Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-02-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
I'm looking for some pictures/ideas on what some people have done to integrate ballast/ballast pumps into their SN Direct Drives. We are using primarily 2 Bags on the sides of the engine (possibly replacing the led in bow with a other bag) and i'm looking for some ideas on how to clean up the setup. If people have worked out a way to run hoses so they aren't hauling out pumps and hoses every-time they want to fill up thats what I am mainly looking for.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-03-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
I looked into this pretty heavily at one point. I had bookmarks on websites that sold Jabsco pumps and various thru hull fittings and hoses. I thoroughly read a post on wake world where someone had detailed their automated ballast filler project. I was going to build seats that ran from the front to the back on each side of the engine compartment that would house the bags even though you would have to walk on them to get from the front to the back of the boat (easier to walk on than sacs). I purchased a couple sheets of Marine plywood and took measurements. I had talked to my upholstery guy about the cost of covering my custom work with padding and vinyl to make it look pretty. It was a complex plan that I scrapped in favor of shelling out some extra cash to go from a direct drive to a v-drive with built in factory ballast. Sometimes you have to know when to go from taking a half step forward to a full step.