Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-27-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT_AS-10.html
Has anyone tried out this subwoofer? It is an active subwoofer. I was thinking about putting it in my boat. I will be running two rev 10's powered by a syn4 on the tower and six xs-650 speakers in the boat powered by an HT6.
Are there better subwoofer and amp setups for the same price that sound better/more powerful? Or are there any subwoofer and amp setups that would produce the same sound but cost less?

Last edited by Camsquared211; 06-27-2013 at 6:46 PM.
Old     (DQ)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-28-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
I think its an awesome deal. Sounds really good for such a small compact sub. My buddy has a new Centurion and this is the factory installed sub they use now and sounds amazing. Kind of hard to beat, small foot print, self contained, all you need is the power and ground and a set of RCA's wired to it. Having an external amp will cost more, take up space that you could use for something else. Even though these boats come with alot of storage, you can never have enough in my opinion. The choices you have picked amp wise and speaker wise are perfect matches. Those 650's are going to come alive with the 110 watts to each one, and the amp running at stereo 4 ohms will not get hot because it is not having to really work that hard to get to it. The REV10's with the Syn4 bridged at 4ohms will really impress you as well as others around you. I really couldn't come up with a better mixture. Great choices and post up some pics when you get it done.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-28-2013, 10:39 AM Reply   
Cam,
I normally select products (especially an enclosure, sub driver and the related amplifier) based on the boat first plus system application before all else.
If you have an application where the Wetsounds HT AS-10 fits the boat and is balanced with the rest of your system, there is really no way to divide the product up into three independent components and get the same value and performance. For an upgrade that would consume more space, look at the Wetsounds XS-12 sub, HT-1 amplifier and a true waterproof enclosure.

David
Earmark Marine