Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2009, 3:26 AM Reply   
hey everyone,

just wondering what everyone links of the new Hyperlite mounting system for there bindings. not sure what boards its all going on but i no its going on the new Marek nova core for sure which is the board I'm planning on picking up. Just wondering what you all are thinking or have heard about the new Strata Track Mounting System.

thanks
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-17-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
I'm interested to know more about how this system is goign to work as well. Anybody used it yet?
Old     (johnnewton8)      Join Date: May 2009       09-17-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have been selling Burton Snowboards for the last 3 years and the Hyperlite Strata Track System is the same as Burton's ICS Mounting Systems. I have not seen (or heard) one single failure for that system. Now I'm not saying nothing will ever go wrong with it or it will never break, but it is very customizable and lighter (just by a hair). You do have to make sure that your screws are tight, if it loosens, then it looses its strength. The con to Burton's ICS set-up is you can only use Burton Bindings (as of now there's no cross brand plates made) like the EST styles or traditional plates. I'm not sure that is the case with Hyperlite though. ENJOY...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-17-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
John, are there some kind of markings on the Burton boards that show how wide you have you bindings set? That's one thing that I noticed missing on the Hyperlite Strata setup. Once you move your stance, it doesn't look like there's a way to get it back exactly where it was before, not to mention getting both boots set at the same distance from center. Seems like there should be some markings or something.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanks bro you've been a great help with this. just watched it on youtube for snowboard and it tells exactly what i was looking for and thats how it worked. and the reviews on that track system are super high and recommended. thanks again bro and here are a few links shawn. i have the ones from the 08 set up as the hyperlite one should be at minimum this good but if its like the newer burton set up it will be much nicer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU2qyRvYcLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnmTCjykPPE
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-17-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
On the Burton boards there are markings with a Reference position for each food with the distance the reference positions are apart and then it measures the distance each direction from those reference points to get your stance width. Then the Burton ICS bindings have a clear area in the center that gives you your stance angle. I used it for the first time last winter and loved it. Never had my bindings loosen up at all and was able to easily slide the bindings back on a heavy pow day.
Old     (johnnewton8)      Join Date: May 2009       09-17-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
David, I would hope that Hyperlite would put some sort of hash marks on their boards to lay your stance out, but no one said this world was perfect. I wonder if those boards at Expo were "one-off's" and didn't have the finishing touches to them... I would almost bank on Hyperlite fixing that. Where is Brian White (our Hyperlite rep in the great nation of Texas, I mean state) when you need a quick answer?

Andrew, what's up homes? Look at you lay'n down some knowledge. I'm trying to get on the water, but it's been rain'n too much. At least we got water in our lakes!

ENJOY!!!