Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2015, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
What does MSRP say? I can't quite make it out on my screen.
Base price - $111,580

Suggested retail price - $156,380
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have got to agree about the latest boats being a step change from 09, deeper hulls, higher ballast capacity, surf systems, more horse power.

158k on the retail
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-10-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
what i think is funny is how many people rate older boats (older hulls like the 210 vlx, x1 old star) as there favorite wake, best transition, best pop etc etc. When my neighbors and i go out on our boats, (all different) no one can truly say they can perform better or worse from boat to boat, they all agree the wakes are different, but not to an extreme that they feel limited to only certain tricks, etc etc. so what i personally find, is new boats are cool, look new, feel new and truly only offer very limited value vs cost.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^158 and some change
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-10-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I would argue that there were more than a few. If we had surf systems available for the older 210, 230, VLX, 23lsv, x15, x25 all would do just what you described. The 8000 lb dry weight doesn't matter. Hulls haven't changed dramatically. Devices have. The technology part needed is nss/surfgate/gen /flow. Retrofit those to any of of the previous boats mentioned above and you would have the same. That's why mfg's won't retrofit. They wouldn't be able to sell new boats. Let's not forget all the big tricks were still going down on these old boats............. 10's, and doubles

Now your high. Non of those boats can hold enough ballast to get to 8k without bags all over the place. They likely won't plane worth a darn either and the wakes are never gonna be rideable at 23mph either at 8k gross weight. Maybe the LSV but it's gonna struggle to plane and need bags in the cabin. Not to mention with the G u can still fit all your friends and gear. I'm not saying a g is worth $130k but I am saying there's not a boat out there from 2009 that can touch it either.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2015, 8:18 AM Reply   
So stupid to be arguing over the MSRP and/or the approx negotiated price of a boat that you don't plan on buying.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-12-2015, 2:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
So stupid to be arguing over the MSRP and/or the approx negotiated price of a boat that you don't plan on buying.

It's not really an argument. Msrp is msrp, and I wanted to set straight the skewed numbers that I've seen.
Also, plenty of people on here own a newer wake boat.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2015, 5:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Snapped this at the boat show lastnight... Uploading off of my phone and not sure why it's sideways
Don't know how much of a special that is. The real prices are less that that. I have one priced right now that is pretty loaded and Saltwater series for 130K. Add the Power Tower and im at 140K.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-12-2015, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
It's difficult to compare these boats at base MSRP. Nautique includes standard features that are an option on MC.
I priced both a G23 and X23 out using actual build sheets. I got as close as I could to making both boats equal with options.
X23 came in at 145k and G23 at 150k MSRP.

Where are you getting 15k less fully loaded for the X23? Using build sheets, I came up with X23 at 180,720 and G23 at 181,725. This is excluding gel options, ZFT5, and trailers.
In order to hit that MSRP, you would have had to have options like-
-Billet Speaker cans
-Clamping wake+Surf racks. ($1500 more than the regular clamping wake racks. not to mention the G racks are still bungee AFAIK)
-Custom color package (Baseball stitching in any color, + added exterior options+ Any interior color setup that you want. All colors available.)
-Bimini surf sleeves.
-Rear facing lights
-Stainless fender clips

Those are just a few off the top of my head, that are not available on a G23. Those options, on an X23 (Especially the ones involving billet) add a significant chunk of change. Just the ones I listed, add $10k to the MSRP.

Swap tower speakers over to the JL cans, and remove the stuff that is not available on a G, and you will have the price difference I am referring to....... I was talking about the comparison of equally optioned boats.

Last edited by Fixable; 01-12-2015 at 5:45 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2015, 7:24 AM Reply   
Denver Boat Show X23...
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
Denver Boat Show G23 (has the 550)...
Attached Images

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-12-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
Portland Boat Show

X-30 $112K with 5.7L 350hp

X23 $129K with 6.0L 410hp

G23 $143K with 6.0L 450hp

Last edited by ixfe; 01-12-2015 at 8:58 AM.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-12-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
Nautique - BEAUTIFUL
Mastercraft - FUGLY
Nuff Said...............
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-13-2015, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Nautique - BEAUTIFUL
Mastercraft - FUGLY
Nuff Said...............

Idk about all that. I actually think the lines look really good on the x23. Makes the G seem alittle blocky from the side view. I will say the MC tower is not very attractive in the least. Put that g's tower on the x23 and boom!

When push comes to shove though and u were honest with yourself I don't really see how anyone would take a X over a G though. Prices are pretty much the same so unless it's a dealer issue Nautique prob isn't to scared of loosing business anytime soon.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-13-2015, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post

When push comes to shove though and u were honest with yourself I don't really see how anyone would take a X over a G though.
That is an ironic statement. Lots of people with different wants, and needs, and there are quite a few things that the X23 excels in compared to the G. The same can be said for the G23.

Like it or not, the X23 is a better surf boat out of the box.
Like it or not, the G23 is a better wakeboard boat out of the box
Like it or not, both boats are very good for both sports.

The X23 looks better to most people.
The G23 has more storage.
The X23 has more optional equipment for the "little things" that some people want.
The G23 has a more open lounge area with tons of room to move around.
The X23 has a more comfortable, and contoured interior.
The G23 has a better looking tower.
The X23 has a much better sound system.
The G23 has an under floor cooler
The X23 has 2 pumps per ballast tank, for much faster empty/fill times.
The G23 has a more comfortable walkthrough.
And the list goes on.

These 2 boats have a ton of differences, however, pure performance/weight/ability/wakes are both at the top of their game. Each one just leans a little in the other direction. They are VERY comparable boats, and the X23 is the first to really be in the same league. Not sure what the status of the ASR is, but last I knew, it wouldn't kick a starboard wave at all, and the port wave was pretty much the worst in the Tige lineup. I have heard they have improved that though. I hope they have. On average, Tige's are very good surf boats.

If you are being "really honest with yourself", you really couldn't go wrong either way, and it will mostly come down to personal preference.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-13-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
Nice summary Eric. That's some good information and I agree that both boats are magnificent. The rest is all preference and the eye of the beholder.

The only thing I'd add are that both towers are pretty homely. That seems common these days. The MC power tower looks good but is too expensive and Malibu still makes a great looking tower.
Old     (BlakeEatmon)      Join Date: Nov 2014       01-13-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Very nice summary. I am actually deciding between these 2 boats as we speak. Its a very tough decision and I'm struggling with it. Never owned anything but Mastercraft but I sure like the G23 a lot. Maybe its time for a change? Anyone else have any thoughts and or opinions between the x-23 and g-23?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-13-2015, 6:44 PM Reply   
Lol they just covered the entire topic
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-04-2015, 2:41 PM Reply   
Placed an order for an X23 Last week with a finishing build date in March. The X23 is the real deal. For those of you that haven't ridden behind one do it because I promise you it is competition for the G. Surf wave is the best I have ever ridden and the wakeboard wake is awesome.....
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Placed an order for an X23 Last week with a finishing build date in March. The X23 is the real deal. For those of you that haven't ridden behind one do it because I promise you it is competition for the G. Surf wave is the best I have ever ridden and the wakeboard wake is awesome.....
David.... I will ride your boat and judge how good the surf wake is. haha
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-05-2015, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoeco View Post
David.... I will ride your boat and judge how good the surf wake is. haha
This is going to be fun..... I'm going to convert a die hard centurion owner to Mastercraft. I think the world may stop turning when this happens. Shoot wakeworld may erupt........
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2015, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
This is going to be fun..... I'm going to convert a die hard centurion owner to Mastercraft. I think the world may stop turning when this happens. Shoot wakeworld may erupt........