Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
The fam has a trip planned for late august for one of those big puppies coming out of Temple Bar, Lake Mead.

So... not having spent a lot of time out there personally, I was hoping I could get the skinny from some people who have.

I have heard that it is the most secluded part of the lake, which is cool with me, but how is the riding on that portion of the lake. Any advixce as far as mile markers and great places to slam a houseboat into the shoar would also be much appreciated. Rock and roll!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
Best place I've been at that end is way up to Sand Point. Although there is a basin just up from there that is fairly protected. Forget the name but it has a landmark point/rock feature.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-17-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
Josh - Happenin Cappenin??!!! Used to go to Temple Bar every October. If there is no wind, the whole place is glass. If it kicks up, there is a cove just East of Temple Bar, I think Ladder cove. Pretty protected, always good in there for riding. Also places just across the lake, right by the temple. Goodtimes, send pics! What up to Kari & Bob!
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-17-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Frew-Doggie... good to hear from ya man. If temple bar was good enough for you, I'm sure i'll be stoked out there. I have heard its a real pretty area with not a lot of boats and decent riding conditions.

Thanks for the tips man. Lets get together soon out on the water and shred the gnar.