Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-21-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Looks that way:

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/4471486099.html
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
fully loaded for 59,000?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-21-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Thats one ugly tower!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2014, 4:48 PM Reply   
Third picture in was a local guy up here in BC trying to sell them a few years back. Don't think he ever sold one and now he has an 08 24 Tomcat.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2014, 5:00 PM Reply   
There is one in our marina. Not my taste.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-21-2014, 6:47 PM Reply   
Looks almost like a jet boat on the water. Does look better on the water than in the trailer.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-21-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Sacramento, Ca has the near same posting!
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-21-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
Third picture in was a local guy up here in BC trying to sell them a few years back. Don't think he ever sold one and now he has an 08 24 Tomcat.
Didn't realize the 24 had been around that long.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2014, 11:40 PM Reply   
Still in Atwater just building them to order. My Cousin lives just a few miles from the factory/ warehouse.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-22-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Same posting in CO... a few changes to the tower and top decking and it would look real nice.
Old    rullery            05-22-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
fug
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-22-2014, 10:19 AM Reply   
"Didn't realize the 24 had been around that long"

F23 whatever
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
People are probably buying them now because no one can afford the new boats
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-22-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
People are probably buying them now because no one can afford the new boats
You can get a new Axis for around that and have a much nicer boat than this weird thing.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-22-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
You ever been in this "weird" thing? I have, and would take it over a "weird" looking Axis any day! A very well built, plush boat that doesn't skimp on anything!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2014, 9:10 PM Reply   
Dan? That you?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-22-2014, 9:16 PM Reply   
seems to me its a very solid made boat ... just hasnt been marketed properly to take off... i like the looks of it... but if i[m the only one i have 0 resale if they cant market and build their brand.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-22-2014, 10:21 PM Reply   
I was looking at their site and found out this info on them.

"David Telling founded Australian Flightcraft in 1969. This world approved and highly coveted range of boats was subsequently sold to Malibu Boats in 1989"

It looks like it comes with quick fill ballast to fill 1650lbs of ballast in one minute. It is split between 3 tanks, probably center, port, and starboard.

It does have pretty big lockers, so plenty of room for additional sacks.

I don't like that it has 4 6x9s built into the tower. It doesn't look like their easily replacable to put in some HCLDs either.
The tower and Bimini just look weird and it looks like the 6x9s will get in the way of the rope on the tower.
It also only has 2 board racks, which obviously don't use tower clamps. Mounting other racks on it might be a little tricky
There is a pic in their gallery as well that has a standard tower on it, not that ridiculous one, it has some standard speakers on it and is a tube design. Hopefully this is a widely available option. The proprietary stuff drives me crazy.

It does have a heated driver and observer seat, that's kinda nice.
Recessed cleats, fuel cap, and lights is nice so everythign is flush and clean when not in use.

It does come with closed loop cooling and is setup for salt standard.

It comes with perfect pass, shower, and heater standard.

It looks like you have really easy access for DIY maintenance with the entire enginge compartment frame and lockers able to tilt up automatically.
It is odd and probably cumbersome that the lockers open up to the outside of the boat, not the inside. That could make getting things in and out a little challenging
They do have a direct drive ski version of this with the same layout,.

It says it has a "hydro thrust" design that allows you to change up the wake and doesn't give you spray. I'd be interested to know more about this and if it's similar to other wake/surf systems. It looks like a standard power wake plate though.

There's a pic in the slideshow that shows two people surfing at the same time, on both sides of the wake. It doesn't look like a great wake, but that's interesting.

Overall it doesn't look bad for the price and it being a 20 foot boat as long as you can have them swap out that spoiler type tower for one that is more functional and not as ugly.
For the same type of money you can get an Axis which has a better layout and the option for Surfgate or a Sanger.
I think they are priced right, but they definitely need to advertise more and fix that tower design.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2014, 5:19 AM Reply   
Gekko anyone?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
You can get a new Axis for around that and have a much nicer boat than this weird thing.
Just to play devils advocate how can you say the Axis is a much nicer boat? Sure it is more proven, better looking, etc... but to say it is "nicer" unless you have been in the Dan Dulong special how can you say that?
Old     (Jwredmon101)      Join Date: May 2014       05-23-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
Axis nicer that what? A park bench .. interior is horrible!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
oooohhhh this thread is starting to gain potential... park benches and dan dulong..... how can we go wrong.... We need some barbed wire
Old     (kbob)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-23-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
I agree that the tower and direction of rear lockers needs to be adjusted for sure. The 6x9's are outdated compared to the current aftermarket choices. The boat does have some really nice standard options though. In my opinion the Wakecraft logo looks very cartoonish and throws people off in regards to it's looks. Remove the side sticker and change the tower and it would be a pretty decent looking boat for the price.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-23-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
The side swipe exhaust is what would turn me off. Looks and sounds cool for the first 5 minutes then gets unbearably loud. They do sound MEAN from across the lake tho.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-23-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
these boats remind me a kit car... it looks like a car, has four wheels, yada yada. But some something is just not quite right about it. You can just tell that was made in some guys garage.

Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-23-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
On the site I only see a 20' model
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-23-2014, 10:57 PM Reply   
Their site looks like it hasn't been updated in a few years. Likely they started making new boats and having their dealers advertise on CL locally for all their models. Why businesses don't update their web page when everyone looks stuff up online nowadays is beyond me. Calabria is the same way.