Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 11:55 PM Reply   
Here it is kids!!!

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 11:59 PM Reply   

Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
i just pooped myself.... I cant wait untill our wake school gets ours
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-29-2005, 12:10 AM Reply   
i dont care what anyone else thinks....i think the new graphics rock
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
Alright, so heres the deal...

Had the chance to spend the entire day on and behind the boat, boat was not able to snap a good enough picture of a rider next to the wake to post, so ill have to describe it.

First of all, we ran stock ballast

500 in the nose
and 350 on each side of the engine
4 people in the boat

right away, the boat needs MORE weight. the wake had an exceptional shape. I mean siiick. The only problem was, since the transition is a bit longer then the former X2, the wake was not quite as tall. With that said, the wake was very decieving. It looked small and mellow, but half way up it, bamn, it had a nice hard verty lip to it. It was more or less a nice blend between the former X2 and the Xstar wake. Mellow at first, and then steep and hard halfway up. With another 500 lbs in the boat, probably in the middle to back half, I think the wake could get epic. Dont get me wrong, the way it was, we were all going BIG, and since the wake is a taste wider, we were still landing wake to wake.

All in all, I was very impressed. I mean, I was very very impressed!!! The interior is just out of this world. The seats are all much much SOFTER then the previous xstar seats, and are much taller and wider then the former X2 seats. the extra 4in width really makes it feel like a ton more room in the boat.

As you can tell by the pictures, with 4 dudes in the boat, there was plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and have their own space.

The bow and the sundeck are considerably smaller then the former X2, but i found these changes to be mostly beneficial. You can comfortably sit 3 in the bow, but everyones legs need to be slightly bent. No big deal for me, and most of the time that's where the girls sit and sunbath anyway. The storage compartments under the sundeck strecth under the rear seating area which gives you a ton more storage then the former X2. Also, all the internal ballast is beneath the floor, rather then taking up half of your rear storage!!

It was a sick day, sick wake, epic boat, and can't wait to place an order for one.... price will be the only thing to consider????
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-29-2005, 12:15 AM Reply   
Seems nearly perfect. The only thing I am not excited about is the dash -- the dash is a bit bolt-on ET for me.
Old    walt            10-29-2005, 5:52 AM Reply   
I think the new graphics are great too !
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
The boat is sick! of course it is its a Mastercraft. With that said I like the 06 X2 alot, the boat looks sick. The Graphics, or lack of look sick. Thye wake looks sick /w stock ballast, just think of it with another 1000 or so lbs in it!! I hope its true about the seats because they did need to improve the cumfort issue IMO. Ill take it! As far as the dash, I like it it is more like the X-star dash, big and easy to read gauges.
Old    wakelvr            10-29-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
SWEET ~ Time to upgrade!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-29-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
josh, i'm seriously kickin' myself for not goin' w/ you guys yesterday. that boat looks sick! i do agree w/ dane though. i'm not diggin' the generic, lego-looks of it. everything else looks sweet tho.

stefani, do you even ride anymore?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-29-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Joshua ~ So you ran stock ballast + 1200lbs on top??? I assume that it was all water ballast??How much is stock ballast???
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Ed - yes, we ran stock ballast plus the extra 1200 lbs, roughly 680 was in lead.

I dont know what stock ballast is exactly, but i imagine it being below 900lbs, or right around there.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for the invite Josh....I wouldn't have wanted to go anyway. Whats up with the hotel room??
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-29-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
PIMP
Old    wakelvr            10-29-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
haha... not nearly enough! :-)

Once I'm done nursing, I plan to dust off my wakeboard and get out there again:-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-29-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
i figured the kid was takin' up all your time! you and jason need to get your asses out there again!
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Which one was supposed to have the pickle fork? X1 or X2?
The wrap around seating looks cool, but does the new X2 have a built in ice cooler? That's where we always put ours and also used it as a seat.

Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
The x-2 has the pickle fork. built in included.
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Ahhh, I didn't see it at first.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-29-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
The new X-2 has a built in cooler under the left side seat.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Poser.. not exactly sure i can make it that weekend or not.. wont know until its almost too late... but cross your fingers, because when i get a few cocktails in me, youll be making fun of me for months to come..

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
I spy a pair of the new Zeus'. I thought those weren't available yet! Is that the new Transcend? May be time for an upgrade!!
Joshua, are those your boots? What do you think?
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-30-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
The new boots are unreal, the hinge system really lets you get in and out of your bindings without effort. Also,,, super comfortable..!!!

Plus, it locks your heel right into the boot, with a nice tight feeling, but still flexible enough on top to tweak out your grabs.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       10-30-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
How light are those new cwb's? Im looking to pick up a pair for next season but I want something light.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-30-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
I dont know exactly, but when i picked up the board and bindings off the rack, it was the lightest set up i have ever had in my hands.. down right amazing
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-31-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
Bitchn' boat. I think I'm really gonna dig the new X2's. Maybe time for a new CIE boat, although..... the old X2 wake just about had me scurred yesterday. Can't wait to ride behind the new one. It's got some big shoes to fill. You know if Josh liked it then it's proper. The pics of his X2 wake are meaty.

Yeah, the new Zeus' are dope. Only thing strange is they changed their size matrix a bit. Works great for me. Not so great for J-rod's meaty feet. I've got a '06 Transcend Platinum sitting in my storage right now that I'm stoked to check out. Hmmmm.... may have to be sick from work one day this week. I've been diggin the new Fuse's and the Platinum Absolute.