Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-25-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
So what did you think of it? You rode pretty well on it.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-26-2010, 1:26 AM Reply   
nice shredding!
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-26-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Kyle/English! I was only on the Flex 143 the whole weekend since the 137 Stiff is too small for me. It's a really fun board and has a good amount of flex to it. The Stiff had a shocking amount of flex as well too, so I think I'm going to like the 143 Stiff better. The ends are verrry thin and may be the thinnest I've seen on a board and the rails are very thick, but the board still cuts exactly the way I want it to whether it's raley cut or normal cut. The landings are crazy soft too, much like a SlingShot but since the board is so wide, it's even softer and the double concave bottom really does the job right. I took a massive 911 up last weekend and the landing was cake.

We have a deal going with Humanoid that we're gonna let people come out and demo the boards and offer a good discount on them so we're pretty pumped about the hookup.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-26-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Would you consider it comparable to the older style slingshots? I broke my 08 slingshot this summer and got another slingshot, but I cannot say I like it as much as my 08. The shape, rails, and flex are all too different for me.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
On a scale of 1 to sick, how sick would you say board is?
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-26-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Looking good out there keep it up
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-26-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
Adam! Awesome riding man! GREAT style... really fun to watch!
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-27-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Dan, I only rode my friends 08 or 09 recoil and it's pretty comparable to that. Has some features that make it a lot better than the SS though.

Ahren, I'd go with pretty sick.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-28-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
I have one of their first prototypes, and while mine doesnt have much flex at all due to it being a prototype I will say that it is a very fast board. I know they tweaked the rocker a little bit from the one I have (they actually added more rocker) but mine has quite a bit of kick to it I thought. Especially for it being a continuous rocker board. They are fun and pretty strong too. I use mine as my rail and jib board and it has been through all kinds of terrain and has held up so far so good. I actually missed an ollie onto a rail (hate to say it but my driver totally screwed up driving and I went for it anyways) and put the nose of my board straight into the rail. It actually took a big chunk out of our rail and did practically nothing to my board. Any other board I really think would have been done for.
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-01-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.