Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-24-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have a ton of black on my hull above the waterline, and it seems that it is going to be pretty tuff to keep it clean.

I need some advice from some of you other black hulls out there. What's the best approach to keeping it clean and free from waterspots. I'm willing to work hard to keep it spotless, but don't want to waste time and energy doing the wrong thing. Thanks
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-24-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
I know you guys have black boats... help a brotha out
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
50/50 vinegar and water, just make sure to wax afterwards.
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
I agree with Mark. You can actually mix in a little bit of Liquid marine wax to that combination, it looks great when you are done. I have an all black hull. It looks amazing once its been polished nice.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-24-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
josh, i ride w/ wes up here at the delta. he has an 02 all black san. the boat still looks brand new, mainly cause he's an anal sonuva be0tch, but also because he uses vinegar & water and a bit of spray-on wax at the end of the day. it doesn't take much time but the results speak for themselves. maybe he can chime in on which spray-on wax he uses.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-24-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
it's the one in the light blue bottle at west marine lol. i'm not sure of the brand.

the water/vinegar will keep the spots off if you do it the same day. after 4 years I had some accumulation (mostly under the rub rail and from lazy crew members) but Peter took his buffer to it recently and it all looks brand new.

black is beautiful!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-24-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
p.s. you might have better luck in the boat thread than here. can a moderator move the thread?
Old    wakelvr            07-24-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
bump
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-24-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Look at the Driven Line of products. Water does not stick to it and they have a cleaning product for wipe down that is good.

http://www.driventoperfection.com/shop/index.php?action=item&id=5&subid=&PHPSESSID=db235b 63720fe9a9d2f92bdfbe7b19cc

Best stuff for water spots and mantaining the wax is Hot Sauce by Boat Bling. The shipping is expensive but worth every penny.

I have a ton of dark blue on my boat and I boat in the Havasu area. Very hard water with extreme heat makes for the toughest water spots around. Hot Sauce gets them all with a nice shine when finished.

http://www.boatbling.net/bbFrameset-1.htm
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-24-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
thanks for all the comments guys... Im sure with a little elbow grease I could keep the thing looking sparkly new.

Brian - that's more black then I got on my boat, but it looks great. If you could do it, now I have faith.