Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-24-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
I am writing from the waiting room in a Chicago hospital. Worried sick about my 6 month old future wakeboarder. He is undergoing a procedure to remove a large nevus (enlarged birthmark) from his scalp. It is amazing how comforting it is to get on wake world and escape to normalcy for a moment... Thanks wake world!! In just a few short months we will have little man on the boat for the first time. Can't wait!!!!!!!!
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-24-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Don't even sweat it! I'm sure the procedure will go easy breezy and in a couple months when you hit the lake you will never think of it again. Start shopping for some toddler lifejackets for the summer!!!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-24-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
Had a nevus removed from my stomach when i was a kid, I still have the scar! I convince the ladies I got stabbed in a fight in mexico.....

Good luck man, Im sure all will go well.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-24-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Had a nevus removed from my stomach when i was a kid, I still have the scar! I convince the ladies I got stabbed in a fight in mexico.....

Who removed yours if you don't mind me asking?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-24-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post

lol. My three year old boy had surgery on his stomach when he was a month old and has a scar. He tells people that its from a ninja... I see how his story will evolve as he gets older .

Good luck bruce... It will go well. I know how you feel.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-24-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegoose23 View Post
Who removed yours if you don't mind me asking?
To be honest I dont remember, I was about 5 years old? I dont think it was any type of plastic surgeon since I still have a well defined scar across my last rib. I remember I was at the hospital, but it was more of an outpatient procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elc View Post
lol. My three year old boy had surgery on his stomach when he was a month old and has a scar. He tells people that its from a ninja... I see how his story will evolve as he gets older .

Good luck bruce... It will go well. I know how you feel.
I may have also convinced a few girls that I have a titanium rib...Apparently I was either wrestling a bear in alaska or I took a nasty spill on a rail up in Canada while snowboarding ....depending on the crowd haahaha.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-24-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Hell be fine. Little boys are tough. I know, My wife used to carry the oldest one sideways. She ran the little guys head into so may door jams and walls he still walks in circles. But otherwise, just fine
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-24-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
We have been out of surgery for 3 hours now. Little man is sleeping in mommy's arms right now. I'm sure h will tone up once the med wear off.. Wish us luck...
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2012, 5:39 PM Reply   
Glad to hear he's doing well this evening. Hang in there. I'm sure he'll be fine. Us dads worry a lot, and that's natural.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-24-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
Glad to hear he is doing well!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
Best Wishes
best part of your life is ahead of you
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-24-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
Humans are resilient creatures. Don't worry about a thing!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-24-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
nice to hear all is well. Just wait until he his on your lap for the first time holding onto the steering wheel for the first time. Just make sure to watch the throttle! He'll be just fine.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-25-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
nice to hear all is well. Just wait until he his on your lap for the first time holding onto the steering wheel for the first time. Just make sure to watch the throttle! He'll be just fine.
Sounds like tru experience..
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2012, 5:43 AM Reply   
Glad to hear all is going well. Also Dave, I would think setting perfect pass would fix that .
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-25-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
Know exactly what you mean.Coming on here always makes me feel good talking about things that make our lives more special.There have been countless times i've come on here to feel better when things are tough.My son almost lost his life more than once.Makes things a little better talking with people that all share a common love for the coolest sport on the planet !!hope all goes well for your son,i'm sure it will!!!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-25-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Yeah, my fault. Little dude was on my lap holding on, and I wasn't paying attention as we were under way, all of a sudden the boat just comes to a stop as people go flying forward. First thought was something was wrong and when I went for the throttle, looked down and little man had pulled it back. Guess he was big enough to reach at 8 months. If one hand was one the wheel and the other on the throttle, does that officially count as driving the boat? . Amazing how fast they grow. Best wishes!
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-26-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Little man is back from hospital now recovering things wen great with the surgery. Thanks everyone for your thoughts we have been blessed with great friends and family to help us through this
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-27-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Awesome post! Prayers for the little one!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
not fun having a little one in the hospital for any reason. glad he is home
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
Glad it worked out, never fun having a little one in the hospital.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Been through some bad scares with my little guy already and it was so much worse than any surgery I have had on my own body that it is hard to put to words.

Glad he is home.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-28-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Been through some bad scares with my little guy already and it was so much worse than any surgery I have had on my own body that it is hard to put to words.

Glad he is home.
Same here.. I've had two surgeries and letting him go back to the OR was by far the hardest thing I have ever hd to do...