Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-09-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
i ride this board (skull design) and love it but it's not mine...anybody know where i can buy one or suggest anything newer that feels the same?

thanks,
-Kim
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
no board feels the same as this shape. I too love board but have never owned one. I suggest checking ebay for another one of these.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-09-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
thanks Nick and just curious...what is it about this board we love compared to others? it just fits me best and my riding style whereas others just don't feel right...too squirely, too beginner, etc. i'll look on craig's list and ebay but have never used the auctions before.
-Kim
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-10-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
I have this board but just recently bought a 2006 O'Brien Natural. They seem to be similar with the Natural being faster especially in a little chop. Would recommend trying out the Natural.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-10-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Ok...thanks for the tip Rich :-).
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-11-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I have this board, with no fins, sitting in my garage. I'll toss you a PM
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-11-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Thanks Tony,

It's this one:
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard4.asp?ProductID=1604

A couple of people from WakeWorld sent this link to me :-)...when I couldn't find it through Google.

If you have this board in a 132 in good condition I want to buy it. Otherwise, please suggest something similair.

P.S. My neighbor thinks I should find a girls board from a pro model...what do you think? I really like the feel of this board...should it matter outside of graphics?
-Kim
Old    wakejjboard12            06-11-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Doesn't matter. The boards are the same as the guys but with different graphics. I ride the Jett 136 which is exactly the same as the witness, but i just came from a premier. This is actually my first girls board. To answer your question though it doesn't matter. Find the board that fits you best.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-11-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Kim, my friend used to ride the 03 Byerly. After demoing quite a few boards from all brands, he narrowed it down to the LF Axis and LF PS3. He finally decided on the AXIS. He also liked the Ronix One board. You might want to try all three of those boards.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-11-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Thanks Jessica and that's what I thought and have heard...that most boards are the same except with different graphics when it comes to girls vs boys. For re-sale value, I would buy something that's more universal in looks and function anyways...although how could I sell my first board. Glad to hear from a girl on here too :-). another question...i did pink a lot when i was 4...can't us girls have other colors from the industry except this and pastels ;0.
-Kim
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-11-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
thanks for the info on the alternative boards girl...and you still have your boat...hooray!!!
-Kim
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-11-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
you mean you don't like pink wakeboards with glitter on it? You make a good point though, I don't think I have ever seen a "girl" wakeboard with graphics that aren't pastel colors.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-11-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
dear god nooooo!!!! i went in a GI Joes the other day and asked where the girls UW husky clothes where (cause i'm an alum) and as i looked around i saw racks of mens and youth appearal and he said right here...the pink stuff. i was so pissed so i walked to the soccer section to find socks and there was only mens and youth...you see were i'm getting at hehe. it's either wear something that doesn't quite fit cause it's mens or youth or go with the pink and pastels stuff that's more about fashion. but that's what i get for being a girl that likes sports other than yoga and doesn't really look good in pastels ;0. i guess in the end it'll make me tougher and the industry is getting better at providing some stuff for females even if it's pink or purple w/flowers :-).
-Kim