Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
I am wondering what is the best wakeboard training video??? I want a video that focuses on beginner/intermediate tricks, 180's 360's, graps, and maybe some info on going inverted.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-13-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Wake Trix
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-13-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Detention I or Higher Education I.
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-13-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Wake Trix is pretty sweet
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-14-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
I haven't watched Wake Trix, but Higher education and Detention are very good.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-14-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
All three. Just do it. Then you'll be able to answer when the next person asks! Higher Education is cooler than Detention, but the instruction is probably equally good. I do wish that there was more detail with the early tricks up to the simple inverts. Anxious to try waketrix.
Old     (wkbdtime)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-19-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
"Wakeboarding on the Edge" is the best instructional CD rom on the market. We use it as out text book for our wakeboarding school. www.learn2wakeboard.com. Check out Tips page. Why? It breaks everything down. From the progressive edge, which a majority of riders have trouble with, to landing your first Tantrum or Air Raley. The CD is awesome and the book is water proof.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-19-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
There is a new video coming out by Kyle Schmit, and a few other people at The wakeboard Camp called the "Book". It is by far the best instructional on the market. IT is Five DVD's long and the spend about 20 minutes describing how to do each trick. You can buy it as a set or separatly. check it out at, http://mclindigital.com/thebook.htm it's tight.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-19-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have seen Higher Education and I have Detention and Wake Trix. I think Wake Trix is the best of those three. I have a friend that went to TWC and said Kyle does an awesome job at the camp so I'd like to see his set but 5 disc set is a little much to just go out and buy.
Old    kdeyoung            10-19-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Waketrix is great...it is the only one I have seen however...my first year riding and have already mastered the Tantrum and many other heelside tricks...on to the toeside...

one little piece of advice...progress evenly both hs & ts...I wish I did...I am too impatient to start over and learn to ride well switch now.
Old     (airmandy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-20-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
I've have Waketrix and Higher Ed, and I have to agree with Ric. "Wakeboarding on the Edge" is the best. It's really simple to understand and geared for the beginner to Advanced. In the back of the book, it has a photo breakdown of each trick. Thats damm cool, cause you cant bring video tape on the boat.
I'm will to sell my Waketrix and Higher Ed to anyone for 1/2 the cost plus shipping. Anytakers?

I spent this season working on the progessive edge on ts & hs, plus keeping the handle at the hip. It was tuff but, man has it changed the air I get. At least a foot higher then my boyfriend.