Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-23-2019, 10:16 PM Reply   
Dakota4ce

What is the perfect formula on the SL then? I ordered mine and it arrives in April. I was going to buy some lead, but how much? I ride Regular, but my Daughters are both Goofy.
I feel I could of gotten the SE with slightly less options at the same price as what I got the SL for. I just didn't want such a massive boat. I am very happy with my decision going with the SL and can't wait to get it.

The 2019 SL has a much larger prop this year 16x15 I think. The engine has more torque too for 2019. I want to say it is now closer to the badging of 450.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-24-2019, 2:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post
Dakota4ce

What is the perfect formula on the SL then? I ordered mine and it arrives in April. I was going to buy some lead, but how much? I ride Regular, but my Daughters are both Goofy.

I feel I could of gotten the SE with slightly less options at the same price as what I got the SL for. I just didn't want such a massive boat. I am very happy with my decision going with the SL and can't wait to get it.

The 2019 SL has a much larger prop this year 16x15 I think. The engine has more torque too for 2019. I want to say it is now closer to the badging of 450.

Yes. New motor is great—it is the new 450. Have you also caught the 1.76 trans change? By the sounds of your prop, yes.....you can actually run an even taller prop on would be my guess. I have 16-16.25 and it’s excellent at 1300’.

An SL with 1000# lead and a few folks is a dynamite machine. Like, really really good. You’ll be stoked to the hills. Both waves will be excellent.

1000# is how Robert Garcia runs/ran his. It’s how my surf pal does it too, except his is a 550. Autowake typically off, and just meet the angles needed with max weight.

You’ll be tickled.