Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-10-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
I just received a pair of 2010 Team Boots via warranty replacement and when I received them, they were missing the two velcro straps that go over the lower part of the boot. I emailed Hyperlite and they said that there was a change late in production and this is how they are shipping. Anyone else have info on this? I don't have a problem with them changing stuff, but it literally looks like they just cut the velcro straps off and left the holes there where they would go through the overlay, etc. Kinda tacky if you ask me and I definitely liked the looks of them better with the straps still on.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
i dont have any good info on this but i looked on the website and they are showing them without the straps as well, i really liked them with the straps and considered buying them but now your right they definitely look tacky, wish they would change them back.
Old     (wakeasaurousrex)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-10-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Im still gonna rock a pair
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-10-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
I just got mine yesterday, and they don't have the velcro straps either, but after trying them on, i think I'll be fine without them. Also, they are very, very comfortable feeling bindings. I can't wait to try them out on the water
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
eliminating an extra step i guess.
one could make their own straps to go in... but it would probably end up looking a whole different kind of "tacky"
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-10-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
How large is the plate these bindings use? Has Hyperlite switched over to a 6in plate like most other companies?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-10-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
the straps were purely cosmetic, so there will be no affect on performance. They are totally redesigned from last years, with improvements up and down. one of the most noticeable is the new liner, which is 2x thicker than 09.

stevo - yep, this year marks the first time HL will use 6" plates, they are torsionally stiffer and even less heel/toe lift than the small amount before.
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-10-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
How will these mount up on a 2009 Marek? Will they still give me the "all the way out" stance like the 8in could?
Old     (gfagien)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-17-2009, 11:57 PM Reply   
yeah im pretty sure you are right i heard that hyperlite are shipping all the team boots without the straps now, but,,, mine broke when i got off the dock first run with em :/
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-18-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
Were these to replace the Murray bindings? This is the first time since I don't know when that he doesn't have his own line of bindings.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-18-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Yes, they are curently replacing the murrays, but Shaun will have a new boot out mid season supposedly.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-18-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
where is the 2010 stuff? one of the only brands to not be updated
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Tom is always on top of the product info.

Yeah the liners a thicker and are actually dual density and fit better, are more comfy and will hold up longer than other companies liners.

The initial straps were cosmetic so we made a change. They still are very supportive and in my opinion good looking boots.

We did switch to a 6" plate, it is a torsionally stiffer plate and you will get less toe and heel lift. Go out and try these boots on, strap one on one foot and a competitors on the other foot, bolt them down to the board and start twisting. I will let you decide who's has the least amount of lift.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       12-18-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
thats easy.... slingshot
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-18-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
If they were purely cosmetic, then why didn't they leave them. The boot looks poorly made now with two holes and the velcro straps cut off.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
It was a decision we made. There were a few factors that went into the decision and we decided they where better off without straps. I dont know what else to tell you. Sorry.
Old     (samson864)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-19-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
hey

i already got my second one aswell, warrenty replacement. and both of them had the straps on.
and i am defently happy that they had the straps. After i rode the first boots i got for 2 weeks, not less then 4!! lace loops teared off!. So since i couldn not tight the laces anymore i just went with the velcro straps on the bottom part which works real great, you can ride this boot without laces in the lower part if you just use the straps and it works fine. i had to drill holes for the laces on the upper part since those lace loops broke aswell. but buywake got me sorted they sended me new ones straight away. i also noticed that both inner shoes came out, which i think is not suposed, and the stiches where the boot is stiched to the bottom part are opening on both boots... it s gone be interesting again with the hyperlite boots. i kinda understand when murray didn t wanted to give his name for this product..
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-20-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Joe - Hey, I am the warranty manager at Hyperlite. I just recently took over as warranty manager and I am determined to help our product line managers build a better product. I would really appreciate it if you could call me up on Monday or at your earliest convenience to talk to me about these boots. I have not seen this issue and I would really like to get some information surrounding the problem. Please call me at 800-938-4646 or email me at coreym@hosports.com. I am hard to reach at my desk so if you cant get ahold of me please explain to customer service that I asked you to call in and talk to me. If I still am not available please email me and I will send you my cell number. Thanks.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (samson864)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-20-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
hey corey, is all fine, buywake already send me new ones. i had to pay shipping doo which sucked.
i am sure buywake will get in touch with hyperlite warrenty about this boot.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-20-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Joe, I am sure that BuyWake will get a hold of me but it is not often that I get to talk to the person who was actually riding the boot. I will understand if you are busy and dont have the time to talk about them, but if you do have time please call me. Thanks.

Corey M
Old     (samson864)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-04-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
hey corey
i would love to give you feedback, but i am waiting since month for a replacment of my 09 murray, you don t even respond to my emails anymore? i am sorry we don t want to discuss this here but please replay to my emails
sam
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
Got it, I will check the emails to see where I missed something. Thanks.

Corey M @ Hyperlite