Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
My old Kenwood head unit finally bit the dust, so I bought a new Kenwood unit to replace it. I bought the KMR-355U head unit. I already have the Sirius SIR-KEN1 satellite radio tuner. The problem is that the cable on the SIR-KEN1 is too big to plug into my new KMR-355U. I've been looking for an adapter or a new cable I need to buy but have only found tuners. Do I have to buy a new tuner to connect to my head unit? Any help here is great...
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-14-2013, 11:12 PM Reply   
I just installed the same head unit last week and I'm pretty sure you need a new tuner. The Kenwood site says to use the Sirius SXV200V1. I found it on amazon for around $40.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2013, 3:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Chris.

Another question then... If i purchase the new tuner, how do I activate it? Will it simply start working because of the existing subscription or do I have to get on line and give them all the new numbers to go with the subscription?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-15-2013, 7:47 AM Reply   
I don't know that answer since I don't have a subscription for my boat and have never transferred my subscription to another vehicle.
Old     (SiriusXM)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-15-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
Hi Scott-

If you purchase a new tuner, you will need to switch over the account to the new radio. We'll have to update your account information and send a signal to the new radio.

Feel free to send us an email with your contact information (name, phone number and if you have it, your account number) to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be happy to help with the activation.

Thanks!
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted1 View Post
Thanks for the reply Chris.

Another question then... If i purchase the new tuner, how do I activate it? Will it simply start working because of the existing subscription or do I have to get on line and give them all the new numbers to go with the subscription?