Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-25-2014, 5:07 PM Reply   
Hello,

I am starting to look into rewiring my 92 Sport Nautique (helm console needs a complete overhaul) and was wondering if anyone had advice on best/most economical approach, and general feedback or advice as to completing this.

Thanks
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-26-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
I am curious why it needs an overhaul. Typically, this is something I would not do just because it looks bad or something. If nothing works, thats one thing, but if you think it will just be a fun project, I would disagree. If you do it, go over to PN or CCF and get the wiring diagrams. I would also try to find the same color wires but that is probably not 100% needed.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-26-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would also try to find the same color wires but that is probably not 100% needed.
I wouldn't do it any other way. And label every wire on both ends. I haven't rewired a boat but from wiring up Jeeps I can attest to what happens when you lose track of whats going on.
Old     (AdamTX)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-26-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
No real advice to provide but I'd love to see your work as I have a 91 sport which should be very similar setup. Nothing really wrong with mine but I need to replace speedos soon.
Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-26-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
I'm not doing it for the "fun" of it thats for sure. There are multiple gauges that simply aren't working even after replacing, and its been daisy chained so many times that I'm getting shorts at random. I had an issue last summer when attempting to use navigation lights and the local nautique dealership recommended an overhaul to eliminate any nagging electrical issues. It doesn't help that the previous owner decided to hack away at the engine harness also so its hard to follow back to that.

Would love to find an accurate wiring diagram and or pics of a dash that works properly for reference. I am going to have a neighbor that owns a body shop and rebuilds cars/trucks to help with the project as I'm sure its very similar for the most part.