Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I live in Centerville and ride on Lake Rathbun. I have an '06 Moomba Mobius XLV and was wondering if there were some people in the area that would be interested in a pull. Its hard for me to find people to ride with, let alone anyone to drive.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
I live in West Des Moines. How long of a drive is it?
Old     (mattwc)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
I'm also in West Des Moines. How is the water on Rathbun on the weekends. The construction company i work for built the Honey Creek lodge but it was in the winter & early spring. man did it suck to look at the lake every day and not be able to do anything on it. I wanted to pull my hair out!

Luke B how often do you get out and where do you get out?
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-10-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
I don't get out that often. I moved here a year ago and don't have a boat here. The boat is in lincoln Ne. I am not really in riding shape now, but I just want to get out and do something.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Its about an hour and a half drive. The weekends just depend, sometimes you can find decent water, but you always have the coves to yourself before 10-11 on most weekends. There aren't ever other wakeboarders out, sometimes skiers and then just tubers around mid day on.
Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
ok boys i am in WDM also and i ride out to panorama with some guys during the week and the sometimes saylorville on the weekends but it has to be a early morning run out there as well get pretty bad by 10 or so. parents also have a place on ponderosa so the is also a riding spot when i get out there. for as much place ane opportunities i have to ride you think i would happen more!! but sadly once a week at best right now!!!
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I thought panorama was a private lake? How far is that from wdm?
Old     (mattwc)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
Panorama ia a private lake and it's about 1hr 30 min west of West Des Moines.

I ride Saylorville. I've only been out three times this year and the conditions have been so bad i've had to wakesurf. I go to Saylorville early mornings or late afternoon on Fridays.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-10-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
I would like to get together with someone sometime. I don't know how much I would ride. But I can drive plenty :-)
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Rathbun is usually good enough to find a spot to ride and is not even comparable to Saylorville. I don't think I would plan on ever considering that lake for my main boating. If you guys want to car pool down anytime let me know. I would like to start trying to build a decent crew to ride with.
Old     (mattwc)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
i hear ya. Saylorville is to wide open with no coves so if anyone farts out of the north the lake becomes choppy.
Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       07-14-2009, 5:30 AM Reply   
haha yea saylorville is bad. last year early after the floods when the best i have even had it out there we were way up past the spillway boarding and it was super calm. but normally that is only a couple feet deep. last year early it was around 18!! :-) and it takes us all of 45 minutes to get to panorama if you live anywheres on the west side of town
Old     (mattwc)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-15-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
ya, early summer is great because you can go up past the 2nd bridge & ride pretty much all day. by July its to low to make it up that far like you said. Man if i ever win the lottery i'm building a "Radar Lake" with 30 foot high trees around it. haha
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I'll be camping at Rathbun tomorrow through Sunday and out on the water most of the time. If anyone else is out stop and say high. White/Red Mobius LSV.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
i'll be out friday and saturday hopefully. i have a yellow mobius xlv, and will most likely be back in buck creek cove by the rathbun marina.
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I am from Ames, not sure how far it is exactly to any of those lakes but I am looking for some people to ride with. Don't have a boat yet but I can pay for gas and have experience driving. Do any of you go on the Des Moines river in the middle of town? I know there are some people that will do that and it works pretty good they say.
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
hey guys i just moved to West Des Moines and would love a pull, i can drive anywhere and have gas money, so hit me up if your lookin for another rider. 612-229-3135 shoot me a text
Jonathan
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-21-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I live in Cedar Rapids and usually ride Coralville, but we make it down to Rathbun a few times. I'll give a shout if we're headed down. If anyone ever makes it over to the CR area, let me know. I have a boat, bvut hard to find people to ride with during the week.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-25-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
It would take you 2 or 3 hours but there is some real nice riding spots on the Mississippi River on the "East Coast" of Iowa. I'd be happy to take anyone out and show 'em around and give out free pulls if they want to make the drive.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-03-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
Hey Cody! It's Fran.

The boys and I are still hoping we get a chance to hook up with you out at Rathbun before the summer ends - at least once!

They have football and school starting in about 2 weeks so let me know what works for you and we will do our best to get there.

Give me a call or send me an e-mail (check my profile for the address).

We are still planning on Monday too. Hopefully the weather cooperates. See you then!