Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
The Randall thread got me thinking of Mark Kenney and how impressive he was on a board, so lets keep him in our thoughts and pay a little respect.
If you have any vid or pics, post them up in his memory!!
RIP Mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9a4diF88g
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
saw him ride in person around about 2001in NZ, unreal, thats kind of how i imagine seeing Randall in person would be. def. on the same level. if you like dean smith, you'd better check out Kenney.
RIP
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQ-UgRCTmc&feature=related
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
How do you download clips off the internet? it used to be that I could right click on something, click save taget as... it would download, and I could re edit it in movie maker, it doesn't seem to work any more...?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-29-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
I know I have put up this identical post in the past, but here goes. I remember at the Irvine Pro Tour I was sitting with my dad who is the biggest Murray fan there is. They announced Mark off the dock and I said "dad, watch this guy, he goes big & this is how I want to ride". Mark proceeded to shred, including a huge Switch Mobe into the flats. My dad was amazed. The day ended up going to Ruck somehow. Years later talking to one of the riders on tour I was telling him how I was at that stop and saw Mark ride. He stopped me mid sentence and said "Mark should of won that one, he destroyed everyone".

Innov8, I think it's really cool to keep the mans memory alive. I never met Mark but he still inspires me. I was very sad when I told my dad that he had passed away. First thing he said "no, not the guy that went huge".
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Here is one of Mark at the Gravity Games. He won Gold.
Upload

This pic is a normal (no double up) W2W Swith HS Mobe. Pretty Huge! The pic is labelled as just Backroll Mobe but it is switch for him.
Upload
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
People are still catching up to Mark's abilities. He was an amazing rider and a very cool person to meet. R.I.P. Mark!
Old    benj_t            07-29-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
dang dude those pics are insane!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-29-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
When I was at O-Town Glen and I had a talk about some of the brothers and sisters the sport has unfortunately lost.

Mark passed away on my birthday, it's always a reminder of someone that inspired me in the sport I love.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       07-29-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
BH

I was at the irvine stop as well. It wasn't even close. I know Mark was not a big fan of rails, but at this stop, it was wake only and he absolutely killed it. I know Ruck won the title that year, so mabey there is a bias to the one on top. It does not matter where he finished, I am just glad today that I got to see him ride in person. Only time I saw Randall up close was at the Vans triple crown in Irvine, due to his hand being in a cast, I did not get to see him at his best.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Mark Kenney was so sick!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-29-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
I was at those Gravity Games,he Killed it in conditions that were nasty.You can see the chop in that picture.Thanks for bringing him up.I was just thinking about him a few days ago as I was riding where that picture is.
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Wow...Thats all I have to say. Ive been around this sport for a bit, and I'm embarrassed to say that I have never heard of him. Thats is some amazing skill there. I dont know what happened to him though, all I keep seeing is RIP's and it's kinda sad. I can only imagine what he'd be doing right now....
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-30-2008, 3:37 AM Reply   
i remember meating him then him dying like a month later he was so nice and down to earth
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
Kenney ripped, I know that Ferraro has said that he saw him stick a few 1080's. I never doubted that he hit those based on the way he spun. No telling what he would have accomplished.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
That pic of Mark at the gravity games is sooooooo sick, all that chop and he still flys as big/if not bigger then anyone, thanks for sharing that pic I had never seen it.
Its my pleasure to keep Marks name alive and let the new people of the sport enjoy his riding like we all had a chance to do, he was so ahead of his time!!