Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-14-2017, 7:49 AM Reply   
My friends at Wizard Lake had 4 G23's stolen from their gated and locked yard two nights ago and the boats are apparently moving east. There's a chance the thieves may try and head stateside as they were last seen on the Trans Canada highway outside Winnipeg. These guys will need to stop every few hundred km/miles for fuel and sound like they're travelling in a group still.

NEW UPDATE:

Hey! My brother and I seen one green boat and one orange boat that look exactly like these following behind one another on the trans Canada highway heading east just outside Winnipeg late last night!!! I stopped at a gas station with my brother to fuel up and grab a bite to eat & we seen another blue one pass by about 20 - 30 mins after we seen the other's! Wow! I just seen this post this morning that an Edmonton friend of mine shared! I hope this information might help!? Obviously I can't guarantee that those were the boats I seen but it's very ironic to see 3 almost identical boats so close together at that time of night. Yikes! I hope you find them

Update: we received this tip below that the boats were seen in the Cold Lake area

I saw a couple of boats like the ones you are missing this morning just outside of Cold Lake. It was at about 6:05am, and they turned east off of Hwy 28 onto Hwy 55 eastbound. One after the other. Thought it was unusual to see a couple of high end boats at that time. There isn't much traffic at that time either. They barely slowed down for the corner. Sorry but that's all I've got.

STOLEN BOATS!!! We need your help! We had 4 boats stolen early in the morning Sept 13th from our Calmar Alberta location. Please keep an eye out for these G23's and share this post! The two blue boats are 2018 G23's and the Green and Orange ones are 2017's. Please call the RCMP or Wizard Lake Marine 780-985-4200 if you have any info! *note the one 2018 G23 may still be under a white shrink wrap cover. Will be on a black tri axle trailer* #wizardlakemarine #stolenboat #nautique #nautiqueboats #g23 #wakeboats #wakepics #wbp #edmonton #alberta #canada #pleaseshare — at Wizard Lake Marine.
Attached Images

Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       09-14-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
Did they contact OPP to set up a road block in Northern ontario. There is only one Hwy , No way around Dryden , Ignace , upspsala
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-14-2017, 8:42 AM Reply   
Man, that's ballsy as hell to try and get away with that. We don't exactly have a lot of different highways in Canada to get away. You either go east or west. There isn't really a north or south option.lol. Don't think it will take too long to find especially if they are road training.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
I just saw the video and it looks like they knew where a ladder was kept and where the camera was located.

I hope they catch these guys.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-16-2017, 6:44 AM Reply   
Also seems like they've headed East and were last seen in Manitoba (an hour north of North Dakota). Also get the impression that they're willing to travel well travelled roads late in night/early in the morning but have kept to the rural areas during the day.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-19-2017, 1:28 PM Reply   
This was all planned out very well chances are nobody will ever see these boats again.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-20-2017, 7:07 AM Reply   
I used to work in the Automotive Industry at an Acura Dealership. We had 6 brand new Acura MDX's stolen one night. The cops were very candid about how the MDX's were likely already in a Semi Truck on the way to be shipped overseas- Likely on their way to the middle east and we will probably never see the cars again. Well, they were at least correct in the fact that the cars vanished never to be seen again. I would agree that they are probably gone for good, very professional job. Totally Lame.
Old     (gqjeff)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-21-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
all probably have a new boat wrap by now
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 3:43 PM Reply   
Bump. 3 of the boats have been found and they are only missing the 4th one now.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
nice!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2017, 4:34 PM Reply   
Details?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 4:59 PM Reply   
https://globalnews.ca/news/3767423/3...arges-pending/
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-27-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Looks like all 4 boats have made their way back!
Old     (gqjeff)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-28-2017, 8:44 AM Reply   
the part of the story that gets me is 4 23' boats are worth 800K SMDH
Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       09-28-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
Glad they got them! To think these 4 people actually thought they'd get away with this is just stupid!!!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-28-2017, 11:58 AM Reply   
who the real thief in this story? HA Maybe it was robin hood and his merry men robbing to give back to the less fortunate.

I agree 800k WOW

HA
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-28-2017, 1:28 PM Reply   
stupid thieves. glad they got 'em.

That's one way to get a deal on a g23! "didn't I see this boat on the news?"
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-28-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
What is current exchange rate? 135-150k USD each for four boats is probably close to $800k Canadian.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-28-2017, 9:50 PM Reply   
1 USD = 1.24 CAD

In July it was around 1 USD = 1.29 CAD