Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2020, 2:36 AM Reply   
Hey all...I have a 2007 Centurion Typhoon and I'm having an issue where the combing pad on the starboard side gunwale behind the driver is overlapping the fiberglass seat base, creating a situation where the seat is really unstable and slides out when someone steps on it while boarding the boat. First pic is the starboard side in question, second is the port side for comparison.

Is this something that can be corrected with some upholstery work to the combing pad? Only other thing I could think of would be to add some additional rubber/plastic retainers to the bottom, but not sure how well that would work. Would appreciate any thoughts...thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by h2ohangtime; 08-21-2020 at 2:39 AM. Reason: Added context
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2020, 7:43 AM Reply   
That pic is a little too close for me to see what the issue is. But there are usually black retaining pieces on the seat bottoms to prevent them from siding out. Maybe yours is missing or Centurion didn’t use them?
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2020, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
That pic is a little too close for me to see what the issue is. But there are usually black retaining pieces on the seat bottoms to prevent them from siding out. Maybe yours is missing or Centurion didn’t use them?
So if you look on the right side of the first pic, you’ll see there’s only a very thin strip of white (seat base) supporting the outboard edge of the seat. On the left side of the second picture, there’s about an inch and a half or two inches supporting that one. I have the plastic pieces on the underside of the seat, but it still slides.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-21-2020, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have a similar situation on my back cushions on my boat. When I bought it there were some black retaining pieces to rest against the side of the cavity under the seat and also strategically placed velcro. The velcro failed over time and the seats got a bit dangerous. I just replaced the velcro this spring and the seats hold tight now and the cushions can move if needed.

This velcro worked great, cut it to fit:

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-...b-8a79de2d236f
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2020, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhanley View Post
I have a similar situation on my back cushions on my boat. When I bought it there were some black retaining pieces to rest against the side of the cavity under the seat and also strategically placed velcro. The velcro failed over time and the seats got a bit dangerous. I just replaced the velcro this spring and the seats hold tight now and the cushions can move if needed.

This velcro worked great, cut it to fit:

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-...b-8a79de2d236f
Great idea, I’ll give that a shot as well. For the “brain” of our StarGazer, I actually used some industrial strength Velcro that is more like plastic than the rug-like normal stuff.