Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-15-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
Wow.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2676
Old     (ericlassiter)      Join Date: May 2007       01-15-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
wow! that is serious pop..i wonder what that feels like. meaning if it's a hard hit or if it's a smooth slingshot type pop
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
The Vibe is a sick,sick board Gabe did a great job designing this board with C-Dub!!

Congrats on your first pro model board Gabe.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I can not wait to get my hands on one of those!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-15-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was blown away by how big Gabe goes in the first place, but to be doing it on a "flex" board is even more amazing. I'm going to try to get more footage of Gabe up this year.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
the wood stringer lay-up looks a little different. instead of one piece it looks like four put together as one (two on bottom two on top in a rectangle)

Upload

and "normal foam," i guess it is a bit of a "hybrid" too in the sense that it uses the traditional foam (not divinicell)? and wood. i'm Guessing it is somewhere between the thickness and stiffness/flex of a traditional board and slingshot board.

p.s. there's another of B Hutton on the DB9. mostly just riding and not so much about the board, but nice. http://www.cwb-tv.com/index.php?mod=clinic cant wait for more clinics

wonder how much the flex fins flex? only other company with flexible fins is sine. and those babies can be bent a good 90* or more that i saw in a stokemeter vid once, granted they are molded-in

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 15, 2010)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
I was in the boat during that shoot. Gabe is very impressive. He's a great rider with lots of super-sick style. Also very underrated and a all around cool guy. It's great to see that someone like him, who is really pushing different aspects of the sport, got his own board and had lots of input on it's design.

Hutton's a bad-dog, too. Lot's of really smooth, tech riding out of him. It's really fun getting a guy like him on the boat for a free ride session. Sick!

I'm excited for 2010. The new boards and bindings were far beyond my expectations.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-16-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Yea the vibe is absolutely a sick board. I have been waiting for a company to produce this exact board for years and im so stoked Cdub finally got it handled. It flexes when you want it to and how you want it to
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
I can't recall any video of anyone riding a flex board, where they go that big.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-17-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Upload
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSWWf5ZJSo
^^^ what about Randall Harris on the recruit

on another note, ironically, I was surprised to find that the Vibe didn't score that great on "pop" in the "Alliance wake mag gear guide test"
but I know the tests were just for fun and have bias (despite efforts against) with just 4 riders or so. I mean it would have to be biased judging from the vid of gabe.

just a shadow of the ever present idea, that its more the rider and not so much the equipment.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-18-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
^^^^I heard his board wasn't a flex board. True? Or not true?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-18-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
Is the vibe really going to be $500??? Thats crazy, but its what the WW board guide says!
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-18-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Jrod I dont think Randall is riding the recruit. The recruit is flex I think. But Randall is riding a stiff board called the Vandall.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-18-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
I may be wrong, but I don't think the Recruit is a flex board. Not like the Severance anyway.
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-18-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
The Recruit and the Severance both have flex. The main difference between the two is that the Recruit is a continuous rocker and the Severance is a 3-stage. In that video Vandall was riding a Recruit 143.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-18-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
Im pretty sure randalls board is a hybrid flex.. like the ennen and the vibe. I ride the ennen and have ridden the vibe and both are sick sick boards! the vibe is probably the poppiest board ive ever ridden. My only complaint is the rail fins dont track solid enough for my likings but im sure they can be swapped out
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
NOW Randals NEW board is a stiffer board yes.

BUT
i repeat
BUT
in the OLDER video, BEFORE his pro model came out and picture posted above he is riding the recruit

watch the video and you will see. the pic was just to freeze one point.

Again, its more the rider and not the gear.
randal could go big on a 2X4

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 18, 2010)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
lookin' back. my last statement might come across as "loud" or "harsh."
intent was merely to emphasize ;)
Old    usfhookup            01-20-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
Vibe.... best board I have ever ridden.... HUGE POP.... soft landings.... doesnt feel like a wet noodle like other flex boards.... it will only flex when it needs to! Awesome board! Love it!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
I just got my Vibe yesterday. I can not believe how light the setup is with boots. CWB really did a great job on their footwear this year!

The other thing is, like Ben said it doesn't flex like other flex decks. You can tell this thing was designed for wake riding as well as rails, it's got some play but it feels so snappy under your feet.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hmmmm... Sounds like I may have to get my hands on a Vibe. Haven't ridden it yet. I'm usually too lazy to swap my bindings. Maybe I should have tried it when I got a chance.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-26-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Gabe Lucas shreds!