Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 4:26 PM Reply   
Anyone have the ASR or gotten significant ride time? All the normal hype and basically went dark with the exception of a picture popping up on social media every now and then.

Also, curious if anyone knows why Tige hasn't given them to any of their riders? Hopefully Dean Smith wasn't conned into leaving Malibu. Rathy has been without a boat for a while, so hopefully they are at least paying him. Haven't seen much of Errington in the past few years, so I can understand them cutting back on him.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2015, 4:42 PM Reply   
Dealer demand may account for the lack of demo's for pro riders. Honestly, I think you will have better luck finding the info you see over on the tige owners site, if you have not already. I think that the lack of info is due to the timing of the production version. Came out late summer early fall, not many people got much time in them before the close of the season. Come spring, I think there will be a slew of dialed in ASR pics and videos.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-12-2015, 6:08 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...highlight=Tige
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2015, 6:17 PM Reply   
The issue with the info in that link from last june/july, is that ASR was pre-AVX and I think the ballast has been upped since those early models as well.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-12-2015, 11:04 PM Reply   
I saw the ASR in person at the Portland Boat Show. Nice looking sled... definitely a lot of G-series DNA in that boat, right down to the pricing!

Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2015, 7:29 AM Reply   
Nice. But 120 thousand, I would be scared to spend that much on a boat. In a couple years boat companies might realize they have to bring the cost down and start selling the same boat for 80 and your stuck with 20 years of over inflated cost.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2015, 11:05 AM Reply   
Prices going up 5-8% a year and all of a sudden someone is going to drop their price 33%, thats not happening EVER!! Heck if there wasn't a price increase one year that would be significant. Manufacturers have proven that these boats will sell at those prices, so they are here to stay. Simple economics..a product that is selling as projected will never decrease in price.

The ASR is not worth G type money, IMO. Thats having worked for a Tige dealer and being around them a lot.
Old     (spikeTX42)      Join Date: Dec 2014       01-28-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
The following is the explanation of why I purchased an ASR instead of a G23. These are my opinions based on the values that I hold, they are not in any way indicative of how all of you value things.

1) Three years of bow to stern warranty and 3 years of free service. Everything is covered expect for winterization (and we don't winterize much here). We put about 250 - 300 hours a year on a boat and the maintenance costs add up.
2) I'm not sure of the term, but there is more distance between the floor and the seat cushion (less knee in the chest).
3) I can hang my legs off the driver's seat and not touch the floor.
4) More storage in the rear compartments.
5) Surf pockets in the bimini are standard.
6) Wetsounds over Polk
7) Indmar over PCM
8) Alpha Z tower. I can walk under it an not hit my head (I'm 5'11)
9) The wakeboard wake is infinitely adjustable. It can be tame for my 5 year old at 17 mph (clean face too). moderate for my 8 year old (21 mph, half full ballast) and brutal for my old ass.
10) Board storage compartment on the transom. We usually have 6 - 8 wakeboards on the boat and it is nice to store the boys' boards in there.

To be fair, there are some things that I did not like:
1) The paddle wheel speed sensor. I have upgraded this to the Nauti-logic GPS and we are good to go.
2) The boat would porpoise at wakeboard speeds with the ballast full and the TAPS above 3. We added ~200# of lead to the nose and it fixed this issue.

The wakeboard wake is killer, we don't surf so I could care less about the surf wake. My final negotiated price was about 15K less than the G.