Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (dlockett99)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
I have been riding a 03 Byerly now for 6 years and have finally decided to get a new board. How does the One compare to the Byerly as far as ride/pop/ cut? I know the only way to find out is to demo, but I live 2 hours from nearest shop and would rather buy and return than demo.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
I use to ride old Byerlys, year after year, went to the Ibex it was okay, then the One didn't like it, went back to the ibex, now and am on a slingshot and its by far better than all of them, including the old Byerlys
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       05-29-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
dont get the one board you wont like it. you would have to change every thing you do when you ride. You have to figure out the pop on the one board. I bought a one board and rode it for like 2 months and sold it for 100 buck hated it
Old     (cwitham)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-29-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
I used to ride an 03' byerly. I loved how fast it was, and easy to release. Now I ride an 07' ERA (which is basically the old Premier shape). I love the premier even more because it just feels so smooth and still has really good pop (as much or more than the Byerly in my opinion.) To me it was not a difficult transition at all.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
The one board has the nicest pop out of any board I have ever ridden...it takes a while to get used to the edging but it will be way faster than your byerly.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
IMO the 09 One is one of the best boards shaped ever. I love it. But is not all that comparable to the byerlys. Byerlys are very grippy and tight on the water where the 09 One is more "surfery", releases quicker. Pop wise, the 09 One is smoother than the Byerly's.
I'd say go for it because the new One is amazing but the Ibex is closer to what you're riding now.

(Message edited by kristian on May 29, 2009)
Old     (dlockett99)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2009, 4:46 AM Reply   
Nick, I take it your riding the recoil??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-30-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
yes sir
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
I was in the same boat; bought a Slingshot but really didn't like it, then the One (better) but then I tried the Monarch... if you like the old Byerly ride then you'll love the Monarch. Easily the smoothest all-around board I have rode. Look for an 08; same thing as the 09 but 1/2 the price.