Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-06-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
My family is looking at buying a new 2004 Moomba Outback w/tower, is it a good boat? I know that it is primarily a ski boat but with some weight can it throw a good wake? I was also wondering what kind of deals there are out there for new Moombas? Should we wait until winter time to buy at the boat show for a better deal????
Old    milo_lite            09-06-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
If you want a wakeboard boat, get the mobius, its a mombga wakeboard boat.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
I like the Outback, but I would go with the LSV version. The only difference between the Mobious and the Outback is standard options.

Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Patrick,
The standard Outback has a hull designed for a ski wake. The Outback LS and LSV (and the Mobius LS and LSV) has a hull designed for wakeboard wake. You can weigh down an Outback, but you won't get near the wake shape or size of the wake you would get from the LS/LSV hull. If you are looking for a decent crossover boat, go with the LS (either the Outback or Mobius).
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
I have a 04 outback i got in march. Was the first boat i bought myself, so i didnt want to go any higher in models. The LSV is nicer since it is a vdrive, but you wont see any difference in the LS(becuase the hull is the same, just a few options that i didnt care for)

I only wakeboard, and very rarely have anyone ski behind my boat. I put a fat seat(1500) in the back, and two fat buddies on each side of the motor(250), plus any ppl that are riding. It puts out an ok wake but nothing special, if your only going to wakeboard i would suggest going with the LSV, you will be happier in the end. IF you like to ski as much as boarding, go with the standard outback and save some money.
good luck
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
ryankid,
Your post is a little confusing. Just to clarify, you have an Outback, not an Outback LS. Correct?

From all the postings I have seen about Moombas, you can pretty much generalize that for pure skiing, go with the Outback; for skiing and wakeboarding, go with either the Outback LS or the Mobius LS; for primarily wakeboarding, go with either the Outback LSV or the Mobius LSV.

(Message edited by wakeshoe on September 08, 2004)
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
YEs, i have the outback(sorry). From what i have seen and been told, the LS and Mobius LS is no different than the plan outback. Other than the ski locker, deeper/narrower back deck, and 2 extra cup holders on the LS. THe mobius Ls just has teh mobuis graphics and a few extras.

Also you get more color choices and trim choices with the LS/mobius ls. Other than those interoir/exterior image things, not much difference.

Someone can correct me if im wrong, has happend before hehehe.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
LS and outback are totally different hulls.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
OK, here's a correction. For the years 2003 and 2004, the Outback (plain, not LS or LSV) has a hull that was designed for skiing, not wakeboarding. The Outback LS, Outback LSV, Mobius LS and Mobius LSV all have the same hull which was specifically designed for wakeboarding. The Outback LS and Mobius LS are direct drive boats (engine in the middle of the boat). Both can be weighted down to produce a very good wake. The only difference between an Outback LS and a Mobius LS is that the Mobius comes standard with a basic package for wakeboarding (tower, single Bertha Ballast, graphics, etc.). The tower and the ballast system are options on the Outback LS. The Outback LSV and the Mobius LSV are V-drive boats with the engine in the rear with two storage compartments, one on each side of the engine. The V-drive produces a better wake without additional weighting purely because the weight of the engine is in the rear. Adding the Bertha Ballast in the ski locker (and additional ballast in the two compartments alongside the engine) creates an excellent wake (although, depending upon how much ballast you add alongside the engine, you may need some additional weight in the front of the boat).

(Message edited by wakeshoe on September 08, 2004)
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
You cant forget the MObe XLV, top dog!!!
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Here is my boat ,,,,,,,, it's in great shape
WRECK