’re able to find pleasure in a way that doesn’t berate other people at some point in your life. I have 4 young kids, and witnessing behavior like yours really concerns me. I wonder what went wrong along the line to result in behavior like yours. You’re someone’s kid who possibly wanted all the best for you, yet this is what you do.

What you do isn’t cool. It’s not funny. It’s not useful. It’s toxic.

And I really don’t care what my boat sells for. I didn’t buy it to sell it. It’s paid for, I will use it until I want something else or not, then I will simply buy another. It’s value isn’t monetary; it’s value is in the experience it gives my family and me.

But seriously, take your hostile game elsewhere. And get some happiness flowing through your veins.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       12-29-2017, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well, the Sanger is a well respected boat on here and the Tundra was rated to tow 10,500 lbs prior to the towing re-write and has a 3/4 ton axle/brakes so not a bad truck to boot. Mine has 155k+ miles on it, tows a 9k lb trailer through the rockies, and hasn't so much as had a button break (knock on wood) yet....

I'll bite...what tow rig do you own and what boat do you own (Mommy and Daddy's don't count)...

Take a lesson from what a handful of guys on here have already pointed out. Dakota paid cash for a 6 figure toy. Instead of immaturely trying to knock the guy down I would be getting out a notebook and pencil and begging for life lessons because being able to lay down that kind of money takes time, discipline, planning, and maturity with ones finances.....

Last edited by BurnMac42; 12-29-2017 at 4:22 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, stop. I didn’t whine about anything, I said it’s cool it burns less gas than my old boat.

And I really don’t care what my boat sells for. I didn’t buy it to sell it. It’s paid for,

You just said being wise with your money and i pointed out you paid 95k for a toy and you'll never get even remotely close back from when you sell it and you started to backpedal and say i dont care what it sells for haha I thought even 60$ mattered to you. There are far better things to invest in. Like you said its about family you could have gotten a bayliner for 6k same thing right its all about family why get a 95k boat then?

You went from throwing insults in every sentence like a child from your other post to acting like the Pope now, you can cut the crap out dakota. You compared 9gall/hour to 5 gal per hour on a luxury toy that you can do without. Heck you can go to the park with your family without owning a boat and have a good time, stop playing dumb here. A boat is a black hole you keep throwing money in (service,gas,maintenance etc) and get little back from it.

First you said it really mattered to you now its just "cool" stop backpedaling if you cant stick to what you said initially.

And im not trolling anyone you bought a 100k boat saying you cared that it saves you some money on gas, so by that its pretty obvious you dont spend money on gas you just float 2 feet from the boat ramp and anchor there and sit in the boat all day looking at everyone else having fun on the water with there cheap boats that dont care about gas. And you got really triggered and started to throw insults like a child thats all.

Dont worry not everyone is going to kiss your feet on here just because you bought a expensive boat and your gonna lose a lot of money on it supra's are good boats but the market for them is microscopic you should have thought of that before you bought it.Matt is trying to defend you hoping he might sneak a ride in on your "boat" but gas is to expensive you need to save that 60$ HAHAHA.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-29-2017, 5:20 PM Reply   
I have certainly received my fair share of breaks in life along with worked my fool arse off. But mostly it comes by (metaphorically) saving $60 at a time. If the opportunity presents itself. Living beneath your means. Saving a buck is saving a buck—it all matters. That’s all I was pointing out. Spending less money on fuel never feels silly. Given that the SE is a top notch performer and uses less fuel? Awesome! Buying a holdover model to stretch the purchase dollar worked great. And to the poster-Axis fan that will use their 10k savings to operate the boat: good on you. You made a smart boat buy, and you’re using house money to fuel it up. I like it! Spending 80k doesn’t mean you don’t value 10k dearly!

If somebody doesn’t like the dashboard? They can surf elsewhere then. Does it give you the information you need while driving? If so, then it’s a perfect dashboard.

I just don’t get the behavior. It’s never healthy discussion; it’s never constructive input to solve a problem, it’s never a thoughtful point meant to further the group; it’s always an off topic insult with harsh and irrational ideas. It always tries to point out what is bad about someone or their ideas. What in the world motivates that?

It’s really not something that belongs in a discussion forum. But the only one that can stop it is wakeslash. I don’t understand why he chooses this path.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-29-2017, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
Well, the Sanger is a well respected boat on here and the Tundra was rated to tow 10,500 lbs prior to the towing re-write and has a 3/4 ton axle/brakes so not a bad truck to boot. Mine has 155k+ miles on it, tows a 9k lb trailer through the rockies, and hasn't so much as had a button break (knock on wood) yet....

I'll bite...what tow rig do you own and what boat do you own (Mommy and Daddy's don't count)...

Take a lesson from what a handful of guys on here have already pointed out. Dakota paid cash for a 6 figure toy. Instead of immaturely trying to knock the guy down I would be getting out a notebook and pencil and begging for life lessons because being able to lay down that kind of money takes time, discipline, planning, and maturity with ones finances.....

I have a 2008 Sequoia. Just a solid machine. I want nothing more—I don’t see the point? Hasn’t crossed me in the slightest in 120k miles. Amazing!

Actually, confession: I have a strange desire for a power stroke diesel Excursion lately. 2005-ish 6.0 that hasn’t been abused. In the land of new vehicles, I love the idea of the more classic BEAST.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-29-2017 at 5:24 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like the toilet seat platform on the back of the Sanger that has been made into a meme on here lmaoo your right it is well respected as a joke on here. No offense but the Sanger is the Oldsmobile of the water. Some dude bought a boat for 95k and he complained about saving a couple bucks in gas when each year the deprecation amounts to thousands of dollars not to mention service,maintenance etc thats all i said. Trolling would be to throw insults for no reason like he did i simply pointed out the fact that if you buy an expensive toy and your really worried about getting gas for it then you should have not bought it pretty simple. Lets say you want a quad do you walk around whining how much gas it takes heck no you drive around on it having fun not complaining that it took 0.2 gallons more or less than the other one. Hmm maybe im wrong he might use the supra to travel to work everyday then indeed it would make sense to account gas in LOL LOL .
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-29-2017, 5:40 PM Reply   
Hey idiot. Read the posts. I whined about nothing as you say. I said it’s cool the new boat uses less gas.

Your biggest problem appears to be that you can’t retain what you read.

Here is the deal. You’re a cancerous presence on wakeworld. Go find value in your life somewhere buddy. Just try it—you might be surprised.

I will not respond again to a slash post. I would urge anyone else that’s tired of his antics to do the same.

If he brings something that is valuable, then we talk.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey idiot. Read the posts. I whined about nothing as you say. I said it’s cool the new boat uses less gas.

Your biggest problem appears to be that you can’t retain what you read.

Here is the deal. You’re a cancerous presence on wakeworld. Go find value in your life somewhere buddy. Just try it—you might be surprised.

I will not respond again to a slash post. I would urge anyone else that’s tired of his antics to do the same.

If he brings something that is valuable, then we talk.
The only idiot on here is you, nobody asked you to respond in the first place. "Antics" you just got called out on your BS and you got triggered simple as that. LOL "you urge anyone " your goons on here cant think for them selves lmaooo cant reply to any points i made because there true so you get all salty about it. What happened to your Pope act preaching about being a good person LOL always backpedaling.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-29-2017, 7:13 PM Reply   
Dont mean to interrupt but we should have a contest of who can photoshop the best dash on an Axis.
Maybe a separate photoshop contest on the tower too!
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Dont mean to interrupt but we should have a contest of who can photoshop the best dash on an Axis.
Maybe a separate photoshop contest on the tower too!
LOL yep sounds good.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       12-29-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Some dude bought a boat for 95k and he complained about saving a couple bucks in gas when each year the deprecation amounts to thousands of dollars not to mention service,maintenance etc thats all i said.\.
Says the guy who hasn't posted what he tows with, what boat he owns, etc. Against a guy who has paid cash for a toy. If you cannot see the correlation between recognizing the worth of $60 and being able to pay cash for a 6 figure toy then nobody on here can help you....
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Says the guy who hasn't posted what he tows with, what boat he owns, etc.
Does etc mean you want my social security number or how about card number gtfo here. LOL he payed with cash lmao he could say hes flying to the moon tomorrow and you would believe it what a tool.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       12-29-2017, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Does etc mean you want my social security number or how about card number gtfo here. LOL he payed with cash lmao he could say hes flying to the moon tomorrow and you would believe it what a tool.
Ok remove the etc and answer the actual question. I actually know Dakota from another forum and know he is legit. You on the other hand haven't provided anything of worth thus far. So removing the "etc" what is your tow rig and boat?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-29-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
"What is your tow rig and boat?" OMG your not about to compare dick sizes are you? I can't believe you asked that? People can post whatever the hell they want for whatever reason they want.

Just because a guy has a paid off whatever doesn't mean he is not a trust fund baby or something. Owning or not owning is not gonna prove who - if anyone - is a douche.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok remove the etc and answer the actual question. I actually know Dakota from another forum and know he is legit. You on the other hand haven't provided anything of worth thus far. So removing the "etc" what is your tow rig and boat?
Your the guy on private whats with all the questions? Why so nosy its none of your business what i have i wasnt born yesterday. This isnt a post a pic of your rig thread your on the wrong one i just called a guy out on his BS he tried playing the Pope act on me when he saw he couldn't fool me with it he bounced like a rabbit. Oh and your Boss urged you not to talk to me why do you disobey him like that? He's not gonna be happy with you, he hired you to defend him not disobey him.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-30-2017, 7:45 AM Reply   
Im glad this hi jack is happening on the thread of axis discussion and not interrupting something valuable.... I’m still trying to get my wife to ok aerator pumps!!! Can I borrow $60?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-30-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
Ryan, there is at least 2 threads were you are worried about the wife giving approval. Maybe either grow a pair or get a job, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Last edited by scottb7; 12-30-2017 at 8:15 AM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-30-2017, 8:18 AM Reply   
I’m sorry as I detailed earlier, I spent it on beer and lunch 🤣
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
The only idiot on here is you, nobody asked you to respond in the first place. "Antics" you just got called out on your BS and you got triggered simple as that. LOL "you urge anyone " your goons on here cant think for them selves lmaooo cant reply to any points i made because there true so you get all salty about it. What happened to your Pope act preaching about being a good person LOL always backpedaling.
Incorrect you fu@king moron
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-30-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
I’ll keep letting her be the boss... hence how I got the boat to start! and I do like beer and lunch too!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like the toilet seat platform on the back of the Sanger that has been made into a meme on here lmaoo your right it is well respected as a joke on here. No offense but the Sanger is the Oldsmobile of the water. Some dude bought a boat for 95k and he complained about saving a couple bucks in gas when each year the deprecation amounts to thousands of dollars not to mention service,maintenance etc thats all i said. Trolling would be to throw insults for no reason like he did i simply pointed out the fact that if you buy an expensive toy and your really worried about getting gas for it then you should have not bought it pretty simple. Lets say you want a quad do you walk around whining how much gas it takes heck no you drive around on it having fun not complaining that it took 0.2 gallons more or less than the other one. Hmm maybe im wrong he might use the supra to travel to work everyday then indeed it would make sense to account gas in LOL LOL .
It's ok dude! You can be respected around here or you can take douche route that seems so becoming of you.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2017, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
"What is your tow rig and boat?" OMG your not about to compare dick sizes are you? I can't believe you asked that? People can post whatever the hell they want for whatever reason they want.

Just because a guy has a paid off whatever doesn't mean he is not a trust fund baby or something. Owning or not owning is not gonna prove who - if anyone - is a douche.
Pretty obvious who the douche is. This isn't the first time gayslash has started talking a bunch of ***** and can't back up an ounce of it
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-30-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
I’ll keep letting her be the boss... hence how I got the boat to start! and I do like beer and lunch too!

You gotta play the game in all phases right? Make her think she is running the show. The secret to happiness!
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-30-2017, 2:59 PM Reply   
Especially while she’s pregnant!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2017, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
Especially while she’s pregnant!!!
Congrats dude!
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-30-2017, 3:45 PM Reply   
Thanks! Any day now!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-30-2017, 4:55 PM Reply   
An excellent read. As the violence crescendos it breaks to a surprising and happy news of a birth. 9/10, would read agin.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-30-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-30-2017, 6:08 PM Reply   
Lol!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2018, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
An excellent read. As the violence crescendos it breaks to a surprising and happy news of a birth. 9/10, would read agin.
nailed the quick review! like share favorite and subscribe
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2018, 10:13 PM Reply   
that escalated real quick lol ...My .02 : if someone is talking about someone elses money/how they spend it they're thinking about the wrong persons money- and usually because they wish they had it. I know someone worth north of 20+ million that would drive across town to save .03 cents a gallon on gas and complained about the mpg of his truck... If you're not worth more than 20 mil or married to them then you don't have any business questioning it, and if you are worth more you woudn't give it a thought to begin with. To each his own, everyones climb is different
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-05-2018, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
that escalated real quick lol ...My .02 : if someone is talking about someone elses money/how they spend it they're thinking about the wrong persons money- and usually because they wish they had it. I know someone worth north of 20+ million that would drive across town to save .03 cents a gallon on gas and complained about the mpg of his truck... If you're not worth more than 20 mil or married to them then you don't have any business questioning it, and if you are worth more you woudn't give it a thought to begin with. To each his own, everyones climb is different
I agree with this & know several multimillionaires that are jews with their money. People that accumulate wealth don't seem to want to part with it. One guy has 25 mil in the bank & is only leaving his kids 1 Mil each & the rest goes to all these charities. Wife damn near divorced him when he didn't want to leave anything to the kids, the mil was the compromise. I am not rich but I spend more than I make anyway so I might as well extend it to my boat & fuel consumption. Price for fun & memories.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-27-2018, 7:25 PM Reply   
Bump.

Tell me about the wake if someones got lots of experience. How does it stack up against the other big dogs? How much weight will the 409 take? How much weight will the 450 take? Does it become a total monster when you slam it? Pics would be cool too
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-29-2018, 5:28 AM Reply   
On this subject—are these GM based 6.0 Indmar engines? I could not see where this is detailed on their or indmar’s website. I too wonder how they do compared to Raptor which I have become accustomed to.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2018, 7:09 AM Reply   
WOW this is just a disgrace!. I have been here since before the site even existed in its current form. The goal of the website is to provide an open forum to discuss and help others that love boating/wakeboarding. It was NEVER about key board cowboys and putting down others. I am sure Dave could use another admin or two to rid our site of this nonsense.It is almost always due to a few people, so remove them! I realize this happens on all websites/forums these days, but think about the new comers that show up here. They go to a boat show and buy a $10-150K boat plus gear and come here to share there excited and look for help. This is ow we want them to join our community???

We talk about wakeboarding dying off, but look how people are treated here. There are few few sites/forums for wakeboarding any longer and this is a good reason why.

I am part of a few VIP forums that if you cross the line one time, you are removed. They are valuable, helpful, and supportive. I would be down for that as part of this. Each member has to be privately invited and approved by the admins.

Can't we all just get along and support our love of boating???
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-29-2018, 9:26 AM Reply   
That's why I just ignore the trolls.

Back to the A24, looks really awesome! I have yet to ride behind one though. Would really like to know how the 2018 hull compares to say a SA450 or a G23.

I really like that the 2018 has the power wedge that can be used in the hole and also come with 2:1 transmission.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-29-2018, 9:33 AM Reply   
If it surfs like the 24MXZ (which it basically is if I understand this) then it should be pretty impressive.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-29-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
I took a wakeboard set behind one that was optimized a few weeks ago. The wake is seriously impressive, but Axis wakes have always been great. I usually say that the difference between a Malibu and an Axis is in the driver seat, but damn, I was was super impressed with this Axis. It was a serious upgrade even compared to the 2017s.... 2018 really narrowed the gap between Malibu and Axis.

The one I was on had the power wedge and the 17" prop with the 409.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-29-2018, 12:28 PM Reply   
That’s great to hear. If they don’t feel cheap anymore, they’ll be a serious contenderz
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-29-2018, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
WOW this is just a disgrace!. I have been here since before the site even existed in its current form. The goal of the website is to provide an open forum to discuss and help others that love boating/wakeboarding. It was NEVER about key board cowboys and putting down others. I am sure Dave could use another admin or two to rid our site of this nonsense.It is almost always due to a few people, so remove them! I realize this happens on all websites/forums these days, but think about the new comers that show up here. They go to a boat show and buy a $10-150K boat plus gear and come here to share there excited and look for help. This is ow we want them to join our community???

We talk about wakeboarding dying off, but look how people are treated here. There are few few sites/forums for wakeboarding any longer and this is a good reason why.

I am part of a few VIP forums that if you cross the line one time, you are removed. They are valuable, helpful, and supportive. I would be down for that as part of this. Each member has to be privately invited and approved by the admins.

Completely agree!

I've always heard great things about the A24 and the new one is supposed to throw a rocking wake. From experience with my old T23, I'm definitely a fan of an Axis with the exception of the "reverse elbow tower." It can and will catch you (the driver) right in the temple from time to time... and it makes for a miserable 5 or 10 minutes!

Last edited by DCross; 01-29-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-29-2018, 1:46 PM Reply   
If the “chincy-ness” factor is better, that will draw some folks. Really the biggest knock was the fit and finish.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-29-2018, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post

I kind of agree and disagree. We don't need attitude police. We need intelligence police. And honestly, I just re-read the whole thread. I think it was o.k. People were honest about what they thought and how they felt. So what if people did not sugar coat their thoughts. Can't there be someplace that people don't have to be politically correct. If not here then where? I personally am good with it.

Last edited by scottb7; 01-29-2018 at 3:53 PM.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-29-2018, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I took a wakeboard set behind one that was optimized a few weeks ago. The wake is seriously impressive, but Axis wakes have always been great. I usually say that the difference between a Malibu and an Axis is in the driver seat, but damn, I was was super impressed with this Axis. It was a serious upgrade even compared to the 2017s.... 2018 really narrowed the gap between Malibu and Axis.

The one I was on had the power wedge and the 17" prop with the 409.
That is awesome man, I'm planning to go see some later in February. Could you elaborate on optimized was? Stock, plug and play and some lead? I know Tony Carrol throws 1k bag on the floor but thats probably just a cherry on top of an already delicious sunday.

Also how does it stack up against the G23? I have to ask, that's pretty much the standard these days
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2018, 7:31 AM Reply   
Scott - I want honestly and not sugar coating! What we don't need is attack on others and constat BS back and fourth between two or three guys. That's all. We can have an intelligent discussing with option and honesty, without bashing others. It used to be about construction criticism on a post like this.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-30-2018, 7:58 AM Reply   
It’s one guy. We all know that. But it’s been better lately!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-31-2018, 8:17 AM Reply   
Stephen,

I own a 25LSV. The A24 is a very similar wake. We had 750 PNP on both sides of the motor. About 300lbs under the dash and the wedge was set in the 2spot. The beauty of the A24 wake is that even when it was super on, it still had room to grow by adding a few bodies without sacrificing rideablity.

I am comfortable saying that I do not like the G23 wake. It does certain things very well (over the top flips, off axis spins), but its abruptness makes tricks that require tension (raleys and on-axis spins) awkward. Additionally, I can never figure out where to land. The transition is so lean that unless I kick everything past the trough, I run a high risk of casing. As far as size, the A24 is absolutely on par with the G23, but when it comes to rideablity (Transition and lip) there is no comparison.

Antidote:
I drove a tournament 2 years ago in a G23. I think Nautique makes a heck of a boat, the look, fit, finish is top notch, but I watched it devour the entire advanced division (5 invert max). These guys weren't scrubs and I watched them crash out and then crash some more. It was pitiful. The intermediate division was pulled by a much smaller Supra and the top three in that division would have easily crushed the advanced. I am a strong rider and it takes me at least two sets (and marking a few tricks off my list) to ride a G23 well.

Yes, I am a malibu guy--so take it how you like. But to be fair, I share the same complaints with the M235. The A24 is a big to huge wake that even if you have less than 10 inverts you can still ride it well.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-31-2018, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thanks Justin that was the type of review I was waiting for. I have to agree with you about the G23. Usually takes me at least two sets before I figure it out. Once I do figure it out though its a very fun wake. The pop makes me feel like I'm playing a video game or something. Non the less, I like what you say about the A24.