Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-05-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
just wanted to meet some local riders in the seattle area but i'll say hi to everyone else out there too :-). wakeskating is a blast!
-Kim
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
true that.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Kim,
If you don't mind me adding on to your post, I am also interested in finding this info out. I was up visiting a client in Seattle and am considering making the move from CA. I am extremely new to wakeboarding/wakeskating/wakesurfing, however, I dig it so much that I don't want to give it up.
Any input on the WakeBoard culture and riding environment up there would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-12-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Hey Clinton thanks for chiming in...where do you skate out of and what kind of board?

Dean...the culture up here is great. kind of layed back and boat owners tend to find a good crew that works for them (friends & others) and then add people as they need. where are you thinking about moving to? around here some go in the winter too. you can get a dry suit and add booties, gloves and a hood for having the lake pretty much to yourself when it's off-season (around Oct-March). anymore questions and you can always shoot me an email. good luck and if you do move i can add you to a locals group list i have...you too Clinton unless you already are there :-).
-Kim
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
i'm from kansas city, missouri, and we have a house at pomme de terre lake about 2 and a half hours south of here, i ride a liquid force armada 41, what do you ride?
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-15-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
i ride whatever is in the boat...hyperlite Brian Grubb usually. i like riding without shoes but if it's got grip-tape ouch ;).
-Kim
Old     (dguimbellot)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-18-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
we ride on lk samm all the time. i'm down near vasa park.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
ok all you area wakeskaters...i need more riders to learn from as most people wakeboard not skate so let me know if you ever need a third or if i can tag along please :-).
-Kim
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
Me, Kevin, Andrea, and Mike wakeskate down at American Lake, near Fort Lewis.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-07-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
hey that's cool...let me know if you need a third sometime and i'll drive down :-).
-Kim
Old    wawakechic            09-19-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
Yep! I love it, I love it, I love it, but I suck. Lots of fun though!
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
i suck too but it's fun huh...keep at it though :-).
-Kim
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Come on Andrea, you dont suck. The season is pretty much over Kim, but we are always down another wakeskater if you want to ride with us next year. We also have a Hyperlite Catalyst, Cassette Flat, Liberation, L13, and two Integritys you can tryout.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-18-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
yes please and i'm still up for getting in the water if there is a need for a third anywhere. ps Andrea...i have the most talented friends that ride bmx and they still think they suck. the important thing is you are out there trying and hopefully having fun along the way :-).
-Kim
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
Just bought a HL Karma skate. Never wakeskated before in my life, but going to try it out next season behind the Sea Doo. We're on Lake Sammamish and have a Malibu for boarding and Sea Doo is going to be for skating. Look us up if you want to go out.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-25-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
yeah i want to go out now...so let me know when :-).

thanks,
-Kim