Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I remember a discussion about the giant tube with the living room furniture that could be velcroed (is that a word?) to the top... there was also a video.. anyone have a link.. already tried archives...help.. thanks
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
a few days ago it was on www.waterskimag.com in the video section u might want to look there
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Like this?

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=34496
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-05-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Thats pretty cool, get a bunch of friends and take that down the river
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
they gave one away at MWSF this weekend, after like 35 kids tore it up all day.
Old     (raddad)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
It's in the new Overtons catalog for about 300 dolars and the couch easy chair and coffee table are all sold seperatly
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
cooler doubles as a TV. Or so the box says...
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
that is tight
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
http://www.red26.com/clients/WSL/WSL-Promo.wmv

here's the demo
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-06-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
notice none of them are wearing vests while being towed.
Old    wakeboarderx03x            06-06-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
and...
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       06-06-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
"and..." And that is stupid. I am so tired of hearing about drownings and boating related deaths...many that could have been prevented if someone had been wearing a life jacket.

I saw a boat over Memorial Day weekend with several kids under the age of 12 riding in the boat without life jackets. Then I hear a story (not the same boat) of a family slowly cruising for 10-15 minutes and then realizing one of their kids is missing from the boat. Rescue workers found him submerged along the shoreline they were cruising.

I have been in the marketing/advertising field for 15 years and understand that showing people laughing and having fun is more sexy/appealing than the same people with lifejackets. It should be the manufacturer's responsibility to promote the safe use of their product. I would bet a lot of money there are warning stickers all over the box that warns about safe use. Yet they choose to promote it otherwise.

Granted it looks like a safe towable...large, big platform, stable etc. But I guarantee people will use it on their local lake with all the wally's out there, choppy water and not think twice about towing people without lifejackets. All it takes is some chop, two people crack heads and one falls in the water.

Yes I am a father of 2 young kids. I probably worry more than others. But there needs to be some common sense and responsiblity taken in areas like this.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-06-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/video.jsp?ID=731
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-06-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
also i assume it is illegal in most states to be towed without a vest.

though it does look like a fun product