Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakechango)      Join Date: Aug 2014       05-31-2016, 7:09 PM Reply   
Don't know the exact story but 2 boats decided to go night cruising 1 ran up the back of this boat. This is the bottom boat being pulled out. From what I know there were some injuries none fatal. Only posting this so people see this does happen. Be careful and enjoy the lake never wanna see this again. P.S I stole the picture from FB I didn't add the caption.
Name:  Image1464746908.962872.jpg
Views: 2536
Size:  141.7 KB
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2016, 7:39 PM Reply   
Rule number one of boating in AZ... do not go to the lake on the weekend.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-31-2016, 10:16 PM Reply   
First off; Joe you're still alive?
Second; you are right, 2 boats were cruising at night single file. Lead boat had navigation lights on but not the aft white light. Lead stopped and got rear ended and kinda ran over. Injuries but no fatalities. I know both parties in the situation and I'm glad that they're all alive.

Last edited by durty_curt; 05-31-2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Your mom distracted me
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-01-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
DAMN THATS TERRIBLE !!!! why so close to each other ? why not staggered in case one stops suddenly ? Glad nobody was killed
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2016, 10:04 AM Reply   
What is it about 3 day weekends that brings out the Worst Boaters. I'm sure this could have happend on any weeeked but any of the big weekends seems to be when stupidity is at its height.

My observations of this three day weekend.

#1 memorial day is the unofficial kick off to summer many people have NOT been boating all year, so this is when you're going to experience delays at the ramp Ect because people have not dusted off the spider webs weather it's launching or anchoring or simply avoiding a sun burn.

#2 lots of people that don't boat all year some how decide that this is a great weekend to go out???
WHY??? It's like they like to set them selfs up for failure? Another thing I notice is, lots of older people go out on this weekend. And what do they do? They complain about all the craziness! This I don't understand. It's like getting on the freeway at 5 o'clock and then complaining about traffic?
If you don't want to NOT deal with all the people then pick another weekend or go out in the early hours and avoid traffic or the crazies.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-03-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
Just saw this post and thought I might add some corrections. I was 1 of 2 people Life Flighted out, the other being the owner of the Calibria. We were not under way when we were hit. We were parked and waiting to meet up with the other boat. The other boat collided with us and ran up onto our boat. I was at the rear of the boat and was crushed by it and tossed overboard. The owner of the boat was sitting in the drivers area and was pinned under the boat. The other 3 girls and guy were on the other side and luckily were not injured severely. As I came to in the water, I asked who hadnt come up yet and got a response that the owner had not come up. I swam over and tried to pull the boats apart and get him loose. He came up beside me and I swam him to the back of the boat where they helped us into the boat. The entire memory is spotty and not one I enjoy. We were all lucky to not have been injured worse, the owner was able to get out of the hospital later the next day and I was released on Wed. I suffered a couple broken ribs, collapsed and punctured lung, and a crushed T11 vertebra. Im able to walk and move around, albeit with a great deal of pain but in a couple months they expect me to make a full recovery. I cannot thank the boat that came out and towed us back enough, nor whoever was watching over us that prevented any worse injuries.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-03-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty530 View Post
Just saw this post and thought I might add some corrections. I was 1 of 2 people Life Flighted out, the other being the owner of the Calibria. We were not under way when we were hit. We were parked and waiting to meet up with the other boat. The other boat collided with us and ran up onto our boat. I was at the rear of the boat and was crushed by it and tossed overboard. The owner of the boat was sitting in the drivers area and was pinned under the boat. The other 3 girls and guy were on the other side and luckily were not injured severely. As I came to in the water, I asked who hadnt come up yet and got a response that the owner had not come up. I swam over and tried to pull the boats apart and get him loose. He came up beside me and I swam him to the back of the boat where they helped us into the boat. The entire memory is spotty and not one I enjoy. We were all lucky to not have been injured worse, the owner was able to get out of the hospital later the next day and I was released on Wed. I suffered a couple broken ribs, collapsed and punctured lung, and a crushed T11 vertebra. Im able to walk and move around, albeit with a great deal of pain but in a couple months they expect me to make a full recovery. I cannot thank the boat that came out and towed us back enough, nor whoever was watching over us that prevented any worse injuries.

DUDE !! First off glad to hear nobody was killed and you seem to be healing , I'm sorry you guys had to go through that ordeal how freaking scary !!

Second thanks for coming on here and clarifying what exactly happened !!
Old     (wakechango)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-03-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
I second that message glad recovery will come and no fatalities. I enjoy Apache Lake and have been there during other serious accidents. Never like to hear or see these things happen. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-03-2016, 12:21 PM Reply   
This was from that night after the boats were towed back. It took a lot to get the upper boat dislodged the next morning.
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2016, 1:13 PM Reply   
Holly crap

I'm glad you are alright
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-03-2016, 1:21 PM Reply   
Omg - glad youre all alive!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2016, 6:01 PM Reply   
Very lucky nobody hurt worse