Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Check it out!

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=1482&eCat=BC|1482&whse=BC&topnav=
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
the link changed the page.. but if you scroll about halfway down the sreen, they have a wakestar 1100 gph pump for pretty cheap.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Is that cheap? I have Straight Line pumps here in the store that are just as fast for the same price. And if you have questions about them I can answer them. So I have that over Costco.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
I would rather pay 100 for a fly high tsunami pump any day of the week.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
I wasnt saying anything about the other brands of pumps, just pointing out that Costco has that product.

I also agree that the tsunami pump is the way to go. For sure!! In fact, I have one.

It was just crazy to see the pump for sale at Costco, and that is as cheap as I have seen that pump.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
It's cool that they carry it, but I got a bag and 1100gph pump off ebay new for less including shipping.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
nice
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-23-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Trying to hook people up and they just don't get it.

People he is not saying this is the best pump or it's the cheapest pump out there. He is just giving people some good info on a good price for a good pump.

Thanks Josh! YOU ROCK!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
i love you man. can i have the last beer?
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-23-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Is there anything Costco doesn't have these days?
I was looking for a new pump with a long power cord as my existing pump will only reach one locker. The 10 foot one on this might do the trick. $65 including shipping seems pretty good to me.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
I second that.. I love Costco. One of the few places you can return something, no questions asked.
:-)
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
I could live in Costco without any problem... between all the food samples and expansive interiors, It would be a great place to shack up
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Bug....

I was feeling somewhat like I had dropped the soap in a prison shower room... getting bombarded by people.

Bug hit it on the head.. I was simply sharing info.. using the form for what it was intended.

Bug -- ROCK and ROLL man.. you are my HERO!

Let's Ride
Old    wakelvr            06-23-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
They also have a fat sac. NICE! Costco is hip!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11136764&ec=BC-EC8386-ProdID11136773&pos=0F
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Sweeeeeeeeeet! How can I join the COSTCO WAKE TEAM?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   

quote:

And if you have questions about them I can answer them. So I have that over Costco.

i don't think it's all that difficult to tell the customer, "plug it in and it'll work." i'm sure the guys at costco can figure out that they plug it in, one side sucks in water, the other side spits it out.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-23-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
My wife works at Costco and I'm lucky if I even see a paycheck from her. Yeah we spend a lot of money at Costco. Josh thanks for the heads up on the pump, Costco sometimes sells dock lines as well. We also have boughten some sweet tubes from there.

Plus you can return anything even with out a receipt.

Brannon
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
they sell cheap kayaks as well
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-23-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Cheap price on Marine batteries too! Not to Mention 36 packs of healthy beer makes a sweet ballast in my boat. Plus it also makes the chicks in the boat look even better. Costco Rocks for sure.

Brannon
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-23-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
That's it!!! Maybe Costco will sponsor me...no onw else will

Hey Ant Bug....missed you at the last Canyon tourney.
Old     (nwcoast2cascade)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-24-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
The more you buy stuff from Costco, the more you hurt the industry and the people pushing the industry. I realize you can get a good deal here and there, but who at Costco might be able to take care of a warranty issue that might come up or even properly mount up your new board? Please continue to support your local proshop.Bakes ProShop
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Yeah you are right Joe costco probaly can handle that one and if you keep buying youre stuff there maybe they will sell youre video.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-24-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
and that, folks, is coming from an employee of ski world usa in norcal. pretty sad. oh well, there are a bunch of other shops in norcal to support.

for the record, i don't even have a costco card.

(Message edited by dakid on June 24, 2006)
Old    wakelvr            06-24-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Your statement disappoints me Erik. This coming from someone who BOUGHT TWO BOATS from ski world Pleasanton in 5 years.
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-25-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
It seems to me that Erik is actually making sense. I would bet the Costco guys will know nothing about how to use the pumps, and people at a wake store would. Joe, don't alienate the people who can sell your video. Any good wake shop is going to go beyond the "plug it in and it'll work" line. I am sure you would want people who love the sport to promote your video and not some dude at Costco saying, "Chick Flix? It's about wakeboarding. Stick it in the machine and it'll work."
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Ya support your local boardshop not costco. When the last time you seen a Costco sponser a wake comp? Or give anything back to our sport. Pay the extra 20 bucks and support your local wakeboard shop, that is if you want to have a local shop!!If you dont have a local boardshop then thats a different story.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-25-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
All I ever want is for everyone to support their local shop. If everyone buys from Costco pretty soon there will be no more local shops to do things like sell dvds and answer your questions on more complicated things. So I realize I was a little bit of an ass, but I felt offended that Joe would think that someone at Costco would be able to do my job just as well as I can. And don't worry, Stefani I do not work for Ski World anymore, so please continue to support them.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-25-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
So I am sorry for posting from anger Joe.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-25-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
support your local WAKE shop. a couple of years ago i had a customer come into my shop who had just purchased a board from a large chain sporting good store. she was a little skeptical of the info she had recieved when she purchased her board. here's why...

cust: what are these holes in the ends of the board for?

me: those are for the fins, didn't you get any when you bought the board?

cust: no, are you sure they are for fins?

me: aboslutely (i show her a board with fins)

cust: oh, i was told that was where i attach the rope, guess i need some fins

so again, support your local shop or find a reliable one you can do business with online there are a bunch of us out there.
Old    wakelvr            06-25-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Eric, Thank you for your last post. Yes, I will continue to support Ski World. I have pumped a HUGE amount of money into Ski World, and other local wakeboarding shops. I will continue to pump money into them. Threatening people to support their local board shop or else is definitely not a good way to encourage people to support their local boardshop. I do hear where you are coming from though. However, for some people, every penny counts so they may feel the need to save money where and when they can. And it doesn't neccessarily mean they don't want to support their local shop. I will continue to support my local shop and I also might occassionaly buy something wake related from Costco. And trust me, I am one of Ski World's number one fan. Two x-series boats, 8 wakeboards, 2 wakeskates, surfboard, 5 vests, 3 ropes, 3 handles, 2 drysuits.... and the list goes on.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Stefani, I dident read anyone making any threats. Just asking riders to support there local boardshops if they have one, thats all. You do your share of supporting no doubt.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-25-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP OR DID FOOL!! (now thats a threat)
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
I'm assuming "DID" means "DIE", right?

:]
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Spend the money at the board shop. Invest in a relationship that will save you a lot more than costco. The Eric above is the same guy that hooked up Ant Bug with a free set of Marius fins. He's good people.

Good looking out Josh.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
i am abig supporter of the support your local shop first then your online proshop second and so on..

however if the price is more then 50 percent lower on a product and it more convenient im going to buy it from whereever that may be ..

in this case though its not cheaper nor more convenient..i can buy that exact pump setup anywhere for that price and im betting my local shop will sell it to me for around 50 if i asked nicely..

also if you dont need the hardware or hoses i have bought these pumps for 39.99 online ...

that fatsac isnt uch of adeal either probrably apples for aples about the same price anywhere ...

BTW costco doesnt carry high end boards and bindings yet so they arent gonna make much of a dent in the local pro shop anytime soon :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
erik, it's all good man. believe me, i'm all for supporting your local shop, but let's be real here. josh posted about a pump. we're not talkin' about a board/bindings set-up, rope and handle, nor are we talking about vests and such. had this been about all that, trust me, i'd be the first person backin' you up to support local shops.

(Message edited by dakid on June 25, 2006)
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-26-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Support you local shop.. push the sport... and rock and roll like a teen at a punk concert!!

Some of you guys get carried away, but to each their own. Have a great time riding.

I have to be honest though. I have a great relationship with all the local shops in the area. Know the owners by name, and most of the dudes in the shop. With that said, my nearest shop is almost 30 miles away. There are like 3 Costco's on the way to the shop. Keeping that in mind, I could understand if someone bought a rope, or a vest, or a board even from Costco.

The everyday Joe would have a hard time finding a local shop. But, that's the very reason the core guys need to support their shops.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-26-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
So you guys are telling me that if you saw a Hyperlite Parks board at Costco for example and it is 100. more at the local shop you would buy it at the local shop. You know you would buy it at Costco, so don't even kid yourself. You might argue with me on this post, but you would still buy it at Costco.

Hey I just spent a ton at my local shop, but I wasn't happy about it. Way overpriced. If you buy at your local shop all the time it's
because your getting a deal there and you know someone.