Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-04-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Action water sports AZ

Last edited by stevev210; 10-04-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-04-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Same kind of money I was told. We looked at one the other day when we dropped the boat off for winterization. Not a bad looking boat. When I asked price the sales guy said low to mid 60's. When I said what about the 50K all day, he just laughed and said never gonna happen. He said there is no way, shape or form they could ever sell me one for 50K.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-04-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
Was that the MSRP Steve ???? Or the 50k all day price.

Love that simple gel scheme
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-07-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
still waiting for a wakeboard wake pic/review

for the price I was quoted it was a legit option, assuming it is a wake machine
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-07-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
This is in Canadian and not sure what options it has and doesn't minus what it sasy. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/bod/4632503796.html
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       10-07-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
very Base options. like almost nothing! lol..Surf system is a 5000 option
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
Saw it in person for the first time. $70k with the options you would want, stereo, bimini, tower/racks, surf system, dash monitor. I was impressed, seemed like a great boat for someone looking for an all around solid boat with feel to the top of the line boats.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-11-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Saw it in person for the first time. $70k with the options you would want, stereo, bimini, tower/racks, surf system, dash monitor. I was impressed, seemed like a great boat for someone looking for an all around solid boat with feel to the top of the line boats.
$70k all day!!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-13-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
$70k all day!!

hahahhahahahah an MC owner here but rather have a lightly used 210 or 230 for that same price!!
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-30-2014, 4:18 AM Reply   
dealer here finally received their first nxt. went to the open house last night to check it out..
50k no way. basic price sheet printed by the dealership on the windshield listed an msrp at 80.5k and a fall special of 67k. boat had a basic jl stereo with 2 small pod tower speakers(no sub), bimini, surf tabs, wakeplate, ballast and a dual axle trailer. no glitter gel, just a simple black/white scheme. seemed awfully expensive for that kind of dough.
boat did feel well built however did notice that the nxt logo on the rear seatback had threads coming out and the front of the trailer where the winch and bow stop are were off by over an inch. boat was centered on the bunks but the roller was off the keel by a ways.

it was parked by an x2 that had a fall special of 91k. yikes.....
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-30-2014, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
dealer here finally received their first nxt. went to the open house last night to check it out..
50k no way. basic price sheet printed by the dealership on the windshield listed an msrp at 80.5k and a fall special of 67k. boat had a basic jl stereo with 2 small pod tower speakers(no sub), bimini, surf tabs, wakeplate, ballast and a dual axle trailer. no glitter gel, just a simple black/white scheme. seemed awfully expensive for that kind of dough.
boat did feel well built however did notice that the nxt logo on the rear seatback had threads coming out and the front of the trailer where the winch and bow stop are were off by over an inch. boat was centered on the bunks but the roller was off the keel by a ways.

it was parked by an x2 that had a fall special of 91k. yikes.....
50k all day on the low hours used market!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-01-2014, 4:41 PM Reply   
"50K no way"

Nice
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-12-2015, 5:44 PM Reply   
Saw this at the boat show this wkend. Boat did not impress me by any means...
Attached Images

Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       01-12-2015, 7:04 PM Reply   
I was griping about the price in another thread... How are they still advertising "$50K all-day" when the base price is over $58K? At the Nashville show the dealer had build sheets on 3 different NXTs... 1 was $58K+ , 1 was $59K+, and the other was over $60K base price. Once comparable options to the pic you posted were added they were $67-71K. Am I missing something or is their advertising complete hokum?
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hurry, someone file a suit for false advertising!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-12-2015, 10:43 PM Reply   
There was a moomba outback v at our boat show that had a sticker on it that said "$50K all day"...... Thought it was very clever and I was impressed that you really could buy it nicely optioned for $50k as a promotion at the show... I immediately walked over to the NXT and asked how much and they said $70k... I said "all day?"
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-12-2015, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
There was a moomba outback v at our boat show that had a sticker on it that said "$50K all day"...... Thought it was very clever and I was impressed that you really could buy it nicely optioned for $50k as a promotion at the show... I immediately walked over to the NXT and asked how much and they said $70k... I said "all day?"
Yeah, that was genius! That Outback included tandem trailer, cover, bimini, racks, heater, surf system (flow), and stereo. Everything you need for a great day on the water.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-18-2015, 7:53 PM Reply   
Time to stir the pot boys... looks like a few new models later this year a NXT 22 and 24
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-19-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
No surprise there. I wonder how the sales have been on the NXT20. You don't see many pictures out on social media and web.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-19-2015, 7:02 AM Reply   
Nxt is a filler line just like axis.
Allows Mastercraft to boost prices on their premier line, just like Malibu did.
Not real impressed with mastercraft though. Was trying to work a deal on an x30 at the show, but realized I was paying a lot, just to say I had a Mastercraft.
Much rather have a G, or the new SE supra
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-19-2015, 7:12 AM Reply   
My dealer has a very nice NXT for sale and he told me that with a trailer that it could be sold for 52K. They really are nice boats and after sitting in an axis the NXY is so much nicer. All the material is the same as the MC lineup. You get a very good boat and a very good engine for the price. Ilmor is a great engine builder.

Jmorlan, I think you have a non valid point. The price on the G has risen every year and Supra went from being a boat company making 60 - 80K boat to now making boat in the 100k range and some that are more than MC. Shoot even Tige and Centurion have boats in the 100K range. The X30 is one of the best boats on the market for wakeboarding and surfing.

I find it funny that on WW that MC is hated because they cost so much when on the grand scheme of things they are priced pretty equally with the rest of the Manufactures.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-19-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
In all honesty, do you feel the mastercraft is on par value wise to the G23. I think the G Is a much nicer boat. Mastercraft is bland to me
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-19-2015, 7:47 AM Reply   
^ No kidding. Hmm.... Base MSRP X30 $96k. Base MSRP Supra SE $115k, Base MSRP G23 $129k...... And the X30 has one of the absolute most versatile hulls out there, with a blend of excellent surf, and wakeboard wakes. As well as one of the better ski wakes of any wake boat currently made. It might not be the "best" at any one discipline, but it definitely one of the most versatile boats out there.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-19-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
Isn't the X23 the new MC hotness though? Seems to me that's a better G comparison maybe. I don't know, don't really care either.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-19-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
In all honesty, do you feel the mastercraft is on par value wise to the G23. I think the G Is a much nicer boat. Mastercraft is bland to me

No, it's probably not, but it also costs 25% less than a G23...... The "looks" statement is obviously subjective, but it has been obvious since its introduction, that "most" people don't think the G is anywhere near as good looking as most other wake boats made right now. "Sexy", or "sleek", or "beautiful" is not commonly used in the same sentence as "G23"

Some love that styling, though.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2015, 8:05 AM Reply   
You guys are comparing the wrong boats In terms of cost and market: X30 v 23lsv v 230 v Z3
Not the same 'class' as ASR, G23, X-Star etc..
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-19-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
^True Story
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-19-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
Even in the case of the x23, imo, G is still nicer. Idk, I think mastercraft are watered down and I won't lie, part of the reason I looked at them was, BECAUSE MASTERCRAFT BRO.
Glad I didn't go ham and buy one because I feel it would have been a mistake.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-19-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
Heck ya! Thank god you didn't cave in Jmorlan! You ALMOST ended up with one of the most popular, well built, and versatile, wakeboats available right now.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-19-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Even in the case of the x23, imo, G is still nicer. Idk, I think mastercraft are watered down and I won't lie, part of the reason I looked at them was, BECAUSE MASTERCRAFT BRO.
Glad I didn't go ham and buy one because I feel it would have been a mistake.
Having test drove both before purchasing an X23 I will say they are both nice boats with pros and cons. The interior if the X23 as with any mastercraft is so much more plush and comfortable. CC is very hard and straight. Yes the G has one of the best wakeboard wakes out there I'm not disputing that however the surf wave isn't that great IMO. The G looks like a big blob. No curvature or excitement. To me the G is bland.

Also another factor for me was the rough water ride and the X23s ride was much better. The Gs hull flattens off half way on the boat where as the X23 continues the V all the way through the hull.

Everyone has different opinions, I think the G is a great boat but there are no dealers in Louisiana and they do cost more for a similar optioned boat when comparing and X23 and G. If Louisiana had a dealer I may had tried the G for the wakeboard wake however the wake on the X23 was better than my X45 so I was happy.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-19-2015, 5:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
My dealer has a very nice NXT for sale and he told me that with a trailer that it could be sold for 52K.
I call BS. I was at the Dallas boat show a few weeks back and snapped this of the NXT they had on display.

Name:  20150131_165913[1].jpg
Views: 2751
Size:  44.6 KB

Just for fun, I acted like I was interested in buying and talked numbers with the sales guy. He said the best he could do with a trailer included (and he made a big deal about that like he was doing me a favor...) was around $68k + TT&L. The boat was a joke, and was ironically sitting in the same area as the Gekkos, which I would've still rather had over the NXT. The interior was cheap and not up to the MC standards that you would expect. Honestly I've seen Bayliners with nicer interiors than the NXT. The NXT looks to be a seriously inferior boat to the Tige RZR and R20, the Axis A20 (the boats that it was designed to compete with), as well as a few others on the market. Basically you're paying for the MC name, but for less features compared to just about any other boat on the market for less money.

Last edited by FastR3DN3K; 03-19-2015 at 5:31 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-19-2015, 8:24 PM Reply   
Hell you could probably get a pretty loaded RZR for 68k...
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-19-2015, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
I call BS. I was at the Dallas boat show a few weeks back and snapped this of the NXT they had on display.

Attachment 38273

Just for fun, I acted like I was interested in buying and talked numbers with the sales guy. He said the best he could do with a trailer included (and he made a big deal about that like he was doing me a favor...) was around $68k + TT&L. The boat was a joke, and was ironically sitting in the same area as the Gekkos, which I would've still rather had over the NXT. The interior was cheap and not up to the MC standards that you would expect. Honestly I've seen Bayliners with nicer interiors than the NXT. The NXT looks to be a seriously inferior boat to the Tige RZR and R20, the Axis A20 (the boats that it was designed to compete with), as well as a few others on the market. Basically you're paying for the MC name, but for less features compared to just about any other boat on the market for less money.

You realize by chatting with a salesperson for 5 minutes you probably aren't going to 'see' the best numbers right? Once you sit down and option things out with them you should be able to negotiate the prices better. Also, glad you would take a Gekko over the NXT, it proves that your opinion is useless. Interior worse than a bayliner? You're a moron. Stop posting.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2015, 5:56 AM Reply   
Ryan you pretty much proved that your opinion is about as useless as a hole in a condom. The material that is used on the NXT is the same as every other mastercraft. You must think that all MC boats are terrible?

I have ridden in and behind an NXT and have see real prices from the dealer that I purchased my X23 and these boats can be had in 50K range. Like Dan said just stop posting because you really do sound like an Idiot.

Yes the NXT shows more fiberglass than any other MC, however the interior is 1000 times nicer than the Axis and Moomba. Better yet its a lot better than the your crappy Tige interior. Shoot Tige uses mess for its seat backs. Now if you would have said that you have seen Bayliners with a nicer interior than your Tige then I wouldn't be writing this post. Get real man, you cant make a deal for a boat within 5 minutes especially at a boat show.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-20-2015, 7:09 AM Reply   
I just love any WW thread with mastercraft in the subject. Its like having the Jerry Springer show back.

Gotta say though, the nxt leaves me cold. Its like a teenage MC all awkward and leggy with pimples and bad hair.
Old     (Will_B)      Join Date: Mar 2015       04-02-2015, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post

I have ridden in and behind an NXT and have see real prices from the dealer that I purchased my X23 and these boats can be had in 50K range. Like Dan said just stop posting because you really do sound like an Idiot.

I would like to hear your impression of the NXTs performance. How was the wake? Did you only board or surf as well?

oh, and yes I am brand new here. seeking information based on facts. Thanks.

Last edited by Will_B; 04-02-2015 at 7:03 PM. Reason: added to post
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2015, 7:48 PM Reply   
I recently road behind the NXT 20 ft boat in Florida with stock ballast, and the equivalent of three adults in boat (2 adults and 3 little kids). The wake was tiny. The doubleups were decent, but the regular wake was one of the smallest wakes I have ridden in the last 5 to 10 years. I did not Wakesurf, so no idea how that would have been.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-03-2015, 5:21 AM Reply   
^Did it have plug and play?

Wake is pretty small on the NXT with just stock hard tanks. The hull on the NXT is very similar to the shape of the old 205v hull. It is actually one of the better ski hulls in MC's current wakeboat lineup. Takes some weight for a good wakeboard wake. You want PnP 500s (or more) for Wakeboarding.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-03-2015, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Hell you could probably get a pretty loaded RZR for 68k...
or even a 2015 MB B52 23 for less with a couple hours
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       04-04-2015, 4:01 PM Reply   
People need to get over the whole "MasterCraft Interior" garbage. Does the NXT have the "Same interior materials as every MC"? Who cares?! The shiny carbon look vinyl they use is awful! It's almost as tacky as the pickle fork front end.

I suppose the interior quality means more to the buyer who only plans on putting around the lake at full ballast so people can see the MasterCraft logo on the side. Moomba's Mondo blows away the NXT on absolutely every level. Just because MasterCraft builds a boat, doesn't automatically skyrocket it to the top of it's class, and the biggest knock against MC, is that it's fans think so...
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       04-04-2015, 4:49 PM Reply   
Gawd I will be glad when everyone gets back on the water..enjoy your boat it's what you have. Make some memories and stop measuring d#&k size.