Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-28-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
Recently on my boat and also on my buddies boat, our perfect passes stopped holding speed correctly. I noticed on both of them that the servo knobs are very hard to turn now. Is this a common problem with the perfect pass systems? Is there a way to fix it or will I need to replace the whole servo motor? If I need to replace it, any idea how much one costs? Thanks!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
I just had to replace mine because of the same thing but mine flat out wouldn't turn at all. I'd call the guys at PP and chat with them it's likely going bad but there may exist something to remedy it. A guy on here said he us WD-40 to rework his and it's been going strong for long time since. Replacement cost for mine was $129 plus $35 for shipping. Kinda pricey but they 2 day'd it.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Remove the motor from the housing and scrub with an old tooth brush and WD 40 to remove the rust. Lube it back up and replace, should work. Make sure the motor is not getting wet, this is what causes the rust and the inability to move.

If this doesn't work call PP, they are great to work with.
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I just had the same problem this weekend. Removed the servo cleaned and lubed and had no luck. Just got off the phone with PP and ordered a new one. Fingers crossed it comes in before the weekend.

There is also a pretty nice troublshooting guide on perfectpass.com
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Mine froze up and I had to take is apart and clean it up a couple years ago, and it's still going strong. Make sure it is mounted with the shaft pointing down so water can't run into the armature.